To buy now or wait until Mar 2012 for S60???

Cool_tiger

Welcome to the Volvo family! I'm a S60 2.0T Polestar zenged (ie, T5 equivalent) owner.

Some misconceptions in the thread so far imho:-

- S60 is assembled in Belgium (some parts are made in China, one of the rear glass for eg; not sure any car can escape from any MIC parts anyway) not made in China for our market.

- I won't bother with the GPS. It's not built-in and is a Garmin. Go outside and buy your own Garmin set. The only upside is the wires which they can hide a little but honestly, I won't pay that price.

- Use the original mat. It's good enough and it's stuck in place by positioners. 3rd party ones do not have the positioners.

- COE will not drop in 2012.

- Overtrade with Wearnes (at least for me) was not to "over-loan". They paid 5k more for my traded-in car.

- You didn't get ripped off buying the Volvo. You would have if you bought the Audi. Same OMV (and same COE if you bought the Cat B versions) but 30k more, at least.

- Merc's sound proofing is better than the Volvo's but that doesn't mean that Volvo's sound proofing is bad

- S60's ride is harsher. Double confirm. Sports or comfort. Pick one.

- 240 bhp is not just enough. It's more than enough in SG. Torque is the key in SG's driving not bhp. 320Nm is great at such a low RPM.

- Me thinks most average drivers don't cheong on turns enough to know what they are missing on the S60 compared to the BMW. Going on bendy roads at 80-90km/h is no problem at all for the S60 assuming it's not an acute turn.

- Volvo's forums are boring. I think most owners are not enthusiasts like BMW owners.

For Mercs owners, try to check how much the Apple connection kit (or whatever they call that fancy cable) costs...Volvo comes built-in btw...

Having said all that, it's not all bed and roses but I shall not digress.

↡ Advertisement

welcome to the volvo club ;)

I drive the V50. old car, 2.4 NA engine inline 5, but nevertheless still a good car.

one more thing i wanna add... volvo has a very decent audio system.

Hi all,

I got my S60 T5 in Mid Oct this year

I got a pretty good deal, but there is always better ones isn't it, there is no end to bargain hunting.

I got mine with Aug COE i think valued at $67k

Got a pretty good trade-in for my old ride

got a few freebies

got some discount

got good interest rate

got very good service by sales person

got a pretty good car

After all the above....cost me around $180k for a powerful 2L luxury conti car (not sports) that is pretty well equipped (not best equipped, but beats some other conti hands down) with about 39+k OMV and $67k COE, is a pretty good deal in Singapore context at this moment.

With the foreseeable future of 2 o 3 years of COE increase trend (may dip a litle in between), having a conti car that has good OMV and high COE, will enable me o change car in the 3rd or 4th year depending on situation and will be positive loan at negative actuals, just like my old ride that suppose to be negative loan but due to high COE and therei s market in the 2nd hand market, fetches a value that not only turn the loan positive but with more than $20k spare to offset the new purchase.

Also, dont forget, the list price is always correspond to the latest COE and actual selling price is dependent on also the old COE on hand that AD needs to get rid as there is expiry date, so catching the right time may be key to get a good deal, based on luck or homework, hahahaha

The GPS (Garmin) is pretty good, but sometimes you will need to move back to main menu and back to map to have the satelite connected, other then that, pretty good i must say, the installation is good, with the cradle fitted nicely at the A column.

For those S60 owners, share share your experience, mine too young to share much.

Also try to join the volvo sg forum, no sound no picture from admin.....been weeks liao....give up

Finally decided to buy the volvo car mat and gps (garmin) at quite a good rate as the gps is demo set and come with volvo 1 yr warranty.

Today is the COE bidding and hope that it will go sky rocket as my is 1 confirmed bid. Getting my car this weekend and will put up a review after that.

Thank you all the bros for the good advise and enjoy the long weekend ahead.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Huat ah....

Given current market conditions, the price is attractive.

However if you can look beyond 2013, that coincides with bumper years of peak car sales nearing its 10th year lifespan, should see increase in COE certificates available.

Hi All..

I was very attracted by the New Volvo V60 T4 R-Design ...when i first stepped into the showroom 2 days ago ..the passion red color of the V60 coupled with the R-Design exterior really looked damn pretty n sexy ....so asked abit more about the car ..and test drove it ...it felt really good ..with the car produce 180bhp & torque of 240 through the range starting from low rpm of 1600 .nice n clean interior .. leather seat..amazing ..considering i am now driving a Honday Oddysey which is a real fuel gustler, city drive only 7-7.5km/litre...and the car so underpowered .immediately fall in love with the car V60..

Did try the S60 T4 ...quite similar driving feel ...but the outlook is definately more appealing for V60 ..considering the body line at the back ..make it looked really sporty n pretty .also i hv 2 kids and travel to malaysia quite abit n need some space for stuff ..obviously V60 is more practical for me ....now the question is what is the price diff between normal V60 vs R-Design V60 ...is about 12K ....i think i will go for R-Design ...got the price negotiated ..and quite pleased to get the base price i bargain for . Now waiting for latest december 2nd bidding ...non guaranteed COE ..hopefully can get it ..n no need to top up ...i am loving volvo especially V60/S60 ...will share more if i really become a real volvo V60 owner ...hopefully soon

Cheers and season greeting .

Edited by Ientaobah

This new design line that Volvo adopt is certainly gaining traction and eats into the market segment though will never be close to the mercs and beemer and audis, but a very worthy contender for any individual looking for a ride in that range.

I am sure I have made a good choice, as always there are always better deals, etc down the road, but hey its a good car and enjoy it

My car insurance for NCV 50% + 5% is around $1400. Quite reasonable.

Overall operating cost for S60 should be low as I have 3 yr maintenance package from them and with low road tax (1.6L), reasonable insurance and fuel consumption. I think it's quite a good deal.

My insurance is below 1350 (50 + 5) and I am in my early 40s and the first 2 years comes with the volvo program of 1 to 1 replacement if total lost.

3 years free maintenance (covers parts but not tyres and batt) and 2 years free service (parts not cover)...

TS, does yours comes with the front and rear plates, side skirts and square tailpipes?...retailing at 4k+, but i think internally cost about 2k

There is also this T5 advantage thingy that includes 20% off accessories and next day appt...nice to have kind of thing.

Hi All..

I was very attracted by the New Volvo V60 T4 R-Design ...when i first stepped into the showroom 2 days ago ..the passion red color of the V60 coupled with the R-Design exterior really looked damn pretty n sexy ....so asked abit more about the car ..and test drove it ...it felt really good ..with the car produce 180bhp & torque of 240 through the range starting from low rpm of 1600 .nice n clean interior .. leather seat..amazing ..considering i am now driving a Honday Oddysey which is a real fuel gustler, city drive only 7-7.5km/litre...and the car so underpowered .immediately fall in love with the car V60..

Did try the S60 T4 ...quite similar driving feel ...but the outlook is definately more appealing for V60 ..considering the body line at the back ..make it looked really sporty n pretty .also i hv 2 kids and travel to malaysia quite abit n need some space for stuff ..obviously V60 is more practical for me ....now the question is what is the price diff between normal V60 vs R-Design V60 ...is about 12K ....i think i will go for R-Design ...got the price negotiated ..and quite pleased to get the base price i bargain for . Now waiting for latest december 2nd bidding ...non guaranteed COE ..hopefully can get it ..n no need to top up ...i am loving volvo especially V60/S60 ...will share more if i really become a real volvo V60 owner ...hopefully sooCheers and season greeting .

Bro, I am also driving an mpv, and also attracted to this v60 design....at this price very. Tempting to get...but understand it's only 5 seater right? So from 7 to 5 very difficulty for me to justify to wifey to get this, ...is it any different vs yr odd in terms of space for 2 additional space? I know this is kinda silly q, but just need to ask how u justify the smaller ride...

i got a terra bronze xc60 T5 1 month back.

although the car is lacking in power, i have no regrets.

the car is smooth and it is very spacious.

the car insulation isnt very good but that is maybe because i can hear the engine straining at under 1700rpm.

car seats are very comfy with good back and thigh support

Hi

the sound you hear at about 1700rpm is not engine straining, its the turbo kicks in, you can refer to the spec sheet, and I dont think 320Nm torque and 240BHP is under power, just stepp a bit more and you will feel the power once turbo kicks in

cheers

↡ Advertisement