Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Been driving Lexus bought from new since 2005, and hybrids since 2014 as I use my cars till COE expires. Sad to see their steady decline from the ownership experience. Current one will be last one I will own. Two major areas of disappointment....quality issues and not keeping up with the competition in tech and powertrain, including hybrids. Anyhow, plenty of choices out there now. And I have a high mileage used German for 2 years now. If that’s anything to go by the Lexus reliability advantage is a myth.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
On 5/23/2020 at 10:39 AM, oleoleole said:

It is my dream to own an ES before I'm 40. Always drools when I see the ES300H parked at my place's CP. But the price and road tax is so prohibitive.. 

Your dream car might become nightmare like me. 

I am very disappointed that I had brought a new Lexus ES300H. Less than 6 months and I faced water leaking into the car which courses the driver and passenger carpet wet. I am very unfortunate that I discovered the defected on 30 March 2020. And Lexus Service Center told me the water leaking is from the sunroof rubber tube. And they needed 2 weeks to get the rubber tube spare part from Japan. Very unfortunate that the Circuit Breaker started 7 April 2020. Lexus Service Center could not repair my car. I only collect back my car on 3 June 2020. Lexus did replace a loan car ES250. Wow, this ES250 is under power and noisy than ES300H. It is too long to get back my car. I have asked a compensation. Lexus agreed to compensate me 2 times free servicing that all. Do you think is enough? Last Sunday, the water leaking come back again. Aiyo, my dream car become my nightmare car now.

(edited)
1 hour ago, simon6644 said:

Your dream car might become nightmare like me. 

I am very disappointed that I had brought a new Lexus ES300H. Less than 6 months and I faced water leaking into the car which courses the driver and passenger carpet wet. I am very unfortunate that I discovered the defected on 30 March 2020. And Lexus Service Center told me the water leaking is from the sunroof rubber tube. And they needed 2 weeks to get the rubber tube spare part from Japan. Very unfortunate that the Circuit Breaker started 7 April 2020. Lexus Service Center could not repair my car. I only collect back my car on 3 June 2020. Lexus did replace a loan car ES250. Wow, this ES250 is under power and noisy than ES300H. It is too long to get back my car. I have asked a compensation. Lexus agreed to compensate me 2 times free servicing that all. Do you think is enough? Last Sunday, the water leaking come back again. Aiyo, my dream car become my nightmare car now.

Think u need to send to contractor for water leakage issues.

Just joking hor as many people very jumpy nowadays due to the CB..

U should write in to the HQ(Japan) on this serious issue as Japs takes complaints very seriously..

Actually, u can sub out this job to @inlinesix he can write from minor to full interior leaking..he’s that good..😛

Good Luck.

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

20 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Think u need to send to contractor for water leakage issues.

Just joking hor as many people very jumpy nowadays due to the CB..

U should write in to the HQ(Japan) on this serious issue as Japs takes complaints very seriously..

Actually, u can sub out this job to @inlinesix he can write from minor to full interior leaking..he’s that good..😛

Good Luck.

Rather than a leak, i believe it is Lexus waterfall

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Lai liao.. U see lah..

Say leak, it will be dismissed as it perceived to be a small problem.

Say waterfall, it will raised eyebrow as they don't believe their quality can be so bad.  So will put in all the effort to investigate and rectify mah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Say leak, it will be dismissed as it perceived to be a small problem.

Say waterfall, it will raised eyebrow as they don't believe their quality can be so bad.  So will put in all the effort to investigate and rectify mah.

Yah.. just why all the sai kang u can gao dim one.. must also describe every time inside the car feels like Niagara Falls sexperience ..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 6/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, simon6644 said:

I am very disappointed that I had brought a new Lexus ES300H. Less than 6 months and I faced water leaking into the car which courses the driver and passenger floor matt wet. I am very unfortunate that I discovered the defected on 30 March 2020. And Lexus Service Center told me the water leaking is from the sunroof rubber tube. And they needed 2 weeks to get the rubber tube spare part from Japan. Very unfortunate that the Circuit Breaker started 7 April 2020. Lexus Service Center could not repair my car. I only collect back my car on 3 June 2020. Lexus did replace a loan car ES250. Wow, this ES250 is under power and noisy than ES300H. It is too long to get back my car. I have asked a compensation. Lexus agreed to compensate me 2 times free servicing that all. Do you think is enough? Last Sunday, the water leaking come back again. Aiyo, my dream car become my nightmare car now.

Driver Seat Matt Wet.jpg

Passenger Seat Matt Wet .jpg

Could it be a lemon? How did the agent respond if this are recurring issues?  OMG, i am looking at this model too.  

Supercharged
On 6/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, simon6644 said:

I am very disappointed that I had brought a new Lexus ES300H. Less than 6 months and I faced water leaking into the car which courses the driver and passenger floor matt wet. I am very unfortunate that I discovered the defected on 30 March 2020. And Lexus Service Center told me the water leaking is from the sunroof rubber tube. And they needed 2 weeks to get the rubber tube spare part from Japan. Very unfortunate that the Circuit Breaker started 7 April 2020. Lexus Service Center could not repair my car. I only collect back my car on 3 June 2020. Lexus did replace a loan car ES250. Wow, this ES250 is under power and noisy than ES300H. It is too long to get back my car. I have asked a compensation. Lexus agreed to compensate me 2 times free servicing that all. Do you think is enough? Last Sunday, the water leaking come back again. Aiyo, my dream car become my nightmare car now.

My condolences. You definitely got a lemon.

Firstly, I am not fully convinced it is sunroof water channel issue, since it re-occured again even after they replaced it. In my friend experience (non-Toyota though), similar wet floor issue was caused by Aircon condensation pipe getting stuck and sending the water into the floorboard area.

2 x free base servicing is worth around 1k to you. Not bad. Try to sweeten it further by asking for it to be fully free for big servicing (40k or 80k) where each session is around 1+k.

Take care, and hope you can report back how the case goes.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
On 6/18/2020 at 2:08 PM, Wheelslover said:

Could it be a lemon? How did the agent respond if this are recurring issues?  OMG, i am looking at this model too.  

Lemon Law does not cover cosmetic repair unless the car could cause fire. My car has sent back for repair on 18 June 2020. And the diagnosed is air con problem, i think it the compressor issue. They needed 2 months to get the spare parts and repair. I am very worry that they will strip the car dash car to fix my car which may cause more damage. O my god, I just drive my car on 11 Oct 2020. 2 months delay for repair due to convid-19 and now need another 2 months to repair. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi, any NX300 owner here? Any feedback on the car? BM has attractive offer now and thinking of changing to this car.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
54 minutes ago, WCB017 said:

Hi, any NX300 owner here? Any feedback on the car? BM has attractive offer now and thinking of changing to this car.

Yes have the prefacelift 2.0t model.

What are your questions?

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Yes have the prefacelift 2.0t model.

What are your questions?

No particular questions but appreciate any feedbacks or comments about this car. I am indecisive on whether I should take up the offer. 

Supercharged
43 minutes ago, WCB017 said:

No particular questions but appreciate any feedbacks or comments about this car. I am indecisive on whether I should take up the offer. 

Very reliable. Almost no issues of note after 5 years.

Servicing is expensive. MUST negotiate free servicing for your warranty years.

Interior design is dated, which is understandable given this is 2014 design.

The rest - power/handling/comfort etc etc is very subjective and I trust you have done your detailed comparison with the equivalent rivals.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
16 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Very reliable. Almost no issues of note after 5 years.

Servicing is expensive. MUST negotiate free servicing for your warranty years.

Interior design is dated, which is understandable given this is 2014 design.

The rest - power/handling/comfort etc etc is very subjective and I trust you have done your detailed comparison with the equivalent rivals.

Thanks, I fully agree that the interior design is dated and this is also a key reason that is holding me back. I am actually considering between this or GLC 250 from PI as their prices are similar.

2 hours ago, WCB017 said:

Thanks, I fully agree that the interior design is dated and this is also a key reason that is holding me back. I am actually considering between this or GLC 250 from PI as their prices are similar.

getting the most reliable car in the world, dun need think liao.

every design will get outdated sooner or later, today u buy latest design, next month new design come out,

most important thing is it last😁

• Praise 1

Supercharged
8 hours ago, WCB017 said:

suggest you look at GLC200 from CnC instead of 250 from PI. Unless you mentally prepared to go without a warranty or after-sales support, and is the type who will change the car quickly within for example 3-4 years.

↡ Advertisement