New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Hi everyone, I finally signed for the XV after considering it for a few months.  Gathered several feedback, did my researches, took a couple of test drives to be convinced of its handling both in dry and wet weather, overall ride comfort and the relatively spacious cabin interior. 

Joining the fellowship.

Regards.

• Praise 2

Hi everyone, I finally signed for the XV after considering it for a few months.  Gathered several feedback, did my researches, took a couple of test drives to be convinced of its handling both in dry and wet weather, overall ride comfort and the relatively spacious cabin interior. 

Joining the fellowship.

Regards.

Congrats.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Hi everyone,

Signed for non guarantee 8 bids today.

I asked to opt out of in house window tinting but was told no rebate for opting out. Front windshield cannot apply window tint and my car usually park under the sun everyday. Looks like I need to use the sunshade again after long long time.

My current ride still have 7 more mths to go so I am praying coe bidding not successful so soon.

Thanks

• Praise 1

Love Subaru, thinking about retiring my old forester, maybe getting this one  [rolleyes]

if you don't need the size of Forester then this will suffice.

of cos if you are driving XT, be prepared to change your driving habit as XV takes longer to speed up. though i felt that it's still reasonable (coming from leggy 2.5GT) but of cos dun expect effortless surge...

and lose the sunroof cos' only Impreza has that  :a-bang:

just that mod options also minimal, though you still have STi strut bar haha...

seems like cannot upgrade rear brake due to electronic parking brake. Front may need some work to get Brembo on, not direct fit... but it's just 150BHP so maybe sports tyres with better pads will suffice...

Hi everyone,

Signed for non guarantee 8 bids today.

I asked to opt out of in house window tinting but was told no rebate for opting out. Front windshield cannot apply window tint and my car usually park under the sun everyday. Looks like I need to use the sunshade again after long long time.

My current ride still have 7 more mths to go so I am praying coe bidding not successful so soon.

Thanks

why not get earlier? at least you hope to secure at higher COE rather than lower right? also handover car earlier should mean more refund for insurance...

the XV windscreen should already be UV glass so even without tint will be ok for UV protection.

park under sun any tint also useless probably in the end, cause heat transfer through the roof will win....

• Praise 2

if you don't need the size of Forester then this will suffice.

of cos if you are driving XT, be prepared to change your driving habit as XV takes longer to speed up. though i felt that it's still reasonable (coming from leggy 2.5GT) but of cos dun expect effortless surge...

and lose the sunroof cos' only Impreza has that :a-bang:

just that mod options also minimal, though you still have STi strut bar haha...

seems like cannot upgrade rear brake due to electronic parking brake. Front may need some work to get Brembo on, not direct fit... but it's just 150BHP so maybe sports tyres with better pads will suffice...

why not get earlier? at least you hope to secure at higher COE rather than lower right? also handover car earlier should mean more refund for insurance...

the XV windscreen should already be UV glass so even without tint will be ok for UV protection.

park under sun any tint also useless probably in the end, cause heat transfer through the roof will win....

I think coe will go north for the next few mths and if I can drive my current ride expiring in Aug longer which I am trading in at 2k above scrape value I save. However yes coe might go south and I might incurr paper lost.

Hi Folks! 

intending to sell my existing ride (Nissan Qashqai 2.0 - 2009), for the Subaru XV 1.6 (2017 version) as part of the downgrade.

(Lower Road tax, lower insurance, better FC). 

any commonly known issues yet for the XV? 

Hi Folks! 

intending to sell my existing ride (Nissan Qashqai 2.0 - 2009), for the Subaru XV 1.6 (2017 version) as part of the downgrade.

Bro,no more 1.6,get the 2.0,comes with eyesight,much more better and not ex 

• Praise 1

Bro,no more 1.6,get the 2.0,comes with eyesight,much more better and not ex

i saw a 1.6L XV (2017 version) under used car category (resale) only a few months old.

The reason why i giving up 2.0L cause of the road tax and insurance.

i saw a 1.6L XV (2017 version) under used car category (resale) only a few months old.

I don't it is worth to paid slightly less for road tax and insurance and loss the enjoyment of a 2L XV.

Hi Folks! 

i don't think you can take the 30bhp cut from your Qashqai. underpowered to have the 1.6 matched to XV.

the quality of previous version vs current is also miles apart.

also, won't you wonder why anyone would sell car just a few months of owning it???????

I think coe will go north for the next few mths and if I can drive my current ride expiring in Aug longer which I am trading in at 2k above scrape value I save. However yes coe might go south and I might incurr paper lost.

just went further south today 42k

Edited by Sarion

congrats , what is the deal price and freebies that come along ?

Thanks. Since I'm still having a car, chose the 8-bid non-guaranteed package, at $101,800.  Really, no freebies at this price.

Thanks. Since I'm still having a car, chose the 8-bid non-guaranteed package, at $101,800. Really, no freebies at this price.

Did you secure your COE this round?

Bro,if I not wrong the sgcarmart few months old is a old model(the blue one?),the old and lastest version is world apart.And with the new drop in coe today,think can get 2.0L below 100K!

Edited by Aero39

Did you secure your COE this round?

Hi Tim, read that you signed for it too.  Congrats!

Nope, didn't got it this time round, but it was pretty close.  

Bro,if I not wrong the sgcarmart few months old is a old model(the blue one?),the old and lastest version is world apart.And with the new drop in coe today,think can get 2.0L below 100K!

Thanks bud, yes that's the one (Blue - 1.6L by Des&Co.)

btw car sold today lols.

2.0L really high maintenance sia

↡ Advertisement