New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

depend whether they already meet quota or hard up for sales.

also whether you already drive hard bargain on trade in for existing car or for discount of car price.

if they are hard up they can give solar film (lower quality type), black vue camera, 3m-type floor mats, rubber tray for boot, perhaps rear bumper top rubber protection strip.

based on what you say, this sales man seem not too hard up for the sale.

also note that if you are former Tan Chong / Motor Image customer, there is supposed to be at least $500 loyal customer discount.

i also think the same, maybe my SA already meet quota... Suay ... dont think i can change SA ..right ? I do have car to trade in.. the price offer was so-so as my car was a 8 yrs old altis ...  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

↡ Advertisement

i also think the same, maybe my SA already meet quota... Suay ... dont think i can change SA ..right ? I do have car to trade in.. the price offer was so-so as my car was a 8 yrs old altis ... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

What is your so so trade in price for your Altis? I think the lock in period for SE is one month.

i also think the same, maybe my SA already meet quota... Suay ... dont think i can change SA ..right ? I do have car to trade in.. the price offer was so-so as my car was a 8 yrs old altis ... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

What is your so so trade in price for your Altis? I think the lock in period for SE is one month.

Freebies ... No. Got around 2K less from printed price due to taking loan from the "preferred" financial org......

2k less from pricelist, that will be sweet.... making XV sweeter... haaa.... as much as I like forester, it's 2l, which means higher road tax, higher insurance (I think), higher fc..... bleh..... got the urge to go test drive... haaaa Edited by Nlatio

yo bro, mind to share ...any freebies or offer from your SE? I was planning to place order ... but my SE die die stick to the selling price on list with no any additional freebies nor offer ....  :TT_TT:

First time I heard of such a SE... Usually will have at least a bit of room for negotiation...

Noted ~~ thanks bro. 

Will to nego with SA, if no others choice, i think will proceed the down payment tonight. looking forward to own a XV ~~ 

Best deal I could get 2 weeks ago was $4k off list price based on 6 bids non guaranteed. Net price was $113,800 for Forester and $107,800 for the XV.

Tried my best but did not manage to get any other freebies, unless you think a WRX brochure is a good snag  [:p]. No further loyalty discount for my wife also driving Subaru that we bought from them too....

Initially some months ago I was planning on buying XV but for only top up $6k, the Forester seems a lot more spacious and powerful car, so ended up changing.

Even though I cut costs by buying non guaranteed they still got my COE at 1st bid and I am looking forward to getting my new car soon. (Driving my company spare old van since scrapping my previous ride in June. Every 100km driven need to top up 1.5 litre water into the radiator. Think the head gasket already gone to the afterlife... First Toyota Liteace Hybrid... 70% Petrol engine and 30% steam engine  :a-fun:

• Praise 1

Only 20k ... or shall i just wait for the coming Car@expo ? Nov 7....

Best deal I could get 2 weeks ago was $4k off list price based on 6 bids non guaranteed. Net price was $113,800 for Forester and $107,800 for the XV.

Tried my best but did not manage to get any other freebies, unless you think a WRX brochure is a good snag  [:p]. No further loyalty discount for my wife also driving Subaru that we bought from them too....

Initially some months ago I was planning on buying XV but for only top up $6k, the Forester seems a lot more spacious and powerful car, so ended up changing.

Even though I cut costs by buying non guaranteed they still got my COE at 1st bid and I am looking forward to getting my new car soon. (Driving my company spare old van since scrapping my previous ride in June. Every 100km driven need to top up 1.5 litre water into the radiator. Think the head gasket already gone to the afterlife... First Toyota Liteace Hybrid... 70% Petrol engine and 30% steam engine  :a-fun:

4k ? with the price only $107,800? super good deal bro.. but i believe that is before current coe bidding which went up , right ? 

Heard Subaru vehicles can be a petrol guzzler and also command high motor insurance premium... Am interested in this MIJ XV hence, would appreciate existing owners' advice on its FC and the insurance premium you are paying now. Understand FC will depend on one's driving style, urban/ highway usage, etc. but the sharing would provide a useful basis for consideration of this CUV.

Thanks a lot!

4K off is very good deal. Congrats...! Forester definely more powerful. For first time SUV/AWD buyer like me ... I decided to start from basics ... found XV more chic and easy to maneuver (and save som $$ in yearly running cost)... But for real SUV/AWD pleasure no doubt Forester..! [thumbsup]

First time I heard of such a SE... Usually will have at least a bit of room for negotiation...

scratch head now ... shall i just give it up this time round ? but seems next coe bidding will also went up ... my SA very iron teeth ... 

scratch head now ... shall i just give it up this time round ? but seems next coe bidding will also went up ... my SA very iron teeth ... 

i think 20k for your 8yr old Altis is on the low side.

2year old car got demand in the resale market.

Suggest you look at what price dealers are selling for a similar aged car like yours to make a gauge.

i think 20k for your 8yr old Altis is on the low side.

2year old car got demand in the resale market.

Suggest you look at what price dealers are selling for a similar aged car like yours to make a gauge.

just hav a phone conversation with my SE... he said the best price he can offer to my car is 22.5k ....  <_<

just hav a phone conversation with my SE... he said the best price he can offer to my car is 22.5k .... <_<

Why dont you try to sell the car yourself? Either to private buyer or to other second hand dealers? I think 2 year cars are in demand... Especially altis.

just hav a phone conversation with my SE... he said the best price he can offer to my car is 22.5k ....  <_<

Thanks too low in my opinion. Should be around 25k-28k. Can try sgcarmart

Neutral Newbie

Heard Subaru vehicles can be a petrol guzzler and also command high motor insurance premium... Am interested in this MIJ XV hence, would appreciate existing owners' advice on its FC and the insurance premium you are paying now. Understand FC will depend on one's driving style, urban/ highway usage, etc. but the sharing would provide a useful basis for consideration of this CUV.

Thanks a lot!

I currently own a 2.0 Forrester and so does my brother. My COE is expiring soon and I am thinking of the XV as a replacement for some of the reasons.

1. My nearly 9.6 months forrester is WORTHLESS on the export market. As its an uncommon vehicle

and very hard to get spares in countries like Africa.

2. My timing belt is due to change  - SGD$1500.00

3. My back suspension is leaking - SGD$2500.00

Pro

Much better fuel consumption (moderately better)

Good Price

COn

Still AWD - BUT NO SPARE TYRE - Once repaired - may probably have to throw away​

Price is good but MI will skin you alive on service charges on the parts that need to be replaced.

Subaru Suspension and disc brakes cost almost 2x more than Nissan cars because they

are custom produced for the car.

My other alternative is the Suzuki S CROSS 1.6 which has AWD with manual control

Same fuel consumption specs. AND has a FULL SIZE spare tyre

Around the same price as XV.

Still thinking what to do.

I currently own a 2.0 Forrester and so does my brother. My COE is expiring soon and I am thinking of the XV as a replacement for some of the reasons.

1. My nearly 9.6 months forrester is WORTHLESS on the export market. As its an uncommon vehicle

and very hard to get spares in countries like Africa.

2. My timing belt is due to change  - SGD$1500.00

3. My back suspension is leaking - SGD$2500.00

Pro

Much better fuel consumption (moderately better)

Good Price

COn

Still AWD - BUT NO SPARE TYRE - Once repaired - may probably have to throw away​

Price is good but MI will skin you alive on service charges on the parts that need to be replaced.

Subaru Suspension and disc brakes cost almost 2x more than Nissan cars because they

are custom produced for the car.

My other alternative is the Suzuki S CROSS 1.6 which has AWD with manual control

Same fuel consumption specs. AND has a FULL SIZE spare tyre

Around the same price as XV.

Still thinking what to do.

Bro, i suppose you mean 9 years 6 months when you say 9.6 above? 

Was looking at S cross also initially but later cross out because made in Hungary.  My personal criteria was for a made in Japan car. 

Ended up ordering an XV.  Hope it turns out to be a right choice.