New or Resale in current Situation?

Redantckc

Hi Bro,

Please help.

I am planning to change my 6yr old jap car to a cont. Seems like many ppl are going for resale but when I look carefully, new car seems to make more sense.

eg. Golf new = ~$125k(ceo-50k) but 2yr old = ~$98k(coe-13k). So after some simple math, does NEW car seems to make more sense because I don't pay for others depreciation?

Like to get some advice if I am thinking straight before jumping in and drown.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Based on your illustrated case, you don't save much on the 2 year old.

Buy NEW! There is nothing like a brand new car.

Hi Bro,

Please help.

I am planning to change my 6yr old jap car to a cont. Seems like many ppl are going for resale but when I look carefully, new car seems to make more sense.

eg. Golf new = ~$125k(ceo-50k) but 2yr old = ~$98k(coe-13k). So after some simple math, does NEW car seems to make more sense because I don't pay for others depreciation?

Thanks

Hi Bro,

Please help.

Thanks

I agree with you .... I will go for new car as well as based in depreciation as the difference is not that great.

Assuming, OMV = 22k

Scrap (after 10 years) = 11k

Depreciation,

2009 car = 98-11k = 87/8 = 10.9k per year

2011 car =125k - 11k = 11.4k per year

S$500 per year is really nothing ... beside you will get a brand new car (new car smell) and warranty for first 3 years. IMHO, buying Y2009 cars are not worth it because of the low COE, paper value of the car is really nothing.

Hi Bro,

Please help.

Thanks

buy new if u can afford it....

nothing feels better than a new car...

the interior and the smell of new....

U cant see the diff for a 2 year old. In fact its dumb to buy one. [laugh]

Why dont u see further ? Like a 4 or 5 year old ?

Can easily half the new car costs. Spend a few k respray whole car and renew some wear and tear parts........

Wala.......u save 5 figure costs and the car looks brand new liao. ^_^

For the next 3 years, new car will depreciate like crazy even if you park permanently at the MSCP.

The resale car can reach break even point faster and at a lower costs too.

And last but not the least.......if new car kena accident, you sure heart pain like siao. [laugh]

Hi Bro,

Please help.

Thanks

U cant see the diff for a 2 year old. In fact its dumb to buy one. [laugh]

Why dont u see further ? Like a 4 or 5 year old ?

Can easily half the new car costs. Spend a few k respray whole car and renew some wear and tear parts........

Wala.......u save 5 figure costs and the car looks brand new liao. ^_^

Buying 4 or 5 year old also not worth. Cause the car is "old" and the car price at least range from about 40K to 50K! Imagine the original car price of that 4 or 5 year old car you are buying?! [rolleyes]

If you can or want to buy new buy new. If you buy used, buy a 2005 car. There would be 100 000 coes by 2015.

I doubt even by 2015 there would be 100 000 COEs, nobody can guarantee the COE will drop in 2015?! [rolleyes] Better get a used car which can tahan until at least 2017! :D

none of the above. keep the current car and continue until coe-ed. meanwhile keep marnie in pocket and wait for property bloodbath then cheong in for the spoils

just blame the govt.

coz u buy new also not worth it, u will be the stupid fool to pay 10 times more than others,

but u buy used, u will b the stupid fool who pay for other people depreciation.

owning car/s in Spore ord stupid [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement