Crack found on tyre

Ftco

Neutral Newbie

tis crack is serious. imagine you r driving on NSH at 120-140kmh, sm even can 180kmh. the pressure is hi due to long hours drive.

highly advice to change to b safe for yourself n other road users.

I've driven on worse before and survived. You can't always get what you want when you are renting cars in places like Yangon, Dhaka, etc.

But if it were my car, then I'll just replace with a similar worn used tyre with same grip levels so that I can wear the remaining three tyres out.

go to tyre shop ask for professional opinon lor. if must replace, then get the tyre shop chaps to retain the best 2 out of the 4 and fit them to the back wheels. then buy new tyres and fit to the front lor.

i also just changed my tyres. very shiok feeling! got the rubba rubba feeling and loud tyre noise! Yeah! i like it noisy! As noisy as possible!!! [pirate]

Some of the high end tyres comes steel inserts for the sidewalls.

I understood from tyreshop that the side wall area have no steel wire enforcement so it is only the rubber....with cracks..I suggest you change ASAP...drive real slow to the tyre shop...your life is worth more than the couple of hundred dollar price tag....

New tyres are normally pretty quiet. My AD08 is pretty ok when new, but once the mileage goes over 10k, it's really noisy, especially nowadays the roads conditions are VERY VERY bad as I don't know how these contractors resurface the roads after digging them. Really really horrible and I really feel like writing in to LTA.

This reminds me of someone saying that > S$200 per tyre are quieter.

go to tyre shop ask for professional opinon lor. if must replace, then get the tyre shop chaps to retain the best 2 out of the 4 and fit them to the back wheels. then buy new tyres and fit to the front lor.

i also just changed my tyres. very shiok feeling! got the rubba rubba feeling and loud tyre noise! Yeah! i like it noisy! As noisy as possible!!! [pirate]

I think you should drive to WS to let them access. From the picture alone, its quite impossible to tell the damage. Is it deep or just a superficial one? No idea.

I have the tyre checked at two different tyre shops. Both felt that the crack is superficial so still useable. Originally I had planned to change tyres in the new year so I guess I can just hold on for a while. This is provided I don't go far up north. If I do, will have it replaced first.

I have the tyre checked at two different tyre shops. Both felt that the crack is superficial so still useable. Originally I had planned to change tyres in the new year so I guess I can just hold on for a while. This is provided I don't go far up north. If I do, will have it replaced first.

I am just thinking perhaps you can get something to fill up the crack to prevent anything from getting inside (so it will not become worse).

Are they your regular trusted tyre workshop? Sometimes internal injuries to the tyre can't be seen with naked eyes, and hence you probably need to trust your gut feeling to know whether it is ok or not.

How many times have we seen situations where doctors brushed aside patients suspicions of problems where it turned up to be true? The same applies here.

Just found a crack on the sidewall of right rear tyre when washing. It extends about 1 inch from the sidewall to the thread area. Is it safe to use this tyre for another few months?

Tyres just done about 32k km and was fitted in Jun 2010.

Your problem is not when you fitted your tires and how many km you had travel.

The problem is when your tires are manufacture.

Change them as soon as possible if you can afford it.

↡ Advertisement