To buy now or wait until Mar 2012 for S60???

Cool_tiger

It is actually all LPPL .... it is just how the different ADs wants to play the number game ..... Overtrade ... refer to the additional $$ to the price offered by the car dealer. For See and See usually the "trade in" car will be purchased by Republic Auto. See and see will overtrade the car by offering a higher price. For example if RP offered 100k for the car and the overtrade is 8k, the trade in price will be 108k instead of 100k.

However, if someone does not have a car to trade in ... the overtrade does not work. In a way, See and See is having "win - win" as they will make both from selling the new car as well as the old car that you have trade in.

& what if the actual trade in price for your car is $108k(outside dealer) & C&C quote u 8k lower than purposly add in the 8k overtrade to make it $108k..

is this how they work??

↡ Advertisement

The subject is to buy car or to wait. So pls stick to the subject and give constructive advise. Don't take it too seriously unless you are FTs ... by the way i can afford the car just that i want to get the best value, same as all buyer. Anyway, typical Singaporean like to complaint.

FYI, I just bought the S60 at $156K with free maint and some other items thrown in.

Thank you bros for all the good input. Already paid the deposite today for S60 and waiting to get the car before New Year (likely on Christmas).

Key reasons I go for S60

- Reasonable price (best value with the highest OMV of 35K as compare to the rest)

- Sexy outlook (i go for the white colour with body kit) - love the interior trimming

- Safety features - its a volvo

- Better legroom as compare to C180 & BMW 318i

- Cat A car and with 180hp

Down side

- resale might not be so good as compare to the rest but its changing with volvo resale branch setting up

- brand image as compare to BMD & MB

The subject is to buy car or to wait. So pls stick to the subject and give constructive advise. Don't take it too seriously unless you are FTs ... by the way i can afford the car just that i want to get the best value, same as all buyer. Anyway, typical Singaporean like to complaint.

FYI, I just bought the S60 at $156K with free maint and some other items thrown in.

Just to check if you know how much the T5 is currently?

No finance rebates and whatnot?

I actually bought the T5 a few months ago... just KP-ing a bit..

Thank you bros for all the good input. Already paid the deposite today for S60 and waiting to get the car before New Year (likely on Christmas).

Key reasons I go for S60

- Reasonable price (best value with the highest OMV of 35K as compare to the rest)

- Sexy outlook (i go for the white colour with body kit) - love the interior trimming

Down side

- resale might not be so good as compare to the rest but its changing with volvo resale branch setting up

Haha Mine also white... i think it goes with the look well..

I saved on the silver body kit , cos i tot the black diffuser looks better with the white body than the silver bodykit, cos of the contrast..

not sure of the S60T5 but should be around $156+20K = $176 +- due to Cat B CEO.

I think the norm is that nowaday people go for lower cc car to save petrol & road tax. Hence resale might not be so good for S60T5 so prefer to go for T4 which is cheaper also.

Supercharged

good choice.

S60 is very comfortable cruiser, looks good and handles well too.

u may like to join Volvosgclub

Need advise whether to buy S60 now or wait until next year for the COE to drop...

Current S60 is going at $156K with immed COE and will get the car before end Dec. It's still a bit steep for me and still wondering whether want to wait longer. But i expect LTA to cut COE quota again and CEO will go up higher. I was told Cat A might hit 70K and Cat B above $100K. All thanks to Taxi and FTs. [:(]

Please give constructive advise. Appreciate all the input.

will COE drop when government is going to reduce supply?

anyway,i think $156k is quite a good buy.

not sure of the S60T5 but should be around $156+20K = $176 +- due to Cat B CEO.

I think the norm is that nowaday people go for lower cc car to save petrol & road tax. Hence resale might not be so good for S60T5 so prefer to go for T4 which is cheaper also.

the T5 OMV should be higher too.

the T5 OMV should be higher too.

You are right.

the OMV is around 40K.

Based on the earlier calculation by another bro, the basic cost is already around 165K [(40K x 2.3)+73K], so build in a 20K-25K margin should be around at least 185K to 190K.

I got it at around there too..

So didn't get ripped off..

Key reasons I go for S60

Down side

congrats! wow new year drive new car huat huat ah!

yeah i would go for white or black too for this car. 18" rims swee. [:)]

Can I check is there any loan condition to fulfill? Ie, can I determine the loan quantum n tenure or is it stipulated by the terms and conditions?

The rim is 17", i think 18'" is for the T5.

Today in the showroom saw quite a few people looking at the S60T4. Have to Qup for the test drive and black colour (with interior black) was sold out (my prefer colour) and have to go for the ice white (last pcs also). So immediate paid the deposite and secure the car.

You are right.

the OMV is around 40K.

Based on the earlier calculation by another bro, the basic cost is already around 165K [(40K x 2.3)+73K], so build in a 20K-25K margin should be around at least 185K to 190K.

I got it at around there too..

So didn't get ripped off..

yes,i think it work out to be around this range.

The price quoted is based on 1.88% interest. Not sure whether you need to take any min loan?

You might wat to check with Volvo. If u wat I can forward you the sale person contact.

She is quite accommodating.

just curious why noone considering used BMWs? from PPSL my sis recently got a 120i for 162k. registered march 2011 milage only 200km! as good as new? its a showroom car..heard they letting go alot from showroom

↡ Advertisement