New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Updates:

I called up the customer service today morning again for the possible arrangement like providing me a car during these few days since it's their negligence and incapability to do a good job in the car checking/servicing. Why I got this feeling because there was a past incident happened prior to this --> After checking my invoices/doc, my car was sent for service on 17 Jan 2013, then 4 days later I have to send my car back to the service center again due to some problems beow:

1) Hill Assist Indicator light 2) Abs Indicator 3) Vehicle Dynamic Control Indicator were on, and the brake system turned unstable. As a result, the customer service officer told me that there was a plug spoiled. Why all these new malfunctions always happened just after the service [confused]

I called up the manager in today's afternoon to express my frustrations and dissatisfaction. The Manager said my case is the 1st ever case happend in SG. Thus I suggested to them to bring up this matter to the Japan side as I quoted them a similar example happened in Australia. And an hour later, I received a call back from the customer service officer with the following replies:

• The Australia subaru case is different as the driver's seat is at the left. Sg one is at the right and thus he said can't be compared. (Honestly, I am very doubtful on that as the technology is the same to me, any bros here can shed some lights on this)

• Subaru is willing to provide a courtesy car while my car is under repair.

• Subaru is NOT willing to compensate on the towing fee from JB to Sg (S$428) albeit I was told by the customer service that it is their panel towing company. The customer service officer also said the towing fee can be billed to Subaru. However, it turned out that the towing company was reluctant to tow my car to SG if I do not pay them first. He also said I can always settle with Subaru later. Given my situation I have no choice but to follow what the towing company said and trust that it can be billed to Subaru subsequently. Nonetheless, in the end, Subaru Sg doesn't recognise this.

• Subaru might not want to compensate on the repair fee as he said that my car's warranty was just over for a month [:|] (Given my case, I feel that it is the SG Subaru's negligence to service my car or manufacturing fault especially after reading some posts and example by some bros here)
I also told them that incident happened (engine stalled) when the car was at 110km/hr and told them to do thorough check on my car after repair, esp at the speed of 110km/hr). To my surprise,the customer service officer told me that they have no opportunity and capability to test the car at the speed of 110 km/hr in Sg. Frankly, I am very unsatisfied with this reason.
Till today, no progress and answer from Subaru SG on what goes wrong with my car!
I am clueless and worried even my car is repaired finally, since they do not have the capability to test my car at 110 km/h, it will be very dangerous to me and the passengers. After all, I almost got killed/injured due to this engine stalled issue.

Tell the manager wake up,Australia same RHD as S'pore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Actually Motor Image & Tan Chong no more good mechanics,good ones all run away...all the "New birds" cannot do high performance cars like Legacy Turbo...Sti,my 370z send in Tan Chong did a Auto tranmission fluid change,turn out even poorer performance before the oil change,tell them off,they said it is normal,they even used the wrong oil for the rear diff,supposed to use LSD oil,but they put in normal gearoil...now the car drive like a "open diff"..damm.

Actually Motor Image & Tan Chong no more good mechanics,good ones all run away...all the "New birds" cannot do high performance cars like Legacy Turbo...Sti,my 370z send in Tan Chong did a Auto tranmission fluid change,turn out even poorer performance before the oil change,tell them off,they said it is normal,they even used the wrong oil for the rear diff,supposed to use LSD oil,but they put in normal gearoil...now the car drive like a "open diff"..damm.

Now i know why my car got new problem comes up after previous service. This engine stall is a big problem, how I can trust the new mechanics to do a good job? !!

seems that Japs insistence of using CVT on bnb models up to sub 2 litre could be pushing some J supporters to the Koreans.

Meanwhile, Koreans appear to maintain a clean cut away from CVT. Maybe coz they want to differentiate themselves from the Japs this way & also don't want the risk of making any boo boos with CVTs.

As Subs are boxers, guess they cant leverage on the 7 speed CVT that Altis/Auris/Estima uses (due to incompatibility of designs ?)

CVT so bad? Thought CVT no new in the market, and mitsubishi has been using CVT for their cars very long?
  • Praise 1

CVT so bad? Thought CVT no new in the market, and mitsubishi has been using CVT for their cars very long?

Needs TLC. I have came across articles that mentioned recommended change of CVTF at 16000 miles / 24000km, as opposed to the typical 40k km for AT.

And must use CVTF, cannot use ATF.

My mech also told me cvt is needs more tlc than AT, just like AT needs more tlc than MT.

The upside is that its supposedly even more frugal than AT.

The Invecs III cvt on GLX & Lancer EX 2.0 have lotsa negative feedback.

Though sometimes its the owner;s fault for treating their cvt like a AT, but the general consensus is that its not good to play pick up with CVT. The starter clutch will upz very fast.

Stop go traffic also not good for cvt. jdm can afford it as due to their tax system & the japs change cars like underwear.

Sorry to say, drove manual, DSGs, auto and CVTs. Felt CVTs are the worse of the lot, totally no feel or control. It is just like a brain dead driving. Other than good fuel savings, I can't see CVTs as good transmission. Lane change or overtaking simply got no power. It just not efficient in transferring the power effectively due to it's slippage (without gears). It's a high maintenance gearbox, probability of it failing when reaches high mileages is high. Yet more Japanese makes are using it. The new Nissan Sentra (Sylphy in local term), has registered quite a few problems with their CVTs in US.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

Updates:

I called up the customer service today morning again for the possible arrangement like providing me a car during these few days since it's their negligence and incapability to do a good job in the car checking/servicing. Why I got this feeling because there was a past incident happened prior to this --> After checking my invoices/doc, my car was sent for service on 17 Jan 2013, then 4 days later I have to send my car back to the service center again due to some problems beow:

1) Hill Assist Indicator light 2) Abs Indicator 3) Vehicle Dynamic Control Indicator were on, and the brake system turned unstable. As a result, the customer service officer told me that there was a plug spoiled. Why all these new malfunctions always happened just after the service [confused]

I called up the manager in today's afternoon to express my frustrations and dissatisfaction. The Manager said my case is the 1st ever case happend in SG. Thus I suggested to them to bring up this matter to the Japan side as I quoted them a similar example happened in Australia. And an hour later, I received a call back from the customer service officer with the following replies:

• The Australia subaru case is different as the driver's seat is at the left. Sg one is at the right and thus he said can't be compared. (Honestly, I am very doubtful on that as the technology is the same to me, any bros here can shed some lights on this)

• Subaru is willing to provide a courtesy car while my car is under repair.

• Subaru is NOT willing to compensate on the towing fee from JB to Sg (S$428) albeit I was told by the customer service that it is their panel towing company. The customer service officer also said the towing fee can be billed to Subaru. However, it turned out that the towing company was reluctant to tow my car to SG if I do not pay them first. He also said I can always settle with Subaru later. Given my situation I have no choice but to follow what the towing company said and trust that it can be billed to Subaru subsequently. Nonetheless, in the end, Subaru Sg doesn't recognise this.

• Subaru might not want to compensate on the repair fee as he said that my car's warranty was just over for a month [:|] (Given my case, I feel that it is the SG Subaru's negligence to service my car or manufacturing fault especially after reading some posts and example by some bros here)
I also told them that incident happened (engine stalled) when the car was at 110km/hr and told them to do thorough check on my car after repair, esp at the speed of 110km/hr). To my surprise,the customer service officer told me that they have no opportunity and capability to test the car at the speed of 110 km/hr in Sg. Frankly, I am very unsatisfied with this reason.
Till today, no progress and answer from Subaru SG on what goes wrong with my car!
I am clueless and worried even my car is repaired finally, since they do not have the capability to test my car at 110 km/h, it will be very dangerous to me and the passengers. After all, I almost got killed/injured due to this engine stalled issue.
That is the problem with the authorised service sector in Singapore, totally no passion at all in helping to resolve issues. Just push the blame. And come on, Australia driving is on the Left Hand side? That is just pure ignorant!

stop-start traffic = best transmission = manual gearbox.

Any situation, manual is the best. Good control, power delivery. Fuel economy is based on how the driver's drive the car. Maintenance? Basically the cheapest and needs the least of care.

• Praise 2

Updates:

Wah lao!!! [mad] superised

Are you sure it was replied by Subaru service Manager?

The manager even doesn't know AUS and SG is same RHD [dizzy]

who dare to buy Subaru car in future, take care yourselves for Subaru owners

• Praise 1

Wah lao!!! [mad] superised

Are you sure it was replied by Subaru service Manager?

The manager even doesn't know AUS and SG is same RHD [dizzy]

who dare to buy Subaru car in future, take care yourselves for Subaru owners

No, it was the Customer Service Officer, not the manager...

• Praise 1

so did they rectify the problem/s for the stalling of the engine and towing from msia?

if your ride is under warranty and if u service your ride with them, i dun see they can come out lame excuses that simi msia lah, not their covered area lah... etc

even hyundai also honour the towing from msia if their cars under warranty breaks down in msia.

• Praise 1

so did they rectify the problem/s for the stalling of the engine and towing from msia?

if your ride is under warranty and if u service your ride with them, i dun see they can come out lame excuses that simi msia lah, not their covered area lah... etc

even hyundai also honour the towing from msia if their cars under warranty breaks down in msia.

I would say, it all depends on the T&Cs. Towing should be owner's account and responsibility in most instances.

Eeven AA membership towing also limited to (6 tows a year) Singapore only though for MY, they will assist you at your own's expense.

Yesterday, went to service center personally.

I was told that my car analysis report has been sent to Japan Subaru for their attention and waiting for their response.

did they provide replacement car for your transport?

i know people from tan chong. who you spoke to? PM me

Yesterday, went to service center personally.

I was told that my car analysis report has been sent to Japan Subaru for their attention and waiting for their response.

• Praise 1

Hi - sorry to hear this piece of news from you.

As I am getting my 1.6XV soon - is there any major issue that I need to pay attention too during my run-in ride - thank you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1