Operation Entebbe - Really bold rescue mission by Israel

Vega

during ww2, one Malay regiment (may be just a Company, about 300 soldiers) fought the jap fearlessly on a hill even though they were outnumbered somewhere near southern part of our island, the fight is now made into a video (soundsaround) for visitors/tourists.... my wife watched it recently and was impressed/touched... anyone saw it before?

I believe we are proud of this company's fighting spirit. Personally I am still impressed that can bows and arrows + noctural vision defeat the invading Japanese Army armed with firearms within 3 weeks.

↡ Advertisement

My uncle serve NS in the 70s as a commission officer trained by the israelis as well. During his time, you need to get the cpl rank before selected for OCS. There is no such thing as after bmt, directly send to OCS. The lta rank on his shoulder was in diamond shape instead of bars if i don't remember wrongly.

My time also got see stars one. But got some really see stars. [laugh]

I saw this documentary before. Some of the israelis refuse to serve their country as they find it is very inhumane how their army treat the palestinian

It takes all kinds of people to make a world.

Supercharged

their ippt standard is 15 chinup & 6min for 2.0km run to pass

[shocked][shocked]

if we have this IPPT standards in our SAF, i cannot imagine entire 100% returning back for RT sessions........

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

6 min for 5 rounds?? PASS only?? Greatly exaggerated lah... 6min, 2.0km is their GOLD standard, maybe.

If it's just a pass, I believe many people cannot pass, even in israel.

even gold standard also cannot pass. my platoon best runner can clock 2.4km in about 8.30 min which is consider very fast already. if you less that 400m, i wonder how can anyone pass 2km in 6min.

during ww2, one Malay regiment (may be just a Company, about 300 soldiers) fought the jap fearlessly on a hill even though they were outnumbered somewhere near southern part of our island, the fight is now made into a video (soundsaround) for visitors/tourists.... my wife watched it recently and was impressed/touched... anyone saw it before?

Lt Adnan and the battle of Bukit Chandu

http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/heritage/pas..._sahid1999.html

• Praise 1

I read the article mentioned the Isreali were being attacked. So who were the innocents?

A stranger enter ur house, would u attack??? A stranger open ur car door n tries to enter ur car while u are in the car, would u attack???

A stranger enter ur house, would u attack??? A stranger open ur car door n tries to enter ur car while u are in the car, would u attack???

Looks like possible distorted reports to get us confused.

[shocked][shocked]

if we have this IPPT standards in our SAF, i cannot imagine entire 100% returning back for RT sessions........

No mention if live round were the motivation for such Isreali performance. Example: during WW2, my own dad was subject to his survival cycling performance with 2 Japanese soldiers firing live rounds at him. He did dodged them all to tell stories.

Their soldiers are war ready like Taiwan and South Korea... Ours are just operationally ready (sometimes only)...

Ready to Kheng [laugh]

Jokes aside,I think we are juz taking things for granted. [knife]

• Praise 1

Read many years back. During WW2 the Japanese Army with firearms was forced to withdraw after about 3 weeks, from Papua New Guinea by natives armed with bows and arrows, complete with natural noctural vision. The invaders needed flares to fight at night. But not the natives. Perhaps the only place the Japanese Army was defeated before the Atomic bomb was dropped onto Japan.

What stupid sh1t is this crap

• Praise 1

Your israeli guy must be talking about situation 10-20 years ago. This is not comparing "apples-to-apples" lah... If you look at israel situation nowadays, their youths are also having the same problems as our youth. If you look at their reservist army now, perhaps you will also spot tatoos, ear-rings, make up, longer hair, etc.

It's the same situation the world over, especially in urban settings. Youth are more well-versed in technology, but losing touch with other skills that come naturally in the past before so much technology make life more convenient. They are getting more pampered and soft. In israel and many developed countries all over the world - it's the same problem.

If you research further, there are even people in israel now who are conscientious objectors, and refuse to serve in their occupied territories, feeling that it is immoral and unjust.

You don't know Jews.

I have quite a few Jewish friends, either Australians, Americans or English by passport....but all Jewish.

Jews will argue with each other as if they were the fiercest of rivals, but when you attack a Jew, they will band together as if each were brothers and sisters.

All these Jewish friends of mine, some who had never set foot in Israel in their lives before they were 18 (and some who only went to synagogue once a year and during weddings!) all went back to Israel when they turned 18 to serve their version of NS voluntarily.

Initially 3 months, then after, again voluntarily, you spend your summer holidays back in Israel to train and keep yourself sharp and prepared (like reservist for us, but for them, totally voluntarily!)

The downside of this is, I think the Jews are probably the most paranoid people on earth, they rarely take any non-Jew into their inner circles, they will have meals with you outside their houses, but never invite you in.

Turbocharged

You don't know Jews.

I have quite a few Jewish friends, either Australians, Americans or English by passport....but all Jewish.

Jews will argue with each other as if they were the fiercest of rivals, but when you attack a Jew, they will band together as if each were brothers and sisters.

All these Jewish friends of mine, some who had never set foot in Israel in their lives before they were 18 (and some who only went to synagogue once a year and during weddings!) all went back to Israel when they turned 18 to serve their version of NS voluntarily.

Initially 3 months, then after, again voluntarily, you spend your summer holidays back in Israel to train and keep yourself sharp and prepared (like reservist for us, but for them, totally voluntarily!)

The downside of this is, I think the Jews are probably the most paranoid people on earth, they rarely take any non-Jew into their inner circles, they will have meals with you outside their houses, but never invite you in.

They better be, esp in certain countries. [lipsrsealed]

You don't know Jews.

considering how their race was nearly annihilated not too long ago, i can totally understand such paranoia.

• Praise 1

in the recent taj hotel india terrorist crisis, some jews also kenna captured, and somehow isreal got special permission from indian govt to launch their own rescue. but like not very successful also leh.

dunno how isreal also manage to get to launch their own rescue. that part subsequently also hush hush

Edited by Chongster

Neutral Newbie

their ippt standard is 15 chinup & 6min for 2.0km run to pass

6min for 2km?

That means u must complete 5 rounds and each round u have only less than 1min 12secs.

I think if i sprint for the first round the fastest i get also 1min 30secs+-

i think the ippt standard is for dogs izzit or the guys their VTEC always kick in?

↡ Advertisement