Another disgruntled vPost User! Me!!!!

Mooscenic

Hi all,

I wish to highlight my plights of being 2 times unlucky when I used the vPost services for items purchased from Amazon.com and had the items shipped to my vPost USA address.

The stories goes like this...

Prior to my 1st order on Amazon.com on 11 Oct 2011, I have updated my vPost account online to my latest mailing address and has also done my due diligence to ensure that my vPost USA address has been duly updated as well. I then proceeded to place my order with Amazon.com and the item was received at the vPost USA facility on 14 Oct 2011.

Subsequently, I've proceeded to submit (Via email) my sales invoice (From Amazon.com) to vPost USA for them to process so that the delivery invoice can be generated by vPost for me to make payment before my item can be released and delivered.

On 18 Oct 2011, I've received the invoice for me to make payment for my package (VS114811284US) which I've paid up in full on the same day.

After making the above payment, I did not receive any updates until 20 Oct 2011 to inform me that the shipment has been sent out from vPost USA as well as confirmation of my payment for the package.

On 03 Nov 2011, after remembering that I'm expecting the above mentioned package and after waiting for it for so long, I've written in an enquiry via the vPost on-line portal and has received an email reply with CASE ID #101964. I've also followed up with vPost by making a telephone call on the same day and spoke with a lady called Salas who has tracked down my parcel and informed me that there was an attempted delivery made to my old mailing address on 23 Oct 2011.

I've informed Salas that I've logged onto my vPost account before making my order and question why their system did not capture the updated information, which she is unable to answer, only to offer her apology and then she took down my new mailing address and arranged for a re-delivery on 05 Nov 2011 (Sat) between 9am to 1pm.

As I was busy on 05 Nov 2011, I've made arrangement for my mum to make herself available for the day to receive the package and she had to cancel all her appointments for the day just to sign for the package.

Alas, 1pm came and went and there was no sign of any delivery by vPost on 05 Nov 2011 and I'd tried to call the vPost 1605 but to no avail as the hotline was closed. My mum has wasted her day due to vPost's failure to deliver on their service.

On 07 Nov 2011, I called the vPost hotline again to check on the delivery status and was informed that there was a delivery made but a further check revealed that the vPost delivery personnel has sent the package to my old mailing address again! The call was then transferred to Rob (Robin), the Customer Service Manager with vPost and after some investigation on his end, admitted that the glitch was due to their system not capturing my updated information on their system again and Robin has admitted again that there's a problem with their IT system.

After all the saga above, I've received my long overdue parcel on 09 Nov 2011 at the correct mailing address.

On 28 Oct 2011, I've placed another order with Amazon.com for another item (VS114958466US - OBJ9967) and used vPost USA service again as there's no choice but to do so as the merchant does not ship out to Singapore and unfortunately, vPost has fumbled on this shipment as well as I've only received an email update on 03 Nov 2011 to inform me that the shipment has arrived at their vPost USA facility and there have been no updates since.

I called Rob (Robin) again to check on this shipment and to enquire why the invoice has not been generated and till now, there have been no resolution and I think this coming from Singapore's premier postal service, is unacceptable to say the least.

It has been more than 2 weeks since my latest parcel has been sent and reached the USA facility but I'm at a lost as to when I will receive the item.

The above has shown that vPost has to seriously look into their level of service and to improve on their IT system, customer service as well as getting their delivery acts together.

Ok until today, no one from vPost has contacted me as I reckon besides Rob, there are no more senior managers above him or that no one wants or bothers to call me back to resolve the case.

As Christmas is approaching fast, I seriously wonder if my parcel will reach me in time for me to give it to my niece as her present.

Anyone here knows of any vPost contacts which I can channel my complaint to as calling their 1605 number and speaking with the agents and then being passed back to Rob does nothing for me!

Thanks in advance.

Very frustrated,

Moooooooo

↡ Advertisement

Just dump Vpost and go for Comgateway or Borderlinx.

They are much more cheaper, reliable and customer service is way much better and higher than Vpost.

I am using Borderlinx, once your parcel arrive at their facility, they'll inform you via email and you just need to check the value of the items in their records and authorise (make payment) the shipment to SG. They'll ship via DHL and you can track your parcel the moment DHL takes over. You can then arrange for time when the parcel is about to arrive. Usually their last stop is HK, then it'll come over to SG. I'm rather surprised when they delievered one of my parcels on a Sunday afternoon.

There was once my parcel was lost on it's way to SG. Borderlinx offers free insurance if you are paying via Citibank cards. I just need to fill up their insurance claim forms and submit with my invoice. Not much questions asked and 2 weeks later, I got the cheque. But they deduct 5% of the goods value as "admin fee", which is at least reasonable to me as I do not have to fork out the total loss.

did you complain until they shut down their site? Because vpost.com.sg is down right now....

I have been using Vpost for years, and IMO, it seems to me that their respective teams doesn't work together. For example, the collection guys in US are often not align with their customer service guys in Spore.And their IT system is often horrendous.

There was one time when their IT system goes haywire and gave 100% discount (instead of 10%). Of course, many people quickly go to "payment" and process their shipment for free. Few days later, the customer service guys called up and say there was a glitch (always a glitch when comes to their IT) and ask the customer to pay up. Problem is, right at the same time, their shipment arrive to their homes in SG! Do you think the customers would still pay up?

Vpost need major improvement in their systems and internal processes.

Edited by Icedbs

did you complain until they shut down their site? Because vpost.com.sg is down right now....

I have been using Vpost for years, and IMO, it seems to me that their respective teams doesn't work together. For example, the collection guys in US are often not align with their customer service guys in Spore.And their IT system is often horrendous.

There was one time when their IT system goes haywire and gave 100% discount (instead of 10%). Of course, many people quickly go to "payment" and process their shipment for free. Few days later, the customer service guys called up and say there was a glitch (always a glitch when comes to their IT) and ask the customer to pay up. Problem is, right at the same time, their shipment arrive to their homes in SG! Do you think the customers would still pay up?

Vpost need major improvement in their systems and internal processes.

HWZ has a lot of disgruntled stories from people using Vpost.

I used Vpost once, their charges are very expensive. Borderlinx is now my first choice as occasionally there are 15-25% discounts in shipping.

thanks for the complaint. had wanted to start buying through vpost...at least some other good references here. for shipping so far, i've had best experiences with DHL, especially for Apple products. they die-die will ship to u...no need worry whether home or not.

Neutral Newbie

Vpost..endless complains.

They are not professionals. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand does.

When they send someone to deliver your items. They knock one or two times on your door.

If you don't appear within 5 seconds, they consider it undeliverable.

The delivery guys are happy to keep coming back to deliver, but you have to keep waiting for them.

Their time doesn't matter, but yours does.

If you want better service, borderlinx it is.

Neutral Newbie

Some companies here simply don't understand how their delivery works or don't care.

The other day, I bought a box of automotive bulbs costing $8.50 from rs components.

They promise free delivery within 2-5 working days. Fine with me as I'm in no hurry.

The next day, someone call me to tell me that credit card is not accepted as it is only $8.50.

Fine, I can pay cash. But why did their website accept my order?

That someone also promise to call me first before they deliver.

I waited for a few days and nothing happens. Then I received a call that someone tries to deliver at 9.40am.

The address I gave them does not open for business till 10am. Nobody calls prior to delivery like the first guy promise.

So I arrange with this 2nd guy for next day delivery in the afternoon.

Afternoon came and go. No delivery.

The next day, 3rd guy calls and I asked what's going on.

He told me, he's office guy. The delivery guy (2nd guy) is not supposed to make delivery arrangement.

Hey, do I know how they do their business, office guy, delivery guy...can they sort out their own problems?

Finally, the $8.50 bulbs got delivered after a few rounds of going back and forth.

What a good way to run a business.

HWZ has a lot of disgruntled stories from people using Vpost.

I used Vpost once, their charges are very expensive. Borderlinx is now my first choice as occasionally there are 15-25% discounts in shipping.

Problem is Borderlinx doesn't send from Continental Europe....only from UK

Edited by Icedbs

Like another guy said in another post, use Borderlinx. Very easy to use. No such thing as submitting invoice via email or waiting for delivery invoice to make payment. What the hell, that is so 1980's. With Borderlinx just click a few buttons and it's done. And most importantly it's cheaper too.

Only used vPost once, waited a month, package never arrived. They kept telling me to be patient, apparently the call centre can only see what I could see on the website, which is close to nothing. Finally, got really angry, demand to talk to the manager, then they finally started looking for the package and told me the package was lost. Never explained where it was lost or how it was lost. With Amazon, I knew where the package was by the hour. Once it reaches vPost, all tracking stops. Apparently, this is very common with vPost, losing packages.

Now I only use Borderlinx. DHL more negotiable about delivery time than SingPost, much better tracking... and the package actually arrived.

Only use vPost if you feel lucky or feel charitable.

Edited by Jim

Hey all!

Thanks for all your replies and advises and I'm going to make another call to their call centre even though I know nothing will come out of it but to demand for someone from their higher management to speak to me besides being attended by their Customer Service Manager who does nothing but keep on repeating what his billing department have him convey to me.

It's seriously frustrating when I feel like speaking to a robot who does nothing and I reckon his bosses and immediate superiors are just as bad and are cowards who are not equipped to handle customers' complains and to resolve it.

Dealing with vPost has been most draining and it'll definitely be my last time using them for sure!

Moooooooo

i went to singpost website, left a compliment feedback and complain about their service... i had a response in a day, although my issue was a terrible experience

i had 2 items combined from Japan vpost, only one was delivered, after haggling a week to have them deliver the missing item which was obviously left out by mistake by the postman who sent the first item, they told me, item was still delivered within their time frame :angry:

Neutral Newbie

Stinkpost sucks big time... they claimed to have came and delivered but no one was at home... they didn't even leave a delivery advice at the door or lettterbox... it so happens that I log in to check the status that I saw the status of unsuccessful delivery at 6pm. i was home since 5pm. My guess is that they try not to go door to door to deliver as there is a high chance that pple are not at home. Then they will leave it at the post office for you to collect, hence saving their time and effort.

My experience with DHL (Borderlinx) was wonderful.. I came home ard 6+ and saw a delivery advice. I called and try to arrange for delivery at night (after 7pm) for tmr. They got in touch with their deliveryman immediate and he said he could swing round tonight and he did at 9pm. Fantastic service...

Last comment.. I was in the US for 2 yrs and the US Postal Service, really provides great postal service. I subscribe to a lot of magazines and when I'm on a road trip (abt 1 month) I found my mailbox empty. Apparently, they have kept all my mail at the post office and I just need to call and inform them that I'm back and they will bring all my mail in a box the next delivery day (and they work on Saturdays too). An alternative is that I can call and arrange for them to hold my mail and deliver them on the day that I return. All these services are FOC. But what I heard is that USPS provides good work benefits so their staff are always happy... maybe Stinkpost pays peanuts...

↡ Advertisement