Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

Thank you, it's indeed the IS 300h. As what the others here have said, the car collection experience was great!

Congrats, dun stingy more picture leh :D

lol, will try to catch the car in more interesting lighting first!

Rayoflight, it's not the F Sport but just the Executive trim. My spindle grille not so fierce haha

nice nice nice!

the car i think is heavy which gives it a planted drive sensation.

you can try driving neo tiew to lim chu kang to test the different drive modes....just dun get caught by tp!

let us know your FC as you drive n topup.

btww i read they are going to put in the turbo engine into the next IS version, dunno when though

• Praise 1

Congrats! Mine is the same colour, but not F sport.

Went from Botanic gardens to Holland V this morning...FC from start was 25.4 kml for that eco mode journey. Usually get between 950-1050km range indicated on fill up. Now running second tank of 92 octane. Everything seems fine.

Hi bros

May I know if your fuel mileage shows as km/l or l/km?

I just got mine ES but it shows l/km. Any switch or just calculate manually?

Thanks.

Edited by shinkong
  • Praise 1

I test drove the is250 f sport last yr and it left me nothing but beautiful memories of the sweet drive. It was $260k at that time.. Too out of budget

I think you can switch the display settings to km/l from the default

Is it safe to use 92? I remember the manual says 95. Or rather its the question whether the AD will void the warranty.

the F sport grille is very distinctive but yes its a lot more $

Hmm, got to check out the settings options as km/l is indeed more intuitive. In any case, for my first 84km (probably 65/35 in favour of highway), I did about 5.6 lit per 100 km on Normal. I usually drive 70/30 (highway/city) so I think I should be able to hit the combined 20km/l target.

I tried the ASC but couldn't really hear it. Does it only kick in on certain modes (e.g. sport) or at certain revs?

I personally prefer km/l but in Europe they use l/100km. As for the ASC, it's much more pronounced in Sports mode. And the paddle shifter affect it too. More obvious during manual shifting. But I find it detracts from what is otherwise an amazingly refined car. And once past 50/60 kmh the manual shift is cool.

I think you can switch the display settings to km/l from the default

Is it safe to use 92? I remember the manual says 95. Or rather its the question whether the AD will void the warranty.

the F sport grille is very distinctive but yes its a lot more $

Thanks, I managed to switch it to km/l in the display setting. Now it shows 17km/l for my ES-h. ;) Edited by shinkong
  • Praise 1

I personally prefer km/l but in Europe they use l/100km. As for the ASC, it's much more pronounced in Sports mode. And the paddle shifter affect it too. More obvious during manual shifting. But I find it detracts from what is otherwise an amazingly refined car. And once past 50/60 kmh the manual shift is cool.

yes I think you need to rev past 3 or 4k rpm to hear the ASC n its not that loud. You can display the rev counter on the left instead of the default that Eco counter shown on the left.

i rarely use the paddle shifter or the sport shifter on the gear lever but I noticed it only show up to 6 though I think it doesnt make a difference since its a CVT gearbox.

But totally agree that its really smooth and quiet car even at high speeds

if you wish to try, I suggest driving to neo tiew/lim chu kang on sports mode, you will experience the twisty roads and see for yourself how it handles. can buy some fresh veg along the way there haha. a lot of eco farms.

i just like to add that anyone out there reading this and comtemplating a bmw, audi, or merc equivalent, you should really take a look the lexus models, definitely worth it.

• Praise 1

nice nice nice!

the car i think is heavy which gives it a planted drive sensation.

you can try driving neo tiew to lim chu kang to test the different drive modes....just dun get caught by tp!

let us know your FC as you drive n topup.

btww i read they are going to put in the turbo engine into the next IS version, dunno when though

First week of driving completed, with 450 km logged and 18.4 km/l. Looks like the 20 km/l on paper will be very tough for me to hit. 1k servicing in about 10 days' time 😄

• Praise 1

First week of driving completed, with 450 km logged and 18.4 km/l. Looks like the 20 km/l on paper will be very tough for me to hit. 1k servicing in about 10 days' time 😄

Im driving the previous gen is250 i can only hit 9km/L ,ur FC very swee, But i don't have money to change ride, can only come here share ur happiness [:p]

• Praise 2