Bumper dent repair

Track

Hi bros

Got a small dent (ard 2 fifty cents coin) on bumper.

Many advices on just ignore till bigger repair.

However can't stand sight.

Was told need to knock back and respray whole bumper.

My question - can just do localize respray ard dented area. It would also be cheaper too.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

I think you should spray the whole thing as suggested above. It shouldnt be that expensive ($200-$300) and besides, the colour will probably not match if you just do localized spraying. If you are not very fussy, then go for those touch up pens and use a pointed tissue to fill in the damage will do.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone

Am newbie to this forum but have been following many of the postings here as I just got my 1st car. Still learning fm other bros here who are more experienced abt car maintenance.

Bro Track, I came across, in another posting, abt a freelancer who can remove dents for you at $10-$20 per dent depending on the size. His name is Gary (or some bros called him Uncle Gary) Hp: 9685 8366. Otherwise there's also Lye Design at AMK Autopoint (sorry didn't have this contact no. but shdn't be difficult to find).

Thought of getting Gary's service as I got my car her 1st dent at rear bumper few days back while reversing in carpark. Overlooked a pillar and ignored the reverse sensor frantic beeping [:(] Served me right.

Hi everyone

Am newbie to this forum but have been following many of the postings here as I just got my 1st car. Still learning fm other bros here who are more experienced abt car maintenance.

Bro Track, I came across, in another posting, abt a freelancer who can remove dents for you at $10-$20 per dent depending on the size. His name is Gary (or some bros called him Uncle Gary) Hp: 9685 8366. Otherwise there's also Lye Design at AMK Autopoint (sorry didn't have this contact no. but shdn't be difficult to find).

Thought of getting Gary's service as I got my car her 1st dent at rear bumper few days back while reversing in carpark. Overlooked a pillar and ignored the reverse sensor frantic beeping [:(] Served me right.

I think dent repairs can only be done on metal. Plastic ones dented, the mark or depression will be there unless one uses heat to soften it and form back the original shape or using putty to fill up the dent and respray.

Edited by Heartbreakid