Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

1 hour ago, Donald83 said:

@Toeknee_33  I used to drive a Qashqai before my Volvo so I know what you are referring to.

What are you driving may I ask?

The 19k depre for a 2015 RX is not something I am willing to pay for. Would rather bite the bullet and get the COE RX 

I am driving a 4th Gen GS450h. 

Yes there is a chasm in terms of price. So find a good COE RX.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
51 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I am driving a 4th Gen GS450h. 

Yes there is a chasm in terms of price. So find a good COE RX.

Road tax is rather confusing on this one. Do you pay just based on engine cc or also with motor power? How does it work out. 

11 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Road tax is rather confusing on this one. Do you pay just based on engine cc or also with motor power? How does it work out. 

Mine is based on engine cc - $3100 per year

Neutral Newbie

Got the NX300 recently. Found the Bridgestone HL tires were key contributors to the harsh ride and road noise, after changing to Michelin Primacy 4. Even though running 235R18/55 instead of 225R18/60, the ride quality and road noise have improved significantly. 

@Donald83 X1 the handling is nice but the interior is worst than bread and butter cars nothing luxurious about it .

my personal opinion Lexus have one of the nicest interior .

• Praise 1

Hi there, 

I need to change the front suspension on my 2011 GS300. 

Can anyone recommend a good place to do this, using original Lexus parts? BM quoted me $7K+ (shocks, insulators, lower control arm & ball joint, I believe. I can't remember exactly) 
Hoping to lessen the damage to my wallet. 🙂

I've sent Hanip a Facebook message... still waiting for a reply. Considering contacting Chin, after reading this forum... but recent reviews are a little mixed. So, any input would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Neutral Newbie
On 7/22/2021 at 5:22 PM, Vinil said:

@Greg yes there is Lexus club Singapore in FB you can submit your particulars and join 

Thank you.

21 hours ago, brandonyuen said:

Hi there, 

Can anyone recommend a good place to do this, using original Lexus parts? BM quoted me $7K+ (shocks, insulators, lower control arm & ball joint, I believe. I can't remember exactly) 

I've sent Hanip a Facebook message... still waiting for a reply. Considering contacting Chin, after reading this forum... but recent reviews are a little mixed. So, any input would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much!

In my opinion, this job is not Lexus-specific, and any competent workshop should be able to manage this. 

• Praise 2

@brandonyuen agree that it is a non-Lexus exclusive job. Refurbished my IS250 front suspension - shock, lower arm, anti roll linkages and bushing (more or less same components as GS) all for less than $4k. 

Not to use this chat and be biased, PM me if keen to go to same shop. 

• Praise 1

@MR2SBA @Toeknee_33

Thank you, this is very useful! I'll just have to find a reliable workshop then... hopefully something near my place.

Is it taboo to say which shop you had a good experience with? I guess that's why I couldn't find many recommendations while scanning through this thread. 😅
But I do understand... no one wants to be called biased... or worse, accused of self-promotion. 🙂

Anyway, if anyone has any workshop to recommend near West Coast, I'm all ears.

Thanks for your input!

• Praise 1

Supercharged
8 minutes ago, brandonyuen said:

@MR2SBA @Toeknee_33

Thank you, this is very useful! I'll just have to find a reliable workshop then... hopefully something near my place.

Is it taboo to say which shop you had a good experience with? I guess that's why I couldn't find many recommendations while scanning through this thread. 😅
But I do understand... no one wants to be called biased... or worse, accused of self-promotion. 🙂

Anyway, if anyone has any workshop to recommend near West Coast, I'm all ears.

Thanks for your input!

I go to a no-frills place called Auto tech services https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=15040 at Penjuru. My father knows the boss from decades ago we patronize him for our cars not under warranty. They do all types - have seen BMW entire suspension overhaul there, merc too, also lorries/vans and of course Jap/Korean make

For higher end and still recommended, you can try KGC - my friend (BMW) went before - was very happy. It was also recommended by someone in the Motorist app Lexus forum.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I am not a Lexus owner but I own the Toyota Land Cruiser 4 6.

I am exploring options to tune the car. I was told to explore options in Lexus tuning as Lexus GS460 uses the same engine.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, brandonyuen said:

Hi there, 

Thank you very much!

Reviews cannot be trusted.  Maybe you can ask friends for recommendations?

• Praise 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:28 PM, M77 said:

Hi, I am not a Lexus owner but I own the Toyota Land Cruiser 4 6.

I am exploring options to tune the car. I was told to explore options in Lexus tuning as Lexus GS460 uses the same engine.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

you can try and enquire with Advance Tune Performance.

https://www.facebook.com/Advancetunedperformance

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1