New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

agree... drive a 265bhp car previously surely this will feel more sluggish.

but compare it to a VIOS or LATIO this won't be sluggish.

Vios is not sluggish at all and for manual actually faster 0-100 compared to many car in the market including xv,

You try X-trail then you can tell what sluggish mean.

Edited by kr_mcf
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Vios Good fast pick up ...

But no top end .........

Out run a vios at 120-140km/h

Car still stable

Edited by Meemee

Vios Good fast pick up ...

But no top end .........

Out run a vios at 120-140km/h

Car still stable

i won't wanna crash in a Vios...

does it even have a safety rating?...

• Praise 1

i won't wanna crash in a Vios...

does it even have a safety rating?...

Indeed Subaru sets very high standards for safety

Great work by them

If only if they could be better in fuel efficiency and reliability then it would be a very very good brand

Other than that if safety is your major concern Subaru is trustable

• Praise 2

I guess it rather hard to find a car with

Power yet good fc....

And with all the goodness inside ....

Yet remain affordable .....

Engineer will bust the RND Budget

tl2I409J_o.jpg

The 3rd break light cover came off, no damage to the exterior. Went to service center just now, they want $90++ for replacement, no including $80+ for labour. They claimed its user's fault!  [mad] WTF!

I collected the car on 7th Jan, mileage is 23xxKM, 1st service was 2nd of this month. We only noticed this 3 days ago in Muar, about 200KM north from causeway. Likely explanation is the cover flew off when we were travelling at 110+km/h for 2 hours.

I'm only disappointed with the QC of Subaru/Motor Image but really tulan the service centre dare to claim its user fault when there wasn't any damage to the breaklight surrounding or the light itself.

Is Motor Image that cheapskate and thick skin? What else can I do beside Fking them and make a scene then LL? 

• Praise 1

tl2I409J_o.jpg

The 3rd break light cover came off, no damage to the exterior. Went to service center just now, they want $90++ for replacement, no including $80+ for labour. They claimed its user's fault! [mad] WTF!

I collected the car on 7th Jan, mileage is 23xxKM, 1st service was 2nd of this month. We only noticed this 3 days ago in Muar, about 200KM north from causeway. Likely explanation is the cover flew off when we were travelling at 110+km/h for 2 hours.

I'm only disappointed with the QC of Subaru/Motor Image but really tulan the service centre dare to claim its user fault when there wasn't any damage to the breaklight surrounding or the light itself.

Is Motor Image that cheapskate and thick skin? What else can I do beside Fking them and make a scene then LL?

Hi Epos,

Did you pay them in the end ??

My fxt at 1.5 yr old 34k km had undercarriage rattling sound and MI found bracket of exhaust broke.

They wanted to charge sgd60 I think cos it could be because I lowered the car ... I reminded them that it is Subaru's own pink spring and laughed a bit jokingly with the SE and got it repaired under warranty.

Hence my query if you paid in the end and guess cannot be helped if you did .. I would not have paid for my case.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi Epos,

Did you pay them in the end ??

My fxt at 1.5 yr old 34k km had undercarriage rattling sound and MI found bracket of exhaust broke.

They wanted to charge sgd60 I think cos it could be because I lowered the car ... I reminded them that it is Subaru's own pink spring and laughed a bit jokingly with the SE and got it repaired under warranty.

Hence my query if you paid in the end and guess cannot be helped if you did .. I would not have paid for my case.

Cheers.

Richard

I haven't cause the price is too high for a plastic cover. not to mention (IMO) its manufacturer QC issue than user fault. I'm gonna ask a explanation from the SA, may even go to CASE. 

Not that I can't afford the price but really tulan when they just push everything to user, that's some shitty customer service.

Wish me luck, thanks for the reply.

I haven't cause the price is too high for a plastic cover. not to mention (IMO) its manufacturer QC issue than user fault. I'm gonna ask a explanation from the SA, may even go to CASE.

Not that I can't afford the price but really tulan when they just push everything to user, that's some shitty customer service.

Wish me luck, thanks for the reply.

Hey epos,

Aaaah .. good that you did not and yes, best wishes thst all ends well and you claim under warranty.

If SE cannot give you a positive answer, ask nicely to see his supervisor and then manager if needed.

Not sure if becos of my silver hair but I had bad noisy left bearing with 5k for my forester xt but changed bbk and rim which they asked me to put back stock to further test to claim warranty which is not viable.

I proposed I will pay if changed bearing still did not resolved noise but have warranty if noise is gone .. they agreed, proceeded, no more sound and all ended well.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hey epos,

Aaaah .. good that you did not and yes, best wishes thst all ends well and you claim under warranty.

If SE cannot give you a positive answer, ask nicely to see his supervisor and then manager if needed.

Not sure if becos of my silver hair but I had bad noisy left bearing with 5k for my forester xt but changed bbk and rim which they asked me to put back stock to further test to claim warranty which is not viable.

I proposed I will pay if changed bearing still did not resolved noise but have warranty if noise is gone .. they agreed, proceeded, no more sound and all ended well.

Cheers.

Richard

Yeah, heard from my father--he went there--they even claimed the cover might be stolen so not their problem.  [crazy] The cover is that easy to pull out? sigh. 

Really disappointed, non-existent customer service. Probably ask my sister to contact the SE, me really fed up with MI, don't think I would talk "nicely. lol

Thanks for the blessing.  :a-m1212:

• Praise 2

1. Important - u need to take out your sd card from your HU to update the maps;

2. go to https://subaru-ap.naviextras.com/shop/portal;

3. download the naviextras toolbox from the above website to your pc or laptop. Create an account then;

4. plug in the sd card from your hu and check for map updates and the toolbox will help u to update your map. Remember to backup your sd card first.

hope this help, btw the dumb Subaru manual gave the wrong website.

Hi all, there are some updates available . OS included .
  • Praise 1

Hi all, there are some updates available . OS included .

hmm? what update? only showing 2017 Q1 version of map as free update...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1