New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

i dont know why some owners or prospective owners got the thinking if cannot put solar film is somewhat a deal breaker or even suggest insurance companies are being rigid.

your es is a sensor and any solar film is going to reduce the visibility by the approx % of your solar film vlt.

if you put smoke tint on your headlights the output also decrease right? that is the basis insurance companies are going with. you are doing a mod that will decrease the (safety) capabilities of your car. hence why some mods are deemed as illegal and even if legal insurance dont want to cover you.

if you so scared just put 90% vlt on the front and dont declare to your insurance. claim quietly and move on

↡ Advertisement

i dont know why some owners or prospective owners got the thinking if cannot put solar film is somewhat a deal breaker or even suggest insurance companies are being rigid.

your es is a sensor and any solar film is going to reduce the visibility by the approx % of your solar film vlt.

if you put smoke tint on your headlights the output also decrease right? that is the basis insurance companies are going with. you are doing a mod that will decrease the (safety) capabilities of your car. hence why some mods are deemed as illegal and even if legal insurance dont want to cover you.

if you so scared just put 90% vlt on the front and dont declare to your insurance. claim quietly and move on

Hi Bobby,

Since it was a deal breaker for me, pls let me explain ...

Mazda 6 while not as elaborate and others equally elaborate with such road safety advances or even more elaborate do not have this limitation .. sensors or camera or not.

If it as simple with insurance companies, what makes you think MI do not do it .. they have more legal power than you and me .. all consumers included while still wanting to sell their subarus with es ?

Don't declare and you risk no claim even if total loss and as said, I had unfortunate experience of no claim for total loss based on technicalities of non disclosure ... strut bar cited when my car was totally burnt without even need for them to investigate that fault was my other "mod" .. aftermarket hifi system.

Take care ...

Cheers.

Richard

I find it amusing that two cut out of approx. 25cm2 of solar film can be a deal breaker for .... a car. If like the car, even vw dsg will not deter buyer. This is overkill. Oh well, there are car owners that look into details. To me, both impreza and XV present very good buying proposition for any prospective car buyer.

Btw, does one put solar film or screen protector on their SLR lens? Haaa....

I find it amusing that two cut out of approx. 25cm2 of solar film can be a deal breaker for .... a car. If like the car, even vw dsg will not deter buyer. This is overkill. Oh well, there are car owners that look into details. To me, both impreza and XV present very good buying proposition for any prospective car buyer.

Btw, does one put solar film or screen protector on their SLR lens? Haaa....

Hi Sop,

Will be hahaha when insurance companies refuse your claim especially for total loss because you added solar film specifically not installed by MI and Subaru Japan warned against without your declaration and their acceptance.

If so simple a topic we think Subaru Japan with all their R&D dun know how to cut this 25cm2 hole .. hehehe !

Enjoy and cheers !

Richard

Richard, i probably did not express myself well. What I was trying to say was it is just two small holes without solar film, it is no deal breaker. Or did i get it wrong when it is the whole windscreen? With or without, i value the safety system more than that piece of plastic. The car dis not impress you to an extent to make you buy it. Thats all.

• Praise 1

Richard, i probably did not express myself well. What I was trying to say was it is just two small holes without solar film, it is no deal breaker. Or did i get it wrong when it is the whole windscreen? With or without, i value the safety system more than that piece of plastic. The car dis not impress you to an extent to make you buy it. Thats all.

Hi Sop,

Oops .. indeed I misread .. with apology.

For me it is a deal breaker without solar film on front windscreen .. I had to add 2nd layer to my 1st layer of 3M top ceramic one but my forester does have big glass.

I also did not accept MI making $ from me and not taking such risk with all their legal power even if subaru japan warned against ANY on windscreen .. and that I take such risk already experienced.

The impreza hatchback is nice and I do like awd at vfm price but yes, unknown then choice of mazda 6 executive has very nice interior.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

on the topic of Eyesight, has anyone had VEP stick done for entry into Malaysia?

any problem?

very hesitate to have it done due to Eyesight for obvious reasons.

50321172_2426884144052147_20921477489198

Edited by Vidz
  • Praise 1

Anyone changed their tyre for xv outside, what tyre brand and how much ?

Whats your requirement?

Are you looking at performance (better traction) or silence (better noise insulation) tyres?

on the topic of Eyesight, has anyone had VEP stick done for entry into Malaysia?

any problem?

50321172_2426884144052147_20921477489198

Fyi, Some pasted on headlight

Whats your requirement?

Are you looking at performance (better traction) or silence (better noise insulation) tyres?

I am looking at equivalent to stock tyre type, but the size like not common.

Whats your requirement?

really??? we can tell them where to paste?

understand it has to be pasted near canter of windscreen.

I am looking at equivalent to stock tyre type, but the size like not common.

You running on 17" or 18"?

17" = 225 60 r17

18" = 225 55 r18

While the profile is uncommon, there are few models out there to choose. Unless you want to change the profile slightly to the specific model you are looking at. The tyres shop will give better advise on this.

Goto marketplace to filter bases on your profile and checkout the price, review, installer.

Fyi, MI has tyres pkg from Bridgestone to Yokohama to Dunlop, to choose.

really??? we can tell them where to paste?

understand it has to be pasted near canter of windscreen.

You may visit Msia official tng rfid website for more info.

I guessed there is valid reason not to paste on center due to ES.

Anyone experiencing high pitch whining sound from the air con blower (at passenger side) of your XV? The same problem described here i think - https://www.subaruxvforum.com/threads/chirping-from-ac-fan.169814/page-3

As the passenger side dashboard bottom is not covered, there was suggestion to cover it up with the below part to muffle the sound. Anyone has any experience in this? https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-crosstrek-blower-motor-cover-p-3064.html

• Praise 1

Anyone experiencing high pitch whining sound from the air con blower (at passenger side) of your XV? The same problem described here i think - https://www.subaruxvforum.com/threads/chirping-from-ac-fan.169814/page-3

As the passenger side dashboard bottom is not covered, there was suggestion to cover it up with the below part to muffle the sound. Anyone has any experience in this? https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-crosstrek-blower-motor-cover-p-3064.html

If the sound is abnormal, i would suggest you to bring it back to MI (assuming still under warranty) and not buy a cover and live with it.

Unless sound is normal (after MI assess) then buy cover to reduce it noise make sense.

If the sound is abnormal, i would suggest you to bring it back to MI (assuming still under warranty) and not buy a cover and live with it.

Unless sound is normal (after MI assess) then buy cover to reduce it noise make sense.

Thanks.

I would still like to hear from anyone with experiences in rectifying with the sound or using the cover.

any problem?

https://mothership.sg/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/50321172_2426884144052147_2092147748919836672_n.jpg

I did, and they pasted the sticker right infront of the left camera. blocking the camera and thus, the eyesight.

emydqVVy_o.jpg

He realised it immedaitely after he pasted the sticker, instead of re-paste, he want us to come back another date to fix his stupid mistake.

Those strips are a PITA to remove. yet another day to be wasted for these incompetent morons.

• Praise 2

I did, and they pasted the sticker right infront of the left camera. blocking the camera and thus, the eyesight.

He realised it immedaitely after he pasted the sticker, instead of re-paste, he want us to come back another date to fix his stupid mistake.

Those strips are a PITA to remove. yet another day to be wasted for these incompetent morons.

did eyesight gave error alarm?

just be aware guys.

Other than on headlight, where interior can it be ?

emydqVVy_o.jpg

↡ Advertisement