Jam @ woodlands causeway coming back singapore

Freedomx10

I'm also puzzled. Today nothing to do so I check the LTA camera at the causeway at 3-4pm. Wah, the queue into Singapore very long. [sweatdrop]

from my personal experience return to singapore from malaysia:

- on sat, avoid 4-9pm (mainly jb people want go to singapore and s'pore people after shopping)

- on sun, avoid 7-10pm (mainly s'pore people after shopping+dinner)

↡ Advertisement

Kena the jam returning to spore too.......@ 1.30pm Sunday.

Usually sunday this timing wont jam one......... <_<

They open up the old checkpoint on the left to filter some cars there.....was one of them.

Not much checking of the car interior, but they take hell a long time to check the foreign passport tho........Something like 10 mins per foreign plate car. [:|]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

After scanning your passport, they will also ask you to scan your thumb print when coming back to Sillypore. [sleeping] To double-confirm you're the right person coming back sibo? [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool

Since Nov 2011, our SG Custom Officers not only check our passports & they also come personnally to all cars and check on each person on board of car (eye to eye contact) & then walk back for screening of our passports that too longer time than usual. By do so, they had actually got hold of a few smuggling cases lately which is also good for our nation too.

Welcome to the world grass checkpoint. They design and build the booths, but does not permit the officer to have a clear view of the vehicle. The fact is they are sitting and facing the wrong angle.

Better than they introduced the cutting edge security system using finger print scanning like our friend did...

just asking to see if anybody has returned from malaysia, wanna know approximately how long it takes to from the malaysia side until you clear singapore's immigration...

Please bear with the jam. I am sure you guys do not wish to see lax enforcement that allows people to illegally enter Singapore or bring in large amount of illegal stuff. It's for our own good. Ask yourself: if you were the officers, do you feel sian doing this day in day out? Surely the temptation is there to be lax? But I am glad they maintain a strict attitude [thumbsup]

Depends on how you see things. We may find it strict because Singapore scans every damn thing, almost like a control freak that wants to know your whereabouts. They do for incoming still acceptable, but for outgoing, don't see the purpose. If i leave sg, i'll definitely get the immigration chop at the other side.

Checking outgoing person is very necessary to catch overstayers and those who entered Singapore illegally. But hor, why they never check car boot lei?

Since Nov 2011, our SG Custom Officers not only check our passports & they also come personnally to all cars and check on each person on board of car (eye to eye contact) & then walk back for screening of our passports that too longer time than usual. By do so, they had actually got hold of a few smuggling cases lately which is also good for our nation too.

I never kena like this before lei.

the jam coz a lot of msian cars didint fill in immigration cards !!! They only get blank form from the officer then start to fill in coz caused e unnecessary jam!!!

Could be, but I believe they are not from JB because Johorians would have prepared the forms since they tend to cross into Sin frequently. Speaking of embarkation cards, I don't see any booths away from the checkpoint where visitors can get the forms and fill them up to avoid jamming the immigration booths. That's why I always siam MY cars bearing non-Johor plates.

Quoting Ms Saw's philosophy, "YOU HAVE A CHOICE..either you try to go in and wait like a monkey or ..YOu can stay at home.." :D

That's the reason for second link