Owners of CNG cars can switch to petrol

Takumi21

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has issued notices to all car dealers that vehicles running on compressed natural gas (CNG) can switch to a petrol-only option starting from this month.

The Straits Times had reported in October that the authority was considering such a move.

Among the problems cited by drivers of CNG vehicles was the scarcity of pump stations.

There are roughly 2,700 owners of such cars in Singapore.

A workshop worker handling CNG tanks. CNG car drivers face long queues at fuelling stations because of their scarcity. -- ST FILE PHOTO

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_741353.html

should i??? [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Is lta is gonna to do uninstall or do we have to go back to our own workshop who install it. And what will be the charges like if we go back and what we gonna to do with the tank?

Assuming i am going to pay back the rebate of apprx 5k to uninstall it and unlikely i will change car anytimes sooner as coe price is crazy, just for the sake of some extra boot space, i think it is not worth. I rather spend some money on a roof rack and a container..i believe it is less than 5k..

In the early stage, install cng is to save cost, but look like we are spending more end of the day. [laugh]

i think next yr not going to save any! because govt stamp a 20cents per kgs tax..

need to go back to e workshop to remove, the tank will be either use for your next diving trip or scrap..

i just check.. i need to top up another $3k..

removing labour price is $400 to $600 i think..

den other paper work and inspection charges.. another $150..

Why not? Good deal!

Step 1: Deplete cng gas

Step 2: Take out cng gas tank and put at home

Step 3: Pump Petrol

The rest no need to say already! [sly][laugh]:D[laugh][grin]

i think next yr not going to save any! because govt stamp a 20cents per kgs tax..

need to go back to e workshop to remove, the tank will be either use for your next diving trip or scrap..

removing labour price is $400 to $600 i think..

The 20c tax is delayed by another year, http://www.lta.gov.sg/motoring_matters/mot..._vo_tax_pte.htm

Neutral Newbie

removing labour price is $400 to $60n0 i think..

Though i have the tank, i am no longer using cng...full time on petrol. So we got to calculate whether it is worth to spend that addition money to remove the tank and cng kits.

Ask yourself why you need to remove the tank?

I don't know if its true but I think LTA intends to scrap CNG totally. I heard from one taxi driver that his company tried to apply for CNG station but was refused.

Thus I think there are no plans to increase adoption of CNG at all.

Supercharged

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has issued notices to all car dealers that vehicles running on compressed natural gas (CNG) can switch to a petrol-only option starting from this month.

Actually what is the issue here? Already now CNG cars can also run on petrol mah...

Then as long as LTA doesn't force you to remove the tank, you can still anytime switch from CNG to petrol and vice versa.