Ban on idling engines

Jman888

Like that more hassle than just turning off the engine. Lol.

That's also correct. Btw, before warranty expires in one month's time, can get a new gearbox if this method helps wreck the old gbx, :-)

↡ Advertisement

I can see that there are plenty of people in our first world country with third world thinking.

Its such a shame. [:(]

.... and shamelessly third world.

For show nia, who catch? Ppl smoking in sheltered area NEA also nv catch.

They only like to catch those easy ones like speeding. Camp one corner can earn money Liao.

Top kpi:- make money

Last kpi:- save our environment

One of the reason we see trucks speeding even on lane 1 is

they are paid per trip. If the drivers had to pay for their own diesel

then I think they will switch off even at traffic light.

Human powered auto cut off at lights.

I think trucking companies can save thousands

if the driver just switch off when they are waiting to load.

:D

Agree!! Maybe the trucking bosses should just set a limit on fuel supply (based on trips/distances made) and if the driver exceeds it, driver must pay for the extra fuel for the trips!!!

• Praise 2

U need to open window what when aircon off haha

Why not allow freelancing xmm carry big big F1 grid umbrella to shelter you from hot sun?? I m sure you wont mind pay them say 5 dollars for that as long as they wear tight short skirt with tops optional?? This job even if locals wont do, we can import long legged xmm from northern china!!

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Agree!! Maybe the trucking bosses should just set a limit on fuel supply (based on trips/distances made) and if the driver exceeds it, driver must pay for the extra fuel for the trips!!!

I think now got more companies tracking these kind of stuff already. Recently got this device to track the company lorry. Can track how far it travel, where it went and idle for how long. Can even turn off the engine remotely.

• Praise 1

If NEA is really serious on idling vehicles, They can go to any schools to catch.

The nearest one to their HQ at newton will be ACS junior at Winstedt Road.

Or else they should just rescind the bill and stop their double standard crap.

• Praise 1

people drive truck so xin ku u still wanna make them pay from their own pockets. Really zek ark, PAP mentality. You will get your karma one. People do heaven see.

Edited by M3e92

people drive truck so xin ku u still wanna make them pay from their own pockets. Really zek ark, PAP mentality. You will get your karma one. People do heaven see.

Thank you for posting. Kekeke

Wow... you sibeh satki! [thumbsup]

What did NEA say?

cant remember details liao...is some standard templete that is not even replying my mail [mad] [mad]

Edited by Tigershark1976

I do that at times too. Especially when I just need to pop out a while to get something. Dun wanna leave my parents in the car without aircon. Haha Guilty as charged.

What if I am lost and looking for directions in my GPS which is in-built with my audio system? If I turn my engine off, i am effectively turning off my GPS. Will NEA penalize this kinda situation?

Twincharged

Its not asking them to pay for all the fuel ma. Only those that exceed the limit. Some of these drivers really take advantage of the company truck. Monitored one of them because the amount of fuel he used was unusually high and I noticed he drives all around Singapore everyday. Not just those places where he is supposed to be. Later found out that he was using the company truck for his personal errands as well. Even for delivery of his wife's blogshop items and some mass orders he organised online.

What if I am lost and looking for directions in my GPS which is in-built with my audio system? If I turn my engine off, i am effectively turning off my GPS. Will NEA penalize this kinda situation?

I don't think will get caught for that cuz hardly see the NEA people patrolling. Most of the times they only act when got people complain. If you idle there long enough for them to come down and summon you, I think your car's inbuilt GPS is really bad. lol.

Its not asking them to pay for all the fuel ma. Only those that exceed the limit. Some of these drivers really take advantage of the company truck. Monitored one of them because the amount of fuel he used was unusually high and I noticed he drives all around Singapore everyday. Not just those places where he is supposed to be. Later found out that he was using the company truck for his personal errands as well. Even for delivery of his wife's blogshop items and some mass orders he organised online.

I don't think will get caught for that cuz hardly see the NEA people patrolling. Most of the times they only act when got people complain. If you idle there long enough for them to come down and summon you, I think your car's inbuilt GPS is really bad. lol.

The in-built GPS comes in a package with my ICE, audio, reverse camera. It is actually better than a separate GPS. Only downside is that the engine is kept running to maintain the directions or map.

Twincharged

The in-built GPS comes in a package with my ICE, audio, reverse camera. It is actually better than a separate GPS. Only downside is that the engine is kept running to maintain the directions or map.

What I mean is that if you are just setting your GPS, I don't think it will take so long that there will be time for NEA to come down and summon even if people complain ma.

I do that at times too. Especially when I just need to pop out a while to get something. Dun wanna leave my parents in the car without aircon. Haha Guilty as charged.

Pls dont feel guilty about caring for the elderlys...

Supercharged

If NEA is really serious on idling vehicles, They can go to any schools to catch.

The nearest one to their HQ at newton will be ACS junior at Winstedt Road.

Or else they should just rescind the bill and stop their double standard crap.

The day NEA so on the bolah n dono how to write Mati is the day we will see vehicles @ RGS etc.

its also an offence in sg to let engine idle..but there is almost no enforcement..its another half-hearted attempt to "care" for the environment

http://www.reach.gov.sg/YourSay/Discussion...%5B%5B306%5D%5D

It is good to speak about, but pls do not stir it up, there are others who rely on it heavily.

For show nia, who catch? Ppl smoking in sheltered area NEA also nv catch.

They only like to catch those easy ones like speeding. Camp one corner can earn money Liao.

[smash] If real want to catch idling engine, PLS ask enforcement opicer go and catch those irresponsible smoker who carry out the activities within smoking limits and has no sense of respect for non-smoker.

I surely support. Talk about smoke idling, might as well given them 10 ciggies and blow all in/ out together- Thy will choke to death. LOL !

↡ Advertisement