How thorough you wash your rims/wheels?

KARTer

Some rims have deep/complex patterns, some have deep 'outer ring' (which holds the tyre) that extends almost 1.5 finger-length inside of the spokes. Do you guys wash every single part/spot of the rims? Do you use tools like milk bottle brush to clean these hard-to-reach spots or just use finger/cloth/sponge to 'dig' as far as possible and leave the un-reacheable spots untouched?

When you choose your rims, do you also consider ease of maintainance/washing? [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Some rims have deep/complex patterns, some have deep 'outer ring' (which holds the tyre) that extends almost 1.5 finger-length inside of the spokes. Do you guys wash every single part/spot of the rims? Do you use tools like milk bottle brush to clean these hard-to-reach spots or just use finger/cloth/sponge to 'dig' as far as possible and leave the un-reacheable spots untouched?

When you choose your rims, do you also consider ease of maintainance/washing? [:)]

All the designs I like are multi-spokes design which is always a pain to clean......

some more my latest rims are painted to a light color so the brake dust are damm obvious......

So this is how I cope:

1) I pay an Bangla to clean my rims (specifically instructed to only clean my rims and not touch the rest of the car!) Mon-Fri daily

2) On my weekly car wash, I will use a long brush (bought from Mustafa specifically for rims)

3) I apply Motul Wheels Cleaner that is suitable for painted rims

4) Clean off the cleaning agent using a cloth and water

Very tedious but I love my rims and I will do everything to keep it nice and clean..... [:p]

I would remove two wheels at a time for washing, dried them before putting them back.

I would remove two wheels at a time for washing, dried them before putting them back.

wow.. do u oso pull down ur pants to fart and wear it back after ur done?

Turbocharged

when stock, yes.. sibeh sian.. collected brake dust after about a week.

later changed rim.. dark metallic grey... never.. not even once [laugh]

also, if ur kidding us, this is ticklish.

no mention of what rims u used

no mention of what jack u used.

no mentioned of what wheel nuts u used

no mention of what car were the rims and nuts used on

no mention of taking out the left rim or the right rim 1st

when the road is wet, the strays dirty our rims. I am looking for clip-on flat disc to cover the entire wheel + spokes when it rains (used to see such 'disc' on some taxis, it came with advert printed on the face)...

All the designs I like are multi-spokes design which is always a pain to clean......

some more my latest rims are painted to a light color so the brake dust are damm obvious......

So this is how I cope:

1) I pay an Bangla to clean my rims (specifically instructed to only clean my rims and not touch the rest of the car!) Mon-Fri daily

2) On my weekly car wash, I will use a long brush (bought from Mustafa specifically for rims)

3) I apply Motul Wheels Cleaner that is suitable for painted rims

4) Clean off the cleaning agent using a cloth and water

Very tedious but I love my rims and I will do everything to keep it nice and clean..... [:p]

wah!!! i could only do this when I change new tyres or rotate them at the workshop [:)]

also, if ur kidding us, this is ticklish.

no mention of what rims u used

no mention of what jack u used.

no mentioned of what wheel nuts u used

no mention of what car were the rims and nuts used on

no mention of taking out the left rim or the right rim 1st

sound like a surgeon going thru his routine :D

Twincharged

Normally I use sonax wheel cleaner to spray on the rims. The liquid will turn purple cuz it reacts with the brake dust. Then use a small brush to agitate all the dirtier areas then rinse off. Every few months will remove all four wheels to wash the inner part of the rims also.

Normally I use sonax wheel cleaner to spray on the rims. The liquid will turn purple cuz it reacts with the brake dust. Then use a small brush to agitate all the dirtier areas then rinse off. Every few months will remove all four wheels to wash the inner part of the rims also.

Whoah..... u remove all four rims? I assume u got to remove rim by rim but I always fear that I don't tighten the lug nuts tight enough coz I don't have the mechanical tool and could only use brute strength.......

While u r at it..... do u do your own tyre rotation as well? [:p]

even if i wash my car, i never wash wheels and rims....

It's like saying when u bathe.... u dun wash your feet..... just let the shower water tickle down naturally...... [:p]

It's like saying when u bathe.... u dun wash your feet..... just let the shower water tickle down naturally...... [:p]

its like washing the sole of a shoe... waste time... [laugh]

Twincharged

Whoah..... u remove all four rims? I assume u got to remove rim by rim but I always fear that I don't tighten the lug nuts tight enough coz I don't have the mechanical tool and could only use brute strength.......

While u r at it..... do u do your own tyre rotation as well? [:p]

Yup. Remove one by one to wash and I rotate at the same time. Doesn't take very long. In fact for those rims with lots of details like many spokes its even faster than washing the rims while its on the car.

Yup. Remove one by one to wash and I rotate at the same time. Doesn't take very long. In fact for those rims with lots of details like many spokes its even faster than washing the rims while its on the car.

U tighten the lug nuts by hand?? Wow!!