"You are beautiful"

Sp33dst3r

Every ride is beautiful in e beholder's eyes indeed.

Although e smallabouts hv jet-like wings ready to soar, whilst physically firmly planted on e roads, e spirit within each boy racer or adult racer continues to leap and soar with each rising rpm.

Mods of performance parts or underperforming parts or decals or loud colours of body or rims is mindless pursuit to e old-at-heart (been there done that liao) but to the young-at-heart (some been there, done that but still hv itchy backside nt fully scratched or e first time/second time/third time owners of ride).....its mindless but who can explain affairs of the heart?

Some rides truly and beautifully done up. Some in e process of being "vandalised in an art-ful manner". Some already vandalised but provide light humour to break e dull sea of "stock rides" once in awhile.

These days, it takes a brave heart and deep pockets to really mod....brave becos it can mean insurance VOID anytime if insurer chun patterns. Deep pockets cos it is a path that seldom end with just "this one mod".......and antidote only effective if wallet emptied liao.

Truly, "you are beautiful" is a journey of passion with car owners that most if not all of us go thru or experienced, at least once in life.

[:p] [:p] [:p].........seen thru another pair rose tinted specs.

Safe ride

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some tribes consider their women beautiful with their neck stretched by 100 rings in a column (ie very long neck covered with these rings), some have their insert a flap in their lip....

But still, there are some fundamental 'principles' in terms of proportions and shape to define 'beauty' or at least basic 'acceptable' look eg hard to consider a car is beautiful if its boot is longer than the rest of the car! or the width of the car is half of its height etc etc.

If a car has a GT wing twice its width and wheels smaller than its headlights, something is wrong.

So far, even the most 'outrageous' body mods i have seen have not come close to 1% of the extremes above, so i guess whatever mods we can find, they are still 'acceptable'??

↡ Advertisement

Rice originally referred to ANY Japanese car, fast or not. It's an American origin term, and has racist roots, referring to the Japanese staple of rice; hence their cars become "rice burners", later "rice rockets", or simply "rice".

Then the more politically correct people started coming in and saying the term should only refer to Jap cars with all show and no go - i.e. big spoilers, undercar neons, fake CF, stupid kanji stickers, etc. but nothing under the hood to speak of. Except dumb noisemaking BOVs, maybe.

Then the even more PC crowd made the finishing touches by insisting a car of any make (non Jap, including American and Euro) can be called "rice" on the same basis.

Then some (half)wits came up with the backronym "RICE".

RICE - stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

This came later, as I said. It's a backronym.

I was a mod on a US car forum back in the day when these terms were still evolving. So I know what's what.

At some point, the US position became somewhat untenable when "four banger" turbo cars like the Dodge Neon SRT-4 started coming out specifically to compete with the ricers. They even have an ad campaign where this car is shown streetracing (and beating) a WRX. And retarded US kids with backwards-on baseball caps started putting horrid paint jobs, decals, park bench wings and garish undercar neons on their...well...Neons to rice them out.

While the term "RICE" may still go thru further evolution and may include more cars, the owners/drivers continue to enjoy 'RICING' and driving their RICE cars, and this is what counts --- the guys who own it, get to enjoy it... if it makes non-RICE pple snare at it and its owner, it doesnt really matter, naturally. :D

A guy can spend millions owning a genuine supercar so that he can enjoy it, the next guy can do the same (likely much less $$ involved) on his RICE and also enjoy it. It's the different sides of the same coin, in a way.