Using SS1.5/1.3 stock strut on SSS

Vt136

Hi Guys,

I know this sounds stupid, but can i replace my SSS strut with those from the SS1.5/1.3. I cruise the NS very often and would like to have a less bumby ride (especially at the rear).

A stockist told me that i have to change the coil spring (front) as well, and the spring seat, bushing .etc etc. Sounds like a lot of mod to me..

thanks

VT

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I know this sounds stupid, but can i replace my SSS strut with those from the SS1.5/1.3. I cruise the NS very often and would like to have a less bumby ride (especially at the rear).

A stockist told me that i have to change the coil spring (front) as well, and the spring seat, bushing .etc etc. Sounds like a lot of mod to me..

thanks

VT

[speechless]

Hi Guys,

thanks

VT

[speechless] [speechless]

Yes it will take a hell lot to completely change the ride characteristic of SSS. Why would you wanna do that sia? You will be spending money to 'downgrade', especially when you don't know what you are doing...

Turbocharged

Why not try downsizing the rims to 15" first?

At least the fatter tyres may cushion the ride.

Downgrading the suspension may do more harm than good.

The rear is torsion bar suspension so it's always bumpier.

Edited by Pocus

why are you doing the reverse?

people from 1.5/1.3 wans to change to monroe shocks n sss spring for handling..but you want to do the reverse..

but 1.5/1.3 springs are softer..

if u wan to change, it is indeed better to change both springs and shocks..

i changed my stock setup to monroe setup..comfort level decrease but handling is better..

play with your tyre pressure can add abit comfort too..

Its more of why the hell did you buy that car in the first place than. Should have gotten a more comfy ride rather than this. I think its more visible to sell of the car and change a more comfy one. No point wasting that kinda money to downgrade this and that.

downsize to 14" inch and with higher profile comfort tyres.

Will improve the comfort level alot.

but do not drive too aggressively after that change.

I had a set of almost new 1.5 suspension

We could do an exchange if u wanna to give it a try

After trying for a mtn if u prefer the 1.5 u can keep it

If dont we can exchange back

Yes its soft and hell lot more soft compared to 1.6

U might lost the good handling charactistic takenote

No use for me also i'm running with coil now

But i wont consider to sell keeping an extra set of suspension for backup

Drop me a PM if u keen

Edited by Dfx16

Thanks for the support & also the advice. Just reached Sg(after another round of NS cruising) hence the late response.

Wife is preggy so I am not sure whether the bumpy ride will do more harm than good. Today's journey i'm just regulating my right foot to maintain around 100~110kph to smooth-en the ride.

Hey Dfx16 thanks for the kind offer. I will definitely contact you if i finally decide to go for a swap.

ps: so i guess changing to kyb gas shocks wouldn't help either.......

↡ Advertisement