Ranger course

Vega

Turbocharged

Wonder ours is tougher or the US version?

Anyone gone to SAF ranger course care to comment?

↡ Advertisement

Local range course is nothing compared to US ranger course.

Ranger course is 60 days iirc. Last time my encik from CDO went. Passed on 2nd try. During course buay tahan, cry during some point in time. I think it is during the interrogation/POW phase. Don't think it is friendly to reveal too much here. Info is SIC only.

Ranger course is 60 days iirc. Last time my encik from CDO went. Passed on 2nd try. During course buay tahan, cry during some point in time. I think it is during the interrogation/POW phase. Don't think it is friendly to reveal too much here. Info is SIC only.

my time they say the thai ranger course more siong...my encik ( think those from the saf boys school type)....think he has a red an well as a yellow one.

i was assigned as their enemy durng my ns time. damn... really siong.

i can tell u abt the stories but no one will imagine the situation. vey siong..

unfortunately, due to high fall out rate, the standard droppe over the years.

really repect them.

Turbocharged

i was assigned as their enemy durng my ns time. damn... really siong.

i can tell u abt the stories but no one will imagine the situation. vey siong..

unfortunately, due to high fall out rate, the standard droppe over the years.

really repect them.

you mean the requirement is getting softer?

Those ang mohs may not be able to ta han the local tropical heat.

AGREE!!! when I went to Ex Wallaby 1998 Samuel Hill Camp Shoal Water Bay in Australia, I was in the pathfinder platoon and had to do a 32km road march to reach objective after landing from superpump.

I personally think the 32km was much much easier than the 24km I did in Singapore.

You have a local ranger tab ? Always easily said then done.

You would be surprised the US ranger course is not the toughest around.

Every ranger wearing the tab earns my respect.

Local range course is nothing compared to US ranger course.

Edited by Davidtkl

Being a ranger does not earn my respect, it's the attitude that earns my respect. I've seen many people going for the course and falling out with injuries, imho it's not worth it. Why risk your limb etc for such course??? Unless you're a commando i would say yes it's your requirement but any other vocation you're just asking for it

When I was active... Now, I ROD liao... My PC was SOF, Navy Seals (wear this badge beats all liao), Local Ranger, etc, etc ; new PC got US Ranger, etc, etc...

IMO, depending on whether you are standing at # 1 or 2.

#1. Most of these regular folks treat it as a career, go all out. You see how they train, very dedicated and all the way.

#2. Most of us (who may not really be into army) will keng siao keng pi, so our mind always tell us it cannot be done, and super tuff.

i believe this is only a discussion not a judgement. UNLESS you are better than them or at least near them.

How to tell if they are local or US Ranger tab??

I am a army clerk, I respect the RP/Storeman/Cook bcos i am just a clerk!

Being a ranger does not earn my respect, it's the attitude that earns my respect. I've seen many people going for the course and falling out with injuries, imho it's not worth it. Why risk your limb etc for such course??? Unless you're a commando i would say yes it's your requirement but any other vocation you're just asking for it

1 of my trainer attended the local ranger course, completed the whole training but failed the peer appraisal.

Those ang mohs may not be able to ta han the local tropical heat.

100% agree.

during my active time, got 1 US army company attached to us for several months while 1 of our company attached to US.

the US army all very fit, but when they go field training with us, they literally cannot take it,

aside from our humid weather, they say the outfield here is dirty, with all sorts of insects, especially our commando mosquitos.

they were so disgusted that they sat on their fullpacks and sleep in sitting position while we after checking for ants simply lie down and slept with fullpacks as pillows.

apparently in US, our serviceman came back with great memories, telling us of cool weather, and outfields whereby you can simply lie down and sleep.

• Praise 1

last time got a regular officer in my company, already got ranger tab, then went for SOF selection.

these regulars hokkien peng really diehard.

↡ Advertisement