Transactional services for direct buyer & seller deals

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

I bought a car in ireland imported from singapore is there a website I can check the odometer before it left singapore, example its last service

I bought a car in ireland imported from singapore is there a website I can check the odometer before it left singapore, example its last service

If you know the original Singapore registration number of the car, you can try to call the sales/service agent to ask for a service record if they willing to disclose.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I have this number, but would not know who to call. I dont know where the car was bought or serviced in Singapore. Is there any national data base as in Ireland that tells you millage and if car has ever been scrapped etc.???

It is not mandatory to record the Odometer to government agency in Singapore. Therefore, I don't think that is any national data where you can check the mileage of the vehicle.

Understand the car you're referring to is a BMW. Probably you can try Performance Motor Limited (Authorized resale agent in Singapore) to check. They should have the record if the previous owner sent there for services.

If not, I don't think there is anyway to find out the actual mileage of the car.

Neutral Newbie

Ok thanks ill try that. in ireland and the uk we have cartell!! tells you of the last service and history also if a car has been repaired for a crash or wrote off. Might be a good business to start in singapore for someone take a chance on it.

Thanks again for the help,if you make a million out if the business dont forget me lol

Anyone has any idea besides TTS, any other car dealers offering 1.88% interest rate when purchasing their vehicles? So far I only noticed TTS is offering the lowest interest rate among all the other dealers....for their new or used cars...

• Praise 1

Really crappy price. Just just tried asking for quotation on my car.

Opc cerato hb auto.

CarMart selling abt 26k he quoted me 14k. Stunned.....

Wah that's a big diff. So far I only encoutered a diff of about 5k or so between sgcarmart price and dealer quote. In the end just bought direct from pte seller

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hello all, this is my first post in this forum and I am not sure whether this is the correct place, anyone able to comment on this car? Is it worth it?

I calculated the depreciation and it is about 1150/mth. unsure whether this is considered high/mid/low. any advise will be appreaciated!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...802&DL=1000

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Depreciation for cars these days are generally higher because of the higher coe.

For new cars, it would easily be 10k - 15k depending on what car.

For used cars, this one you posted works out to be about 13k a year.

As to whether it's high or low, you should compare the used cars on sale (similar make) and make a judgement from there.

• Praise 1

bros here..

check some stuff... buy car from direct seller is it affected by MAS ruling?

if so, is it lifted likewise for 2months?

it is affected. buy from direct seller now cannot loan 100%, only can loan 50 - 60%.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

a friend uncle deceased and offered us the car to cont payment. as its deceased case, the legal paperwork took 6 mths. we even scrapped full settled our car and scrapped it. thinking tis was a genuine offer.

now after we hv renew road tax, polished, service the loans for 6 months, today they want ti back.

we are in such situation where we can't find full loan cars now..so much for helping a friend.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Got a 3 yr old Mini Cooper S last year. Wanted to downgrade this year. But before I could, the MAS ruling came in.

Now I am just wondering if it is a good time to sell. Or should I just wait it out. Prices have drop drastically and many dealers dun even wanna buy over.

Only got it for 1 year. so I am losing quite a lot of money if i sell it now.

Any opinions??

• Praise 1

1st Gear

I bought a 2nd hand car from a direct seller recently, and we went through a dealer to help us with the paper work, car loans and insurance etc. They also help me to market and sell off my current car. They said they charge S$500 from both buyer and seller for each transaction closed. So I have to pay S$1,000 for both my transactions. I don't mind paying S$500 for helping me to market and sell the car, but I just want to know if it is a common practice to pay as a buyer too. First time doing this, hope someone can advise.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

yup, you'll be affected. no banks will grant you the loan. like mine, the owner decided to take it back

↡ Advertisement