New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

How's the general fuel consumption?

Really tempting though if they can sell at 92k with 39k cat b coe.

Hopefully it goes lower when come drops further.

Its AWD.

Realistic fc is between 11-12km/l.

But ultimately still depends on your driving style, understanding of CVT and mastery of right leg

↡ Advertisement

i read that since subaru cars are awd, servicing will cost more?

but i'm wondering why so, simple oil changes of the gearbox oil and engine oil should be pretty much standard. any other special stuff that we should take note of?

currently driving a swift, usual oil changes in msia cost me RM50 labour apart from the cost of engine oil + gearbox oil + filter. 

How's the general fuel consumption?

Really tempting though if they can sell at 92k with 39k cat b coe.

Hopefully it goes lower when come drops further.

Nothing beats the join of driving ...

Forget the fc

but i'm wondering why so, simple oil changes of the gearbox oil and engine oil should be pretty much standard. any other special stuff that we should take note of?

currently driving a swift, usual oil changes in msia cost me RM50 labour apart from the cost of engine oil + gearbox oil + filter.

Can be done ..

Just buy the parts and change over there

Can be done ..

Just buy the parts and change over there

Turbocharged
(edited)

Test-driven this XV 2.0L eyesight model early this year.

Very solid feel vs similar compact suv eg Honda Vezel.

Feature packed - safety (eyesight, awd, subaru global platform etc), proven reliable engine and excellent road holding and driveability.

Competitive and attractive pricing for the lower end 2.0L suv/cross-over market niche.

Only drawback is only 380L of boot space and no driver electric seat. [important factors for me at that point in time]

With AWD, naturally FC is higher than normal 2-wheel drive cars.

[Just my recollection n thots]

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 2

After driving for around 9 months, my XV current FC is around 10.6 km/L. Not too bad. 

AWD are usually available in conti cars at price above $200k only....But you can get AWD from Subaru XV at less than $100k.

Subaru XV advantages are Subaru's signature good handling, AWD, Boxer Engine, Adaptive Cruise Control(ACC), Front Collision Prevention, top safety features with highest NCAP ratings, sporty look, affordable price at less than $100k.

Feature packed - safety (eyesight, awd, subaru global platform etc), proven reliable engine and excellent road holding and driveability.

Competitive and attractive pricing for the lower end 2.0L suv/cross-over market niche.

Only drawback is only 380L of boot space and no driver electric seat. [important factors for me at that point in time]

Indeed with smaller boot space but hey, the rear cabin leg space is amazing. I will rather sacrifice some boot spaces for my passengers to sit with comfort. And yes I do have a baby pram (folderable, travel type) in my car boot all the time with sufficient space for other stuffs. All these can be pre planned.

As for electric seat, unless you have more than 2 drivers on rotating basis, basically you only set for once.

Cheers.

Indeed with smaller boot space but hey, the rear cabin leg space is amazing. I will rather sacrifice some boot spaces for my passengers to sit with comfort. And yes I do have a baby pram (folderable, travel type) in my car boot all the time with sufficient space for other stuffs. All these can be pre planned.

As for electric seat, unless you have more than 2 drivers on rotating basis, basically you only set for once.

Cheers.

didn't someone already mentioned top up 3k for sunroof, electric seats and additional safety features?

that's like 300/yr over 10years, won't feel it one...

electric seats allow for minute adjustments vs manual seats.

as for boot size, yeah i can put in foldable mid-size wheelchair behind, so it ain't that small.

compare to CX-3 and you know what's small...

• Praise 1

(edited)

Test drove the xv over the weekends, nice solid car but didnt really enjoy the driving feel overall. Ride height was neither here nor there and I don't feel confident in the car at higher speeds.

Tested impreza after and it was a whole new different driving experience, probably due to it being a sedan and lower with better ground hold. Making turns were a breeze as compared to the body roll on xv.

Guess suv is out for me now. :(

Either way, the promotional price came with several t&c such as minimum 50k loan for 7 years, trade in, in house insurance. Pretty turned off and didnt even bother to go into negotiating.

Edited by makeanewcall
  • Praise 1

Test drove the xv over the weekends, nice solid car but didnt really enjoy the driving feel overall. Ride height was neither here nor there and I don't feel confident in the car at higher speeds.

Tested impreza after and it was a whole new different driving experience, probably due to it being a sedan and lower with better ground hold. Making turns were a breeze as compared to the body roll on xv.

Guess suv is out for me now. :(

Either way, the promotional price came with several t&c such as minimum 50k loan for 7 years, trade in, in house insurance. Pretty turned off and didnt even bother to go into negotiating.

there must be something wrong with the tyre pressure of the test car. i drive LegacyGT before i got my XV, seriously don't feel that much different. if you adjust ur seat lower in XV it will not feel that high and closer to sedan feel, cos not all like the higher seating position.

get a front strut bar to reduce body roll. the XV tyres are actually quite ok even at speed and cornering.

promo prices all usually need min loan sum and period anyway. but now have 5year warranty and also servicing (or 3year servicing?) which is very attractive already. and the latest version loaded up only 99.8k with sunroof and all other safety features similar to SK Forester, nothing much to complain. no other SUV in same size class comes close.

didn't someone already mentioned top up 3k for sunroof, electric seats and additional safety features?

that's like 300/yr over 10years, won't feel it one...

electric seats allow for minute adjustments vs manual seats.

as for boot size, yeah i can put in foldable mid-size wheelchair behind, so it ain't that small.

compare to CX-3 and you know what's small...

XV variant comes with Power Sliding, tilt adjustable SUNROOF, not moonroof as some people claimed. PERIOD.

post-78652-0-98471700-1561779362.jpg

• Praise 1

Just looked at the subaru XV over the weekend, they are offering quite a good price that’s a 2.0L

Only thing that concerns me is the fuel economy and reliability .

Are parts and repairs expensive for the XV?

Kind of a rare car so am curious how’s the ownership experience so far for current owners in terms of running costs

I was also a bit surprised at the acceleration or lack thereof for a 2.0L not sure if it was the way the CVT works.

Like the eyesight though

Fc is dependent on how your right foot behave and road condition

Mine avg per tank is about 700km.

I

Just looked at the subaru XV over the weekend, they are offering quite a good price that’s a 2.0L

Only thing that concerns me is the fuel economy and reliability .

Are parts and repairs expensive for the XV?

Kind of a rare car so am curious how’s the ownership experience so far for current owners in terms of running costs

I was also a bit surprised at the acceleration or lack thereof for a 2.0L not sure if it was the way the CVT works.

Like the eyesight though

same here tested both the xv and impreza. drive is really stable since its awd but the cvt really makes it a boring drive, floor it and you still don't feel the pull.

maintenance and reliability shouldn't be an issue. 

Pity that the trade in value from MI sucks.

Then dont trade with mi..

Do it outside..

Like I did mine

Neutral Newbie

Would like to ask XV car owners, currently driving an Elantra and looking to change new car. I have shortlisted a few cars, and would some comparisons and comments:

- Subaru XV (High Spec)

- Honda Civic

- Suzuki Vitara

How is the repair and maintenance costs of XV as compared to others?

Any other costs to compare?

How is the drive between these 3?

↡ Advertisement