Road block in the afternoon?

Caravan

Encountered a police road block at about 1pm today outside Yo:ha@jurong. Cop waved me on, but I thought normally road blocks are carried out at night to nap drunk drivers?

Saw some motorbikes being stopped by the roadside though.

↡ Advertisement

Encountered a police road block at about 1pm today outside Yo:ha@jurong. Cop waved me on, but I thought normally road blocks are carried out at night to nap drunk drivers?

Perhaps anothet toilet break?...

Many years back, such day time road blocks are mostly due to armed robbery report. Someone told me he had that order to set-up and man the road block for fleeing armed robbers. He (most senior in the group) said his heart pumping as he stared hard at each approaching car. If the armed robbers are good shot, he will be the first target.

Turbocharged

Many years back, such day time road blocks are mostly due to armed robbery report. Someone told me he had that order to set-up and man the road block for fleeing armed robbers. He (most senior in the group) said his heart pumping as he stared hard at each approaching car. If the armed robbers are good shot, he will be the first target.

This sounds like Iraq.

(edited)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-shot-dead-after/1883220.html?cid=twtcna

SINGAPORE: One person was shot dead and another two detained after an incident in the vicinity of the Shangri-La hotel early Sunday (May 31) morning, police said.

In a statement, the Singapore Police Force said that a "trio was earlier stopped at a Police vehicular checkpoint set up along Ardmore Park. When asked to open the car boot for checks, the driver suddenly accelerated the vehicle towards Anderson Road.

"Despite Police warnings to stop, the driver continued to crash through Police barricades, endangering the lives of the officers.

"Police opened fire at the vehicle to stop further danger. The vehicle subsequently stopped at the junction of Orange Grove Road and Anderson Road."

Substances believed to be drugs were found on one of the persons arrested, the statement added. Orange Grove Road, Anderson Road and Ardmore Park are temporarily closed to facilitate police operations.

The police say they are "in control of the situation", and have advised that members of public stay away from the area.

UPDATE TO INCIDENT ALONG ORANGE GROVE ROAD

Police confirm that one man was shot dead and two others were detained in an incident in the vicinity of the Shangri-La hotel at 4.36 am.

The trio was earlier stopped at a Police vehicular checkpoint set up along Ardmore Park. When asked to open the car boot for checks, the driver suddenly accelerated the vehicle towards Anderson Road. Despite Police warnings to stop, the driver continued to crash through Police barricades, endangering the lives of the officers. Police opened fire at the vehicle to stop further danger. The vehicle subsequently stopped at the junction of Orange Grove Road and Anderson Road.

Substances believed to be drugs were found on one of the persons detained.

Police are in control of the situation. Orange Grove Road, Anderson Road and Ardmore Park are temporarily closed to facilitate police operations. Members of public are advised to stay away from the area.

Due to the ongoing Shangri-La Dialogue, security measures including vehicle and person check points have been put in place in the vicinity of the Shangri-La hotel.

PUBLIC AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
31 MAY 2015 @ 8.00AM

Edited by 3ply

(edited)

Oh my god, did this really happen in Singapore ? Sounds like a scene from the TV drama....

Seems that life in Singapore police force is getting more exciting .....

Edited by Bezbee