Backstabbing at workplace: R you a victim?

Dinosaka

No leh, sg context, afterlife got hdb, private appt or landed to choose from :D

Hk and china one lagi big, still got fengshui formation.

• Praise 1

Too bad for myself then.

haha

Nope. He is always busy. Want to go to his table to ask him things, but he is always not around.

I agree with Porker totally. 

[laugh]

Sorry boss!! 

Thanks man, I will take note of that. I understand I have to be very careful now. Can't let people "catch" my mistakes.

If all else fail just tell you big boss

you superior bad mouth him.

:D

• Praise 5

On 11/6/2015 at 8:57 AM, Adrianli said:

My Director comes into the office 8.30am.

My Manager comes into the office 8am.

So I am always earlier than them. When both of them cycle, they will be here at 8am. My director and manager are ironman veteren. [sweatdrop] Always training for the next race. Lucky I got medical excuse. The young management trainee kena pulled in to join them. [laugh] They start jogging/cycling at 5am. [dizzy]

Unfortunately if you are not part of the team you will get sidelined soon. I know of organisations where top people play badminton and many others follow. There are also blowing, etc kakis.

It is the bosses that like office politics otherwise how can it survive right?

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Backstabbing at workplace: R you a victim?

No I am the perpetrator. 

:grin:

Not penetrator?

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Unfortunately if you are not part of the team you will get sidelined soon. I know of organisations where top people play badminton and many others follow. There are also blowing, etc kakis.

Haha. Wake up and run at 5am just to be part of the team? Bonus better be 50 mths.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Haha. Wake up and run at 5am just to be part of the team? Bonus better be 50 mths.

Do you know the daily whisper adds up? Every tiny mistakes are being repeated to be a major issue. Every well done assignment is being suppressed to look ordinary or credit stolen. That 8s how bosses receive their 'insider info' haha

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I was never part of their morning workout team. But it soon fizzled out. The director still does it, waking up at 5am and does his exercise. Only him doing it alone and he doesnt mind. 

18 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I was never part of their morning workout team. But it soon fizzled out. The director still does it, waking up at 5am and does his exercise. Only him doing it alone and he doesnt mind. 

It's probably the por lampa ones that joined in the first place weren't really into the hobby and can't keep up.

My place also have a few like that. If it's not passion, how can one tahan that kind of routine regularly

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Last time my boss will also wake up some staff early in the morning... Even 4 am.... But not to do exercise ... But go for breakfast!! 

But that was in the early stage when there were only 5 staff in the coy. 

It's good to have a common interest aside from just work, work , work. Not only with the bosses, but also with your subordinates. Provides an avenue outside the office for honest feedback, hear from the horse's mouth directly, so to speak. As for the bosses, you will get a good idea of what and how they want things to be done, and that's what actually gets you ahead, not the common hobby / past-time.

Last time when working in Jap company, same thing, if you join the jap staff for social drinking, it is a very informal setting where discussion is easy and ranks / hierarchy is loosened. Otherwise, they are very formal, right down to seating places, order of entering room for meetings, really! Only thing was that I was not a smoker, so that excluded me slightly [laugh]

4 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Last time my boss will also wake up some staff early in the morning... Even 4 am.... But not to do exercise ... But go for breakfast!! 

But that was in the early stage when there were only 5 staff in the coy. 

My ex boss was similar. Asked everyone in the team to join him for run then breakfast before going to work.

After a couple of sessions people started dropped out and go uncontactable and MIA till 7am 😂

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

It's good to have a common interest aside from just work, work , work. Not only with the bosses, but also with your subordinates. Provides an avenue outside the office for honest feedback, hear from the horse's mouth directly, so to speak. As for the bosses, you will get a good idea of what and how they want things to be done, and that's what actually gets you ahead, not the common hobby / past-time.

Last time when working in Jap company, same thing, if you join the jap staff for social drinking, it is a very informal setting where discussion is easy and ranks / hierarchy is loosened. Otherwise, they are very formal, right down to seating places, order of entering room for meetings, really! Only thing was that I was not a smoker, so that excluded me slightly [laugh]

Jap "social drinking" is very wild.

:grin:

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Solar said:

My ex boss was similar. Asked everyone in the team to join him for run then breakfast before going to work.

After a couple of sessions people started dropped out and go uncontactable and MIA till 7am 😂

My boss would call up the fella and drive from bedok to changi pick him up,  then drive all the way to hougang for curry rice at 5am !

Lucky I wasn't working with him then... 

• Haha! 2