FT disappointed with stamp duties

Piyopico

Jilat liao , now this FTs say will wait for a year , get his PR and buy HDB ! If all these FTs think like him , go buy HDB how ? Prices for HDB remain high ? Solve one problem for the rich but create more problems for the poor ?

Jilat liao , now this FTs say will wait for a year , get his PR and buy HDB ! If all these FTs think like him , go buy HDB how ? Prices for HDB remain high ? Solve one problem for the rich but create more problems for the poor ?

No matter what non-Malaysian PR's are still limited to 5%, in addition do you think people will pay for HDB if private prices are very close? For e.g. maisonettes near to my home cost around $800/900K, Pte apartments one to two bus-stops down cost about $1.1/1.2mil, If the price of the latter drops do you think people will buy the maisonettes? No right, they'll most likely get private instead causing lower demand for HDB which should translate into lower HDB prices.

Ur home ard Bishan area? If the difference is ard 200-300k, I would rather buy private anytime even before the price of the latter drops.

No matter what non-Malaysian PR's are still limited to 5%, in addition do you think people will pay for HDB if private prices are very close? For e.g. maisonettes near to my home cost around $800/900K, Pte apartments one to two bus-stops down cost about $1.1/1.2mil, If the price of the latter drops do you think people will buy the maisonettes? No right, they'll most likely get private instead causing lower demand for HDB which should translate into lower HDB prices.

HDB flats is for singaporeans ... and PR married to singaporeans....

the rest FT/FW (Foreign Trash/Foreign Whore)...SHOOO!!!!

HBD is government public housing for the people, citizens...now you see so much dwellers who are not singaporeans, not born here...

i think the FT in the video can go elsewhere....he's partly right about not being welcomed in singapore...its not the government...its the people who dun welcome you...say bye bye

this new ruling is so unfair for FT.

i support you FT, you are right to complain.

you should, as a way of protest, leave singapore immediately and never come back.

the last i heard, changi airport is still not crowded with FT trying to leave, so please do it asap.

you should, as a way of protest, leave singapore immediately and never come back.

the last i heard, changi airport is still not crowded with FT trying to leave, so please do it asap.

[laugh]

Just yesterday alone, 2 ft beside me in office complain this new policy... They kbkp whenever someone brought the topic up for conversation butt the funny part is, they are only an engineer and no way they can afford a private properties unless they have link with "investor" from in land.... [laugh]

From the newspaper reports, seems like many foreign buyers are now spooked and staying away from making purchases.

With a dip of demand from these blokes, those hoping to make a quick buck with units bought can only hope that PRs or citizens will come in the market to take up the slack.

But I for one will not be so optimistic.

What I can predict is that many opportunistic speculators will kena burnt...and burnt badly.

Get ready for GSS of condo units soon...

From the newspaper reports, seems like many foreign buyers are now spooked and staying away from making purchases.

With a dip of demand from these blokes, those hoping to make a quick buck with units bought can only hope that PRs or citizens will come in the market to take up the slack.

But I for one will not be so optimistic.

What I can predict is that many opportunistic speculators will kena burnt...and burnt badly.

Get ready for GSS of condo units soon...

I am sure there be some subsidy of stamp duty from the developers. Have to look out for durians to drop

Where got condos prices close to HDB at same location ? You are comparing Bishan maisonettes to shoe boxes in CBD is it ? [:p]

quote from the guy in the video.. "we are very very disappointed with this ruling, because even though we are foreigner, we have been working in SG for one year. We also contribute for this country. so if feel that first, as a foreigner in this country, the government don't welcome us"

LOL!

[wave] bye bye FTs