Where to find: Jap reliability + Italian soul and beauty?

KARTer

Despite recalls in recent years, Jap reliability is still hard to match (at least in the 'affordable' segment in the market). Alfa etc give us the soul and beauty.... where to find a car which combine the two?? :o

↡ Advertisement

Unforunately .... there is no such combination .... Jap reliability and Italian Soul .....

Usually, got Italian soul no Jap reliability and got Jap reliability no Italian soul ...

totally agree man bro!

got italian soul akin moody like an italian women,

jap reliablibity akin to robotic and perform as good, as always.

Unforunately .... there is no such combination .... Jap reliability and Italian Soul .....

Usually, got Italian soul no Jap reliability and got Jap reliability no Italian soul ...

Despite recalls in recent years, Jap reliability is still hard to match (at least in the 'affordable' segment in the market). Alfa etc give us the soul and beauty.... where to find a car which combine the two?? :o

Read many years back, many/most Japanese models selling like hot cakes were designed by Italians re-located to Japan. Datsun got demoted from No.2 in Japan by their Japanese designed 120Y model, and never recovered that No: 2 position since.

I believe many/most Japanese cars are designed dedicated for usage by Japanese housewives fetching children to school. Followed by marketing and returning home.

Many/most Italian cars are designed dedicated for usage by the men who drive long distances to work (including emergency vehicles). I only drove an Italian car into a circuit, not a Japanese car.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

A search revealed that Nissan and Alfa tried in the 80s and gave birth to a model called Arna (or something like that), basically a Nissan hatchback body with Alfa engine etc..... unfortunately instead of Jap reliability + Italian Soul, it became Italian reliability with Jap soul.... a flop [:(]

I believe many/most Japanese cars are designed dedicated for usage by Japanese housewives fetching children to school. Followed by marketing and returning home.

Many/most Italian cars are designed dedicated for usage by the men who drive long distances to work (including emergency vehicles). I only drove an Italian car into a circuit, not a Japanese car.

my fren took his Italian 'mistress' to the track, she overheated.....

closest i can think of is nissan 370Z. Japanese reliability somewhat there la and it's v6 NA engine shouldn't be as problematic compare to GTR in terms of maintenance, servicing etc. Styling quite there and i dare say better looking than s2000, rx8.

alternatively you can buy an alfa romeo 159 and swap a k20A engine in. Just saying.

I think current Alfa isn't that bad in terms of reliability. The giulietta is beautiful & affordable.

I think the S/RS5 (especially the RS5) is also damn beautiful, & piratical, especially the sport-back version. It should be fairly reliable too.

The GT-R as mention by many folks here. I believe it has decent reliability (as long as you do not do silly mods, or overwork the car, especially in SUnny Singapore's Tropical climate) & of course fast. The look is love or hate.

↡ Advertisement