CF Bonnet Question

Versatile

Hi Bros,

What's the diff between bonnet that comes with undertray and some without undertray?

With undertray, does that mean that airflow will be block from the air vent but water wont slip thru into enginebay?

Without undertray, does that mean that airflow won't be block from air vent but risk of water slipping thru into the enginebay is higher?

How to i ensured and prevent water from slipping thru into the engine bay and also at the same time allowing air from flowing from the airvent?

I understand that some CF bonnet comes with water tray too..

Can someone enlighten me?

I'm actually looking at this CF bonnet.

http://www.nengun.com/monster/air-outlet-carbon-hood

↡ Advertisement

hi bro just sharing...

i gave up on CF bonnets after i saw an acident in which the CF bonnet changed to crumble zone of the car so much the driver almost died...

not trying to be a wet blanket, i love CF bonnets, just thought maybe its better safer to get a well made one...

hi bro just sharing...

i gave up on CF bonnets after i saw an acident in which the CF bonnet changed to crumble zone of the car so much the driver almost died...

not trying to be a wet blanket, i love CF bonnets, just thought maybe its better safer to get a well made one...

Bro,

I'm not getting replica CF bonnet.. i'm getting a original CF bonnet made for SSS..

Bro,

I'm not getting replica CF bonnet.. i'm getting a original CF bonnet made for SSS..

I think it's not a matter of whether it's replica or not.. it's about the CF material in general. Different properties compared to sheet metal bonnets, so definitely the crash properties will be different from what the manufacturer originally designed it to be.

Bro,

^_^ to make things clear, i would still install a CF bonnet if i came across one i like... but just sharing more info..

In an accident, a metal hood will bend and remain intact.Where as a cf hood is likely to come apart at the hood latch and hinges and leave the car,and possibly through the windshield. I have heard of decapitation stories. Of course it would screw the crumple zones. It's logical isn't it? The overall structure & rigidity of the car is based and calculated on the material used among other things. The hundreds of crash tests done show that they make the cars in such a way that every part will deform in a specific way. Change the material and you have a completely new reaction upon impact.

anyways drive safe... [wave]

eh in short..CF is a lighter but "softer" material compare to steel right?

aldou i do not know whether in the market they have a CF that is stronger be it replica or original..

coz CF always give me a plastic feeling ..

haha

eh in short..CF is a lighter but "softer" material compare to steel right?

aldou i do not know whether in the market they have a CF that is stronger be it replica or original..

coz CF always give me a plastic feeling ..

haha

CF is like 5times stronger than steel... and lighter... but while CF is really stiff, it is also really prone to cracking and splintering when under pressure.

I guess a well/quality make Carbon fiber product should be tough.. Problem is that in many of the CF bonnets in the market dun meet the standard. Yes, u can get a aftermarket CF bonnet for under 1k. But in order to meet the $1k price tag, how many layer of carbon roll can the maker afford to use? Current many CF bonnets in the market barely meet the LTA standard.

just my 2cents..

I guess a well/quality make Carbon fiber product should be tough.. Problem is that in many of the CF bonnets in the market dun meet the standard. Yes, u can get a aftermarket CF bonnet for under 1k. But in order to meet the $1k price tag, how many layer of carbon roll can the maker afford to use? Current many CF bonnets in the market barely meet the LTA standard.

just my 2cents..

CF bonnet need LTA approval meh?

Some CF bonnet in the market dun meet the LTA standard and will not pass inspection..

So far, many club members went inspection with CF bonnet with a pass.

They don't check on bonnet btw.

↡ Advertisement