High pay doesn't guaranteed anything?

The Straits Times

www.straitstimes.com

Published on Dec 2, 2011

Singapore no longer least corrupt, but dip 'insignificant'

Drop of 0.1 point in score likely due to survey changes, says watchdog

http://www.straitstimes.com/print/Breaking...ory_740406.html

By Cai Haoxiang

Singapore lost its No. 1 spot on Thursday to become the fifth least-corrupt nation in the world, in the latest annual ranking by non-governmental corruption watchdog Transparency International (TI).

But it remains the least corrupt in Asia, ahead of Australia, Hong Kong and Japan.

TI officials and experts were quick to point out that the change in its ranking was not statistically significant, and that Singapore's reputation for clean, honest and efficient government remains intact.

Mr Liao Ran, who oversees TI's rankings for East Asia, said the emphasis should be on the score, rather than the ranking.

Copyright

↡ Advertisement

Already a thread running on this...

I just wanna point out

NZ Prime minister paid anually about what LHL gets monthly

NZ topped the rankings

I just wanna point out

NZ topped the rankings

But I like the Straits Time title's claim that it's "Insignificant".

Who is Straits Times to decide if it's significant or not.

1 (1) New Zealand: 9.5

2 (1) Denmark: 9.4

2 (4) Finland: 9.4

4 (4) Sweden: 9.3

5 (1) Singapore: 9.2

I wonder what the 4 countries above us pay for the entire cabinet???

Eh you guys don't be confused between "corrupted nation" and "corrupted government". I'm sure SG come top in least corrupted gahmen, since it's already well fed....

it just meant that more sinkies are taking bribes..and bribery is on the rise in sinkieland..all those news reports already revealed so many cases..no wonder dropped to 5th position

High pay doesn't guaranteed anything?

The Straits Times

www.straitstimes.com

Published on Dec 2, 2011

Singapore no longer least corrupt, but dip 'insignificant'

Drop of 0.1 point in score likely due to survey changes, says watchdog

http://www.straitstimes.com/print/Breaking...ory_740406.html

By Cai Haoxiang

Singapore lost its No. 1 spot on Thursday to become the fifth least-corrupt nation in the world, in the latest annual ranking by non-governmental corruption watchdog Transparency International (TI).

But it remains the least corrupt in Asia, ahead of Australia, Hong Kong and Japan.

TI officials and experts were quick to point out that the change in its ranking was not statistically significant, and that Singapore's reputation for clean, honest and efficient government remains intact.

Mr Liao Ran, who oversees TI's rankings for East Asia, said the emphasis should be on the score, rather than the ranking.

Copyright

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

I believe all laymen share the same opinion on this. Only Elites' excuse to be corrupted?

I guess its logical right? If you are the watchdog, you have a list of countries and you see that one of this countries officials are paid a certain amount large amount in salary to claim prevention of corruption and others don't, how will u rank it?

means pay no enough!

u wan less corruption? pay more lah.

integrity dun grow on trees ok...

I believe the Singe Member Candidate MP pay be valure-for-money unless proven otherwise. However, though the GRC MPs' combined efforts likely to be better, it also means they are less value-for-money individually. I mean the GRCs MPs should be paid as a GRC, the sum equivalent to twice the SMC MP's pay. Let the GRC' MPs decide among themselves how they would agree on their proportion of the payment.

I call this productivity [laugh]

Turbocharged

I just wanna point out

NZ topped the rankings

becos NZ hires sheep in the cabinet, they only require grass, no need for $$$$ [laugh] [laugh]

By the report mentioning 'nation' it refers to everything from the Government to the Police Officers to the Singapore Land Authority employees.

I'm sure the rankings dipped due to certain cases in the organizations mentioned.

↡ Advertisement