how about chinchillas and rabbits

they are killed for their fur

not as it we got nothing to wear

so as of today i truly confused

we basically are not consistent

but what i am sure about is that we should respect the animals

and not torture them while they are sacrificed for your meal

You are enlightened.

Anything that is not unnecessarily cruel, excessive and wasteful should be tolerated. We should let people achieve englightenment through pressure from their own communities and not impose our will upon people from a different region of the world with different cultural and traditional practises towards their prey animals.

I used to be very anti-whaling anti-seal clubbing

but nowadays a bit numb

are they wrong or are we just intolerant

whaling and seal clubbing goes back way way back in time

it is a cultural thing

why we tolerant some but not others

eg

our neighbours are predominantly muslim and they dont eat pork

but yet they tolerate us

the hindus dont eat beef

but here we go singing about beef steak and Morton

the chinese in china eat Dogs

if dogs are considered pets

how about chinchillas and rabbits

they are killed for their fur

not as it we got nothing to wear

so as of today i truly confused

we basically are not consistent

but what i am sure about is that we should respect the animals

and not torture them while they are sacrificed for your meal

wrong is wrong. There is no such thing as tolerating it or not.

historical culture is one thing, facing the current fact should be advocated.

they are depleting a species with many endangered sub-species. that, is wrong. However many things I like about japan and the Japanese, whale hunting is really WTF... I sincerely hope for a whale big enuf to swallow up your whole Japanese Whale hunting Expedition, or a crisis big enuf to deplete your 2.8Bil.

Turbocharged

It actually tasted quite bad. Smelly fish and tough.

Really. Why is it so sort after. Maybe like the smelly tou fu, the worse it smells, the better the taste.

wrong is wrong. There is no such thing as tolerating it or not.

historical culture is one thing, facing the current fact should be advocated.

they are depleting a species with many endangered sub-species. that, is wrong. However many things I like about japan and the Japanese, whale hunting is really WTF... I sincerely hope for a whale big enuf to swallow up your whole Japanese Whale hunting Expedition, or a crisis big enuf to deplete your 2.8Bil.

i read your post

and come to the conclusion that you are either a young person or a rash person

if you are so concerned about depleting a species with many endangered sub-species

i dont see kpkb about the dissappearance of the amazon

how many tree with potential medicinal value for mankind are destroyed due to logging

how many undiscovered insects and other bugs yet to be discovered all destroyed

just because a bug or insect cannot smile back at you

is not worthy of your sympathy and vigor to protect them

the more i think about your posting

perhaps you are naive

think of the bigger picture

who is more destructive

japanese limited fishing of whales as no one really conclusively can claim that japanese fishing will kill of the species

or the americans - who have been exploding thousands of atomic bomb including the backyard of NZ - do you think that atomic bombs only kill one fish, how do you know that the atomic bombs did knot "accidentally" kill some whales too

I have to ask you this

do you or your family ever eat shark fins

do you know the subspecies of sharks are on the verge od extinction because of over fishing for sharkfins

why you dont kpkb

it is all because about economics and which nation can exert more influence

btw did you one other european country also hunt whales on a yearly basis

dont get emotional

there is alot of issues before one can come to a conclusion

if you are so against this whaling business

then i must guess you are also against capital punishment

The difference between eating dogs, rabbits, pork and beef and eating whale meat is that whales are becoming extinct

well said

thus I'm as anti-whaling as anti-shark fins

and Japanese ain't no saint compared to Chinese...

While Chinese has Sinoforest fraud, Japanese has Olympus

The difference between eating dogs, rabbits, pork and beef and eating whale meat is that whales are becoming extinct

the evidence of extinction is NOT conclusive

unlike sharks - for sharkfins which is very certain to extinction because of shear number of consumers

using tsunnami money to catch whale is somehow wrong...but then what actually goes on behind the scene...none of us know...coruption?? conspiracy??? but don't catch whale...i think those pple is eat free nothing to do...better go solve the economic problem...else even got alot of whale...everyone also will die...

I believe...to stop someone from doing something...you must suggest something that is better for him to do...easier job and make more money etc...if cannot...then don't waste the gas to move the boat and money to buy boat...pay pple...then go out sea try to stop whaling....these idiots themself are depleting natural resource thinking they can achieve something...that's why i say they eat full too free...

Turbocharged

Some of you talk about extinct, and eating exhinct living thing is wrong.

Do you know what is not extinct or not going to extinct ?

What about ants, cockroaches, spiders , etc. [laugh]

Yup no need visible 'killing' to harm the nature, excessive wastage also as harmful [:(]

A lot of natural life forms and species are facing extinction. Salmon, tuna, oysters, elephants, rhino, penguins, pandas, gorillas, sharks, many more, probably hundreds more. Not all are due to hunting and human consumption, maybe there are more due to pollution and climate changes caused by human industrialization, trash and other activities relating to our urban way of life in Singapore.

Don't like your 1-year old "obsolete" computer or phone ? Think about the massive amount of high-tech trash we are creating every year and every day even if you don't eat meat. How much trash, waste chemicals, goes into a land fill or dumped into the sea, killing thousands of ocean life and destroying natural habitats for hundreds of animal species. Some people even debate and advocate eating the extinct animals, because the demand will prevent their natural habitats from being destroyed.

Wrong is wrong ? Hope you don't throw away a 1-year old phone, or 2-year old laptop just because it is slow or hasn't got Siri or 4G or 8MP camera. Hope you don't throw away your 5-year old old leather bag and shoes just because it goes out of fashion. Hope you bring a shopping bag to the supermarket. Hope you bring one of those metal container to the hawker centre to tabao. Hope you don't eat salmon or tuna. OK, let's blame it on the pollution in China, South East Asia and South America ? Don't like it ? Stop buying the Apple iPhones, Samsung LED TV, Nike shoes, H&M apparels, Transformer toys, car stereo and electronics, coming from their factories. Then you will realize there is nothing much left in your urban lifestyle in Singapore. But just like you and me, it is the livelihood of the fisherman on Northeastern coast of Japan they worry about in the aftermath. Maybe you can offer them your salary.

I am not saint and don't claim I don't contribute to the mess or accuse others of "wrong is wrong". If you can even just contribute 10% less of the industrial waste each day, it is already a valuable contribution for the future of our children.