To buy now or wait until Mar 2012 for S60???

Cool_tiger

Supercharged

from PPSL my sis recently got a 120i for 162k. registered march 2011 milage only 200km!

wat for?

pay a bit more can a brand new 118 oredi [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

The price quoted is based on 1.88% interest. Not sure whether you need to take any min loan?

You might wat to check with Volvo. If u wat I can forward you the sale person contact.

She is quite accommodating.

Great choice...being an ex Volvo owner u'll enjoy their after sales service unlike PML everything u need to do ? Pay $$$

just curious why noone considering used BMWs? from PPSL my sis recently got a 120i for 162k. registered march 2011 milage only 200km! as good as new? its a showroom car..heard they letting go alot from showroom

March 2011 - not new model..unless it's a convertible else not worth it.

March 2011 - not new model..unless it's a convertible else not worth it.

yea its convertible..my point is.. 120i is priced slightly higher than a 320i so why not consider getting those showroom 6month old units with super low milage?

[inlove]

Thank you bros for all the good input. Already paid the deposite today for S60 and waiting to get the car before New Year (likely on Christmas).

Key reasons I go for S60

- Reasonable price (best value with the highest OMV of 35K as compare to the rest)

- Sexy outlook (i go for the white colour with body kit) - love the interior trimming

- Safety features - its a volvo

- Better legroom as compare to C180 & BMW 318i

- Cat A car and with 180hp

Down side

- resale might not be so good as compare to the rest but its changing with volvo resale branch setting up

- brand image as compare to BMD & MB

I was looking at the V60 T4 2 months ago, but decided to go for the 1.8Turbo C180. No doubt the S/V60 design looks good internally and externally, I have reservation or doubt on the 1.6L engine and Volvo's build quality.

IMG_1056.jpg

There are a few features that I look for when I was checking out the Volvo, comparing it to the Merc. Merc sound proofing is better than the Volvo, it has 2 rubber seals for the door compared to Volvo, and the seal on the door frame is covered in fabric.

I noticed the S60 suspension is harsher compared to the Merc, and I am comparing to my current W203.

Anyway, congrats on your S60 purchase. It's a beautiful car.

Edited by Cklasse

[inlove]

I was looking at the V60 T4 2 months ago, but decided to go for the 1.8Turbo C180. No doubt the S/V60 design looks good internally and externally, I have reservation or doubt on the 1.6L engine and Volvo's build quality.

There are a few features that I look for when I was checking out the Volvo, comparing it to the Merc. Merc sound proofing is better than the Volvo, it has 2 rubber seals for the door compared to Volvo, and the seal on the door frame is covered in fabric.

I noticed the S60 suspension is harsher compared to the Merc, and I am comparing to my current W203.

Anyway, congrats on your S60 purchase. It's a beautiful car.

You are right on the sound proofing.

I used to drive a 320.

The sound proofing is worse than the Beemer's.

And you are right again, the suspension is actually quite hard and bouncy(like those jap tiong car like that) I was told its cos the Volvos in SG get the "dynamic" chassis, which sharpens handling.

The reason for picking the T5 is

1) the added power, which the 320 lacks. 240bhp/320NM actually is just enuf for a car thats 1.5 ton. The Beemer is 1.4 ton, but only 156bhp.. V slow, at least for overtaking.

2) The unreliability of my 320 after warranty. I have had many clients that speak volumes about the Volvo's reliability over the long term. One actually traded his almost 8 year XC90 for a new XC 90. Same look. Weird. Merc also good reliability, i was told.

3) Interior space of the S60. The back seat LOOKS as small as a 320, but i can tell you it is not, because the seats are much deeper. It supports my entire thigh, thus only the thickness of my calves matter for rear leg room. Dunno if understand what i mean. In the C and the 3, you sit fairly upright and the seat is shorter.

I think the C, back seat is the smallest of the 3 compared here.

I sat in it, felt really hemmed in.

4) Maintenance cost; after much market research, i found that in general, any maintenance for Volvo is cheaper than BMW, probably about the same as Merc.

5) Merc C Klass/BMW 3 series currently are at tail end of the product cycle. F30 is almost out, and the C is a midlife update.

Volvos take about 6-8 years to change a model. So the S60 will remain current for a good 5 years at least.

Downside:

1) Not as 'sat' as a merc or beemer.

2) Like you said hard suspension and noiser, esp above 150km. Below 100Km, not much diff.

3) Nothings beats the ability to accelerate mid-turn and surefooted-ness of a BMW.

A more reliable 325/335 with a bit more space, would almost be the perfect car, at least for me.

4) Maybe the F30 would be a great car, heard it will be bigger, and with a TC engine...

But it would also cost 30K more, with higher maintenance...

Thank you for all the +ve input for S60.

I am collecting my S60T4 next Sunday (1 bid COE) and still pending whether to go for the floor mat and GSP which cost additional $200 and $1000 (est can't remember the exact amount as my sale recommended me to purchase them) from Volvo.

Any review on the floor mat and GPS?

Should install the Garmin GPS and use it to pair your phone for hands free talking, as the T4 audio set does not have Bluetooth function. What's the freebies you got from your SE?

Thank you for all the +ve input for S60.

I am collecting my S60T4 next Sunday (1 bid COE) and still pending whether to go for the floor mat and GSP which cost additional $200 and $1000 (est can't remember the exact amount as my sale recommended me to purchase them) from Volvo.

Any review on the floor mat and GPS?

Congrats on your purchase fellow Volvo owner. Join the Volvo SG forum to share experience and knowledge. Volvo warranty is no question ask on replacement of parts, even if you sell your ride to the next buyer, he would get to enjoy it within warranty period.

On your qn, here's my take:

1. I've been using the rubber tray type mat (volvo original) for yrs, it saved a food spill some time ago and great for keep your floor dry and odour free;

2. Use Garmin GPS instead of Volvo original, heard complaint about S80's GPS and the manual is in Swedish! (not sure of the new S60 GPS).

Write a review on your ownership experience.

No free things as I was given a direct $1K off. volvo accessories is quite x... so get a direct discount is better. the rest could install outside if needed.

Yes will join the Volvo sg forum shortly once i get the car. Agreed with u and might go for the mat but not the gps as it is to x.

Can't wait to get my car next Sun and the sale girl told me the q is quite long as she tried to expedite it. Seem like volvo is doing quite well with S60 & V60.

No free things as I was given a direct $1K off. volvo accessories is quite x... so get a direct discount is better. the rest could install outside if needed.

Accessories can be purchased via lobang in forum or self import from overseas website.

Congrats on your new s60 T4! It really is a good price. I too own an S60 T4 but with R Design... And boy the suspension is HARSH! But the body control is just so unbelievable!

I too was also considering the C180, X1 (3 series too old), IS250 and A4 since they were all in the same price range of abt 170-180k in Oct 2011 when i was shopping. I am 25, hence what i prioritise are the styling and performance.

1) C180 (1.8 turbo please, the 1.6 kompressor has such an unrefined engine and a slow gearbox compared to my previous car a Pug 308cc with 6 speed auto) has a very beautifully made interior but seriously that exterior is a little too ah pek for me. The car is very nice to drive though with excellent performance. Interior insulation on par with the rest except Lexus.

2) X1... Wat do i have to say? Pushy SE. Horrendous plastics used in interior, damn ugly exterior. But the steering feel is the best if a little heavy. Love the moonroof and HID.

3) IS250: very cramp, but the silence is so powerful that ur ears start to bleed. Drive is very unexciting but the engine is so creamy smooth. Feels the most ah pek car to drive.

4) A4: didnt bother much with this because the AD scrimpe so much on equipment and i hated the CVT. didnt like the interior design as it felt very blocky and the interior has such horrible hard plastics at the lower centre console. In fact i find the A1 has a higher quality interior.

5) S60: i love the coupe lines, love the interior design, and because i must have a sunroof and HID, i opted for R design or else i will really miss seeing the sky (mine is a special indent R design). The performance is very good - initial pick-up is the best, can squeal the front tires easily and there will be some torque steer, quite grin inducing. Mine comes with 7" screen instead of 5", dvd playback, better speakers, and bluetooth telephony. I love my S60 T4 with R design.

Edited by Eugn86

Why buy Volvo, it a china car now, no more prestige , pay a bit more and get C180

Why buy Lenovo, it a china laptop, no more reliability, pay bit more and get Macbook. :wub:

Why buy Volvo, it a china car now, no more prestige , pay a bit more and get C180

Just wondering if you even read the thread from the 1st post ???? Go and read the thread from page 1, TS has already mentioned about C180 ....