Scb11980

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have tattoos?

• Yes - but I wish I didn't
    • Yes - and I love them
    • No - and I wouldn't consider
    • No - but with a nice design I would consider
    • Yes - and my gf / wife / FWB finds it sexy

When old, the skin willl change. Dragon may really become just one blury snake.

I think.

This is a pretty awesome artsy stuff by the way...

These guys call it Ink Mapping.

What’s cooler looking than tattoos? Tattoos that can move. Check out this awesome “ink mapping” by Oskar & Gaspar. They map a person’s body and transform their tattoos into kick ass animations that incorporate the tattoos’ original design. Basically, a person’s skin becomes the canvas for moving art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNvqyc3mKPY

EDIT: Awesome soundtrack as well!

Edited by ins1dious

This is a pretty awesome artsy stuff by the way...

These guys call it Ink Mapping.

What’s cooler looking than tattoos? Tattoos that can move. Check out this awesome “ink mapping” by Oskar & Gaspar. They map a person’s body and transform their tattoos into kick ass animations that incorporate the tattoos’ original design. Basically, a person’s skin becomes the canvas for moving art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNvqyc3mKPY

EDIT: Awesome soundtrack as well!

Some pretty cool stuff

• Praise 1

When old, the skin willl change. Dragon may really become just one blury snake.

I think.

ya...can see from those old timers sitting down at coffee shop, their time the tattoos are all 2 dimensional no complex shading, shadowing etc. now as they old their skin began to sags and everything comes together as a blob of black. The way I see it, when tattooing needs to plan the design well into old age, funny to see 40 years down the road some old man walking down the road with huge blobs of black on the both arms and legs.

Can you remember your favorite song this month twenty years ago?

No right?

Why tattoo? Really bad idea unless culturally significant.

can't really see any relevance. 

then again, why smoke ? unless horny ?? 

I stumble onto this thread about tattoos and now every bloody site I go to only talks about it... Anyway... following pics are a world of pain as far as I'm concerned  [:p]

What were they INKING? Tattoo fans show off their extreme bodywork at international festival in China celebrating the art
  • Ink artists from across the world attended the three-day international tattoo show in Nanning, China
  • Spectators gathered to take pictures of the contestants who were covered in weird and wonderful tattoos 
  • More than 100 top tattoo experts travelled from different countries to attend the annual event in the past 

By Katie Louise Davies For Mailonline

Published: 19:54 GMT, 25 October 2015 Updated: 22:33 GMT, 25 October 2015

Tattoo enthusiasts gathered in China to showcase their weird and wonderful body art at an annual festival which celebrates extreme bodywork. 

Ink artists attended the international tattoo show in Nanning, in China, a three-day event which brings body art aficionados together from all over the world. 

Contestants posed in underwear as they showed off their colourful designs on various parts of the body, while spectators gathered to take pictures. 

The festival also gave tattoo artists the chance to enhance their skills and work on new designs. 

In past shows more than 100 top tattoo experts have travelled from different countries, including France, Germany and the United Kingdom to attend the annual event. 

As well as the tattoo show, artists exchanged their experiences and designs. 

2DC4F19900000578-0-image-a-49_1445799684

Contestants pose in their underwear to show their tattoos at the annual international tattoo show in Nanning in south China

2DC4F12100000578-0-image-a-48_1445799674

Spectators gather to take pictures of heavily-tattooed visitors who gathered to show of their colourful and extreme designs at the three-day event 

2DC4F15D00000578-0-image-a-52_1445799691

A tattoo artist works on a man during the festival which saw body art enthusiasts travel from all over the world to attend 

2DC4F10D00000578-0-image-a-53_1445799698

One heavily-inked man stands with a woman whose back and tops of legs are covered in colourful designs, while a spectator takes a close look at the body art 

2DC4EF2E00000578-0-image-a-56_1445799708

A tattoo artist inks part of a man's back during the event which saw some of the top experts exchange ideas and designs  

2DC4F00D00000578-0-image-a-57_1445799749

A man wearing a pair of shorts bends his leg as a tattooist creates a new design on his calf, adding to an older piece of body art  

2DC4F02A00000578-0-image-a-60_1445799757

An artist wearing rubber gloves designs a new tattoo and draws on a man's arm as he works to extend an existing design

• Praise 1

More than anything else I am looking for a really good artist that can create my design for me...

I'm looking at something along the lines of this - the general idea is that the Ram is watching over and protecting the Tiger and Monkey (My star sign is Aries, my kids are a Tiger and a Monkey) ...

Problem is, while this is the general "mood" - it doesn't give me exactly what I'm looking for - the artist needs to be able to translate this into a design I am comfortable with. 

I also need a shop that gives me a sense of comfort - they know what they are doing and will do a good job. 

And yes - I'm past 40, and have been thinking about this for many years, so I don't think it is a fad for me...

attachicon.giftattoo.png

Just to add my experience

For my first tattoo, I requested this artist to design a ram’s head on the body of a Chinese or Japanese deity or demon since I was born in the year of the ram and wanted something unique but somewhat manly and aggressive.

He was rather reluctant and simply played along to entertain my request showing me a draft that was way off my expectations… Imagine, what I wanted was for the ram to “synergise” with the body and you would expect it to have a rather oriental and charismatically demonic aura to it.  What he shown me instead was a very westernised looking ram and it looks like a total joke, like a mischievous toddler charging down the street with a few limbs brandishing sables, axes and spears, etc…  Bear in mind, this artist was the up and coming, very talented one after Richard in Johnny 2 thumbs back then. I’m sure he is skilled and knowledgeable enough to understand what I wanted and I did expressed to him that I was willing to pay good money for his work. When I told him to redraw the design, he gave a lot of excuses and had an attitude problem.  I got fed up and decided to wait till Richard is free to get my tatt. I finally ended up getting a twin pair of eagles since Richard’s schedule is very tight and he can only give me simple off the book designs that only takes a day to work on.      

Subsequent, I ended up getting more tatts from Richard cos I liked his professionalism and attitude. I have since learned to be patient and one of my subsequent job includes a complicated six foot dragon that takes about 10 appointments over 2 months to complete

Lessons learned

1. Go to a good artist who doesn’t have a bitchy attitude (Yes, men can be bitchy too) don’t worry, even if he is good,  he will not be the only good one around, you will be spoilt for choice cos YOU are the consumer
  2. Different creatures may be difficult to integrate organically but in this day and age, I am sure the artists have evolved in view of more demanding consumer needs and wants  
  3. Do not be fed up or impatient and settle for something less (I should have waited till Richard is free to design my Ram)
  4. Make sure you have enough time for many appointments if you are looking for ambitious works. If you can only afford “one off” timings with the artist, then get a “one off” hassle free design.  

End of the day, these tatts stick with you for life. Personally, I regret getting some but not all of them, I cover them up but removing is not necessary.  So do exercise due discretion before doing it.

But hey, who says you aim to arrive into your coffin nicely preserved and neatly presented at the end, I am sure you rather come in all smoky and messed up yelling “that’s one hell of a ride!!!”

• Praise 1

For my first tattoo, I requested this artist to design a ram’s head on the body of a Chinese or Japanese deity or demon since I was born in the year of the ram and wanted something unique but somewhat manly and aggressive.

He was rather reluctant and simply played along to entertain my request showing me a draft that was way off my expectations… Imagine, what I wanted was for the ram to “synergise” with the body and you would expect it to have a rather oriental and charismatically demonic aura to it.  What he shown me instead was a very westernised looking ram and it looks like a total joke, like a mischievous toddler charging down the street with a few limbs brandishing sables, axes and spears, etc…  Bear in mind, this artist was the up and coming, very talented one after Richard in Johnny 2 thumbs back then. I’m sure he is skilled and knowledgeable enough to understand what I wanted and I did expressed to him that I was willing to pay good money for his work. When I told him to redraw the design, he gave a lot of excuses and had an attitude problem.  I got fed up and decided to wait till Richard is free to get my tatt. I finally ended up getting a twin pair of eagles since Richard’s schedule is very tight and he can only give me simple off the book designs that only takes a day to work on.      

Subsequent, I ended up getting more tatts from Richard cos I liked his professionalism and attitude. I have since learned to be patient and one of my subsequent job includes a complicated six foot dragon that takes about 10 appointments over 2 months to complete

Lessons learned

1. Go to a good artist who doesn’t have a bitchy attitude (Yes, men can be bitchy too) don’t worry, even if he is good,  he will not be the only good one around, you will be spoilt for choice cos YOU are the consumer
  2. Different creatures may be difficult to integrate organically but in this day and age, I am sure the artists have evolved in view of more demanding consumer needs and wants  
  3. Do not be fed up or impatient and settle for something less (I should have waited till Richard is free to design my Ram)
  4. Make sure you have enough time for many appointments if you are looking for ambitious works. If you can only afford “one off” timings with the artist, then get a “one off” hassle free design.  

End of the day, these tatts stick with you for life. Personally, I regret getting some but not all of them, I cover them up but removing is not necessary.  So do exercise due discretion before doing it.

But hey, who says you aim to arrive into your coffin nicely preserved and neatly presented at the end, I am sure you rather come in all smoky and messed up yelling “that’s one hell of a ride!!!”

Good Advice

I'm not going to do anything until someone can show me a design that appeals to me - even if that means I can't go to certain artists because they're not willing to do such a thing. 

Good Advice

I'm not going to do anything until someone can show me a design that appeals to me - even if that means I can't go to certain artists because they're not willing to do such a thing. 

Don't worry, there are lots of talented and willing artist around these days ... They have since evolved from the cover up and off the book days    [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Can you remember your favorite song this month twenty years ago?

No right?

Why tattoo? Really bad idea unless culturally significant.

Hands to my heart, I do remember my favourite songs 20 years ago. 
What may seem a bad idea to you dos not apply to all, live and let live in a world that is supposed to be inclusive. 

Lessons learned

Ya agree. Self proclaimed diva/god-like artists are turn offs. Afterall, tattoo artists are creative folks and creative folks do have their own quirks.

Richard too, has his own quirks but as least, he is humble, professional and willing to listen. We happen to hit off well. 
  • Praise 1

Got my tattoo yesterday. 

Didn't hurt as much as I expected, was more of an annoyance than anything else. 

Mostly happy with the results, just wish I had got it made bigger

• Praise 3

Got my tattoo yesterday.

Didn't hurt as much as I expected, was more of an annoyance than anything else.

Mostly happy with the results, just wish I had got it made bigger

As much as I would request Bro Staff69 to post his collections.....could you please post yours to justify the size?

• Praise 3

Wah!!! Monkey and tiger playing

On top is what?

Looks like a Mouflon

28476658_9c97f35096_o.jpg

So it's goat, tiger and monkey.

Must be the Chinese Zodiac of his 3 women at home... Guess guess only :D

• Praise 1

I am the old goat, 

"Protecting" the monkey and tiger...

English Zodiac I am Aries - the Ram, 

Next I have to enhance with a big big tiger - wifey and me Chinese Zodiac is tiger

Looks like a Mouflon

28476658_9c97f35096_o.jpg

So it's goat, tiger and monkey.

Must be the Chinese Zodiac of his 3 women at home... Guess guess only :D

Edited by Darryn
↡ Advertisement