It`s about time for the fastest guy with the most style inF1

Ithunk

Kimi Raikkonen set for Formula 1 return after signing a two-year deal with Lotus Renault GP

Lotus Renault GP have confirmed that former world champion Kimi Raikkonen will return to the Formula One grid next season after signing a two-year deal with the team.

Back in action: Kimi Raikkonen won the F1 world title with Ferrari in 2007 Photo: AP

By Emily Benammar

8:15AM GMT 29 Nov 2011

The Finnish driver, who walked away from Formula One at the end of the 2009 season in order to compete in the World Rally Championship for two years, lifted the F1 world title in 2007 while driving with Ferrari.

Lotus Renault GP looked set to announce another driver after Robert Kubica last week said he was unlikely to return next season as he continues with his recovery from a near fatal rallying accident in February.

Thrilled to be back on the scene, Raikkonen said: "I'm delighted to be coming back to Formula 1 after a two-year break, and I'm grateful to Lotus Renault GP for offering me this opportunity

"My time in the World Rally Championship has been a useful stage in my career as a driver, but I can't deny the fact that my hunger for F1 has recently become overwhelming.

"It was an easy choice to return with Lotus Renault GP as I have been impressed by the scope of the team's ambition. Now I'm looking forward to playing an important role in pushing the team to the very front of the grid."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorspor...Renault-GP.html

raikkonen_2069533c.jpg

Edited by Ithunk
↡ Advertisement