New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Bad for sperm count... prospective fathers beware! :D

Oic.... Good things cars sold here don't come with it, else couples stop at zero instead of two..... Heng!!

Got the XV 1.6 on 5th of April, 1 day after my baby boy came out. The mileage is 1700km now. Just got the 1st service done in the Motor Image Leng Kee, the service is good, friendly guy... The fuel efficiency is not impressive but is considered good for this big car. 6.4-8L/100km in routine working route (admiralty to buoana vista), 7.8L/100km on Malaysia Highway (Sg-Yong Peng, Johor). Good handling, acceptable noise level, stable on high speed, no complain. I will consider this is a good buy~ :D

• Praise 1

Got the XV 1.6 on 5th of April, 1 day after my baby boy came out. The mileage is 1700km now. Just got the 1st service done in the Motor Image Leng Kee, the service is good, friendly guy... The fuel efficiency is not impressive but is considered good for this big car. 6.4-8L/100km in routine working route (admiralty to buoana vista), 7.8L/100km on Malaysia Highway (Sg-Yong Peng, Johor). Good handling, acceptable noise level, stable on high speed, no complain. I will consider this is a good buy~ :D

nice review....great car!

Neutral Newbie

Hi Ruennchai,

How is your XV right now after another 7 months on the road? I'm also considering this one.

Thanks for feedback and update.

Edited by Ehlim
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The 2L version is going for RM144k nett on the road. Yes, it is assembled in Malaysia.

Thanks for the info. I'm more keen to get feedback from current owners of Subaru XV 1.6.

Please help to provide more info.

I have been driving Subaru XV for near to 2 years.

The experience of driving this car had been good, but till last Thus (30 Jan 14), I went through the terrified experience on the highway.

When I was driving on the highway, near to Yong Peng, JB, at the speed of 110 km/hr (departed from JB), suddenly there was a huge and sharp boom sound came from the front car. And my steering went uncontrolled and the car couldn't propel, and the break went unstable. Fortunately it was around 3am and there wasn't much cars around me, otherwise, I couldn't have written this message anymore. There was no smoke, not tyre puncture, and car engine seemed normal physically.

FYI, my car was sent for service at Subaru Service Center, Leng Kee street on 7 Jan 2014.

I am quite puzzled and wondering whether any of the Subaru XV owner has experienced this malfunction before.....

My car is back to Subaru Service Center and still under inspection now.

Sigh.. missed my holiday and gathering with family members for this CNY...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The experience of driving this car had been good, but till last Thus (30 Jan 14), I went through the terrified experience on the highway.

When I was driving on the highway, near to Yong Peng, JB, at the speed of 110 km/hr (departed from JB), suddenly there was a huge and sharp boom sound came from the front car. And my steering went uncontrolled and the car couldn't propel, and the break went unstable. Fortunately it was around 3am and there wasn't much cars around me, otherwise, I couldn't have written this message anymore. There was no smoke, not tyre puncture, and car engine seemed normal physically.

FYI, my car was sent for service at Subaru Service Center, Leng Kee street on 7 Jan 2014.

I am quite puzzled and wondering whether any of the Subaru XV owner has experienced this malfunction before.....

Oh dear....then how you manage to bring it back to Singapore at 3am in the middle of NSH ?

Anyway, you can always have your gathering at another time. What's important is that no one is hurt in this incident....

Edited by TVT

arrggh, seldom a car will have this unknown things can happen tats y no people will highlight it out.

mmm did u buy showroom or test drive car? cos sometime if the car put it in a showroom for too long is not good for the car's health...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1