Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

19 hours ago, Gummybear said:

Hi all,

Am considering ES250 as my next ride. Went for test drive and am very impressed by the drive, the big internal space and the rest of the car.

SE shared with me that Lexus moving towards full hybrid range and ES250 will be phased out. There will only be ES300 in the future.

Is that true? 

My current ride is a 7 year 318I.

Thanks for the sharing. 🙂

Probably next model change coming in 2024.

Note that this gen ES was first intro in 2018

↡ Advertisement

On 2/8/2023 at 11:22 PM, Gummybear said:

Hi all,

Am considering ES250 as my next ride. Went for test drive and am very impressed by the drive, the big internal space and the rest of the car.

SE shared with me that Lexus moving towards full hybrid range and ES250 will be phased out. There will only be ES300 in the future.

Is that true? 

My current ride is a 7 year 318I.

Thanks for the sharing. 🙂

Disclaimer: I don't drive one. 

But when I test drove ES250 and ES300H back to back, 250's 2.5NA engine felt super sluggish. Interior tech nothing to shout about too. But seats are omg so comfy and plushy.

Would go for E-class or A6 at this depre. IMHO 

On 1/27/2023 at 1:44 PM, t0y0ta said:

common toyota/Lex issue.

Usually software ECU reset helps, but problem will come back again with increasing frequency.

I changed my AC blend servo 2 years ago

200+ only including labour at my simple workshop.

It is easily accessible from the driver foot well.

My workshop got MIJ Denso branded part, which I think is cheaper than Lexus or Toyota branded, but I believe it is actually the same part.

Hi bro, can share your workshop? Me facing same issue, driver side blowing hot air, thank you.

On 2/9/2023 at 6:41 PM, t0y0ta said:

Probably next model change coming in 2024.

Note that this gen ES was first intro in 2018

Yeah but Lexus not like mercedes. Got no sneak peek from spy shots

On 1/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, Toeknee_33 said:

I feel that the 3GS has a better-built interior than the 4GS, but the 4GS fights back with a more modern dashboard and screen.

If you dont mind, share your reliable mechanic via PM. Might need him soon as I will be taking my car out of BM's care.

Hi bro... don't mind, can also send me your mechanic contact? Wanna change ATF soon.

On 6/16/2023 at 9:27 PM, Mazdaseller said:

Hi bro... don't mind, can also send me your mechanic contact? Wanna change ATF soon.

Sorry Bro, you asked the wrong guy, I wasn't the guy with the workshop contact. Am currently not driving Lexus anymore.

Hi All! 

Will be getting the Lexus ux300e soon. First time driving Lexus, currently drives a YC hybrid.
Is there anything to look out for Lexus car? Need to sign up for any subscription, membership etc?

TIA!

• Praise 1

On 12/31/2023 at 4:16 AM, 2wiremodem said:

Hi All! 

Will be getting the Lexus ux300e soon. First time driving Lexus, currently drives a YC hybrid.
Is there anything to look out for Lexus car? Need to sign up for any subscription, membership etc?

TIA!

Pros:

Car is reliable (though their EV unproven)

Lexus service is good attitude

UX300e with the new 71kwh battery should have very decent range

Cons:

Servicing is super expensive, but yours EV maybe not much servicing need to do

Servicing at AD waste 1 full day regardless of how early you send your car in or how trivial the work

Nothing more... you get some Lexus club membership automatically, they will send out emails here and there for activities etc... I no longer receive it so maybe they delete away those who no longer under warranty.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:24 PM, t0y0ta said:

Pros:

Car is reliable (though their EV unproven)

Lexus service is good attitude

UX300e with the new 71kwh battery should have very decent range

Cons:

Servicing is super expensive, but yours EV maybe not much servicing need to do

Servicing at AD waste 1 full day regardless of how early you send your car in or how trivial the work

Nothing more... you get some Lexus club membership automatically, they will send out emails here and there for activities etc... I no longer receive it so maybe they delete away those who no longer under warranty.

I actually got the older model and not the facelifted one. So range is looking at max 300KM lol

Thanks for the info!

Neutral Newbie

Been a Lexus ES250 owner since 2016 and even thought of trading in to upgrade to a new Lexus.

However, after my latest horrifying experience with Lexus, I have reconsidered my plan.

On 02 Jan 2024, when my Lexus ES250 had difficulty starting, I requested the assistance of Lexus emergency road service which promptly arrived within 30mins. However this was where the issue arose. The mechanic indicated that the battery was below the required charge level and needed to be replaced which I agreed. I mentioned to the mechanic that the car needed to be first "connected to power" before the existing battery can be disconnected and replaced but he insisted that was NOT necessary and even risky. I even mentioned that this was the second time my car battery had been changed a few years ago and the previous mechanic did what I mentionerd.  I had thought that without any power source, all memory setting would be erased and the new battery could cause a power surge to the car's system too.  But he insisted his way and hence proceeded to change the existing battery to the newly full-charged battery.

Upon completion, all my car's configuration was "reset from the normal" and the interface display unit was totally blanked. The mechanic was surprised and didn't know what to do. Only to tell me to go Lexus Service Centre the next day to resolve. I came to Lexus Service Centre on 03 Jan 2024 @ 0800hrs to address this matter. My car had to be left for at the servicing centre for diagnosis.   Later that evening, I was told by the service representative that a component of the interface display unit has failed and needed to be ordered and replaced. This component is the "radio receiver unit"  and would cost $30000.   I was speechless and shocked !  

Lexus Service Centre wanted me to pay $30 000+ for a problem caused by their mechanic and I couldn't accept this.  I blasted the service representative and he referred me to their workshop manager, who despite my explanations, wanted to appease me by suggesting a discount of 50% of the repair bill.  Obviously I refused. 

Now that the interface display unit failed, all features are lost. No GPS,Bluetooth,Reverse camera, Radio, Media, climatic control..etc.   It is akin to driving with a "crippled" premium car.

How can a perfectly operating system be "destroyed" after a simple battery change ? 

Why did the mechanic allow my car systems to suffer a totally blackout when he removed the old battery without due process of providing power for car ? Wouldn't the car systems' memory be wiped out ? And after the new battery connected, isn't it possible a power surge can cause problem for other components/systems ?

After checking with numerous agencies, I found out that the standard procedure of changing battery was not adhered to.

Would it be fair for Lexus Service Centre be fully exonerated for such a "demeanour" and me the owner to suffer this injustice ?

I have even written to their higher authority and I guess they are playing the delay tactics or simply ignoring my predicament.  

This is one SCAM I will never forget LEXUS played on me.  SIGH !

• Shocked 5
  • Sad 2

3rd Gear

After hearing this, now i also scared to change batt sia.

How many Lexus drivers are aware of this batt SOP?

What if go outside workshop change batt and simi display unit kaput?

Is this a design flaw in the first place? Simi connect to power before replacement.

I always change batt every 2 years even before it went dead on me….does it actually help?

Or batt dead liao then must follow this SOP?

Supercharged
On 1/9/2024 at 3:45 PM, Dlee2263 said:

Been a Lexus ES250 owner since 2016 and even thought of trading in to upgrade to a new Lexus.

However, after my latest horrifying experience with Lexus, I have reconsidered my plan.

On 02 Jan 2024, when my Lexus ES250 had difficulty starting, I requested the assistance of Lexus emergency road service which promptly arrived within 30mins. However this was where the issue arose. The mechanic indicated that the battery was below the required charge level and needed to be replaced which I agreed. I mentioned to the mechanic that the car needed to be first "connected to power" before the existing battery can be disconnected and replaced but he insisted that was NOT necessary and even risky. I even mentioned that this was the second time my car battery had been changed a few years ago and the previous mechanic did what I mentionerd.  I had thought that without any power source, all memory setting would be erased and the new battery could cause a power surge to the car's system too.  But he insisted his way and hence proceeded to change the existing battery to the newly full-charged battery.

Upon completion, all my car's configuration was "reset from the normal" and the interface display unit was totally blanked. The mechanic was surprised and didn't know what to do. Only to tell me to go Lexus Service Centre the next day to resolve. I came to Lexus Service Centre on 03 Jan 2024 @ 0800hrs to address this matter. My car had to be left for at the servicing centre for diagnosis.   Later that evening, I was told by the service representative that a component of the interface display unit has failed and needed to be ordered and replaced. This component is the "radio receiver unit"  and would cost $30000.   I was speechless and shocked !  

Lexus Service Centre wanted me to pay $30 000+ for a problem caused by their mechanic and I couldn't accept this.  I blasted the service representative and he referred me to their workshop manager, who despite my explanations, wanted to appease me by suggesting a discount of 50% of the repair bill.  Obviously I refused. 

Now that the interface display unit failed, all features are lost. No GPS,Bluetooth,Reverse camera, Radio, Media, climatic control..etc.   It is akin to driving with a "crippled" premium car.

How can a perfectly operating system be "destroyed" after a simple battery change ? 

Why did the mechanic allow my car systems to suffer a totally blackout when he removed the old battery without due process of providing power for car ? Wouldn't the car systems' memory be wiped out ? And after the new battery connected, isn't it possible a power surge can cause problem for other components/systems ?

After checking with numerous agencies, I found out that the standard procedure of changing battery was not adhered to.

Would it be fair for Lexus Service Centre be fully exonerated for such a "demeanour" and me the owner to suffer this injustice ?

I have even written to their higher authority and I guess they are playing the delay tactics or simply ignoring my predicament.  

This is one SCAM I will never forget LEXUS played on me.  SIGH !

Is it maybe something similar to this one?

https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus_2016_ES-350/RECEIVER-ASSEMBLY---RADIO/62962841/8680433870.html

RECEIVER ASSEMBLY, RADIO

Part Number: 8680433870
Supersession(s): 86804-33870

MSRP

$ 14,956.33

• Praise 1

Twincharged

likely he shorted something. it should never damage the whole unit like this.

↡ Advertisement