Do you off your Car Cam Recorder When...

Brendon1980

Yesterday came back from MY, as I was clearing the final stage of customs at SGP, the one where you open your boot to let them see see look look one. One officer saw my camera in front even though quite hidden said nothing at first, then went to the back to check the boot (I had one installed at my ride's rear too), he then ask me do you know its not allowed to take video at the customs, I told him I am aware but my camera not recording cause I had taken out the sim card earlier to view some images (which is the truth). He then tell me to remember to off if I am crossing customs in future.

So anyone practise this? If that is the case must go and do switch is it?

↡ Advertisement

Whenever I pass Sin custom, I always disconnect the power supply wire to the recorder. Hopefully they will be convinced I'm not recording.

Supercharged

I switched it off when entering SG. Last time I even remove the whole camera before I enter SG CIQ, but now I just switch it off but simply unplug the power cord from the power socket.

When I enter MY from SG, I don't bother. Even departing at SG CIQ I leave it on.

Ever heard before one of the MCF bros reported he was detained for questioning when he left his cam switched on when passing thru customs coming back. But they released him after a few hours....

i got question by the SG custom when im entering JB (3weeks ago).

Told me to unplug the power or cover the camera with a cloth/pastic bag.

Edited by Mcf777

Supercharged

i got question by the SG custom when im entering JB (3weeks ago).

Told me to unplug the power or cover the camera with a cloth/pastic bag.

Like that I better unplug the power when I go thru both sides customs, whether SG or MY.

↡ Advertisement