New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Other than on headlight, where interior can it be ?

Either top left or right of the windscreen, where the original car cams are mounted. No issue with Eyesight there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

And the Malaysian authority is happy with that ?  I assumed you've fixed yours there.

Either top left or right of the windscreen, where the original car cams are mounted. No issue with Eyesight there.

Anyway, solar film for the windscreen is a must to have...

As weather now is burning hot..

So far my film has cause nothing for the ES to malfunction.. 

Hi Sop,

Oops .. indeed I misread .. with apology.

For me it is a deal breaker without solar film on front windscreen .. I had to add 2nd layer to my 1st layer of 3M top ceramic one but my forester does have big glass.

I also did not accept MI making $ from me and not taking such risk with all their legal power even if subaru japan warned against ANY on windscreen .. and that I take such risk already experienced.

The impreza hatchback is nice and I do like awd at vfm price but yes, unknown then choice of mazda 6 executive has very nice interior.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Anyway, solar film for the windscreen is a must to have...

As weather now is burning hot..

So far my film has cause nothing for the ES to malfunction..

Hi Zattan,

Indeed solar film needed in nice hot Singaporr especially big SUV windscreen but it is really not about ES malfunction or not but undeclared modification that may allow insurers to void your claim.

This is especially when subaru japan advises against it and MI refuses to install ... I do not think it is a good decision for individual owner to take up such risk .. we neither has the legal power they have or engineering know-how.

Try to declare to your insurer that you installed solar film on windscreen under pretence of wanting coverage will be more prudent but had not heard any owner sharing such success.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard,

What do you have to claim against window screen film? During accident?? Insurer?

1. When you buy the XV, its already stating that the ES is not 100% avoiding accident..

2. My personal experience is that insurance still valid with or without the film.. 

I do not see any risk in installing windscreen film except one have to pay for it..

The owner has every rights to customize their car to suit ones need by not breaking any LTA laws but not being tight down by MI.

I dun blame the MI for having strict stands about their warranties... since Subaru is so famous about people modifying their products to rockets.    

Next on my list is auto boot... LOL

Hi Zattan,

Indeed solar film needed in nice hot Singaporr especially big SUV windscreen but it is really not about ES malfunction or not but undeclared modification that may allow insurers to void your claim.

This is especially when subaru japan advises against it and MI refuses to install ... I do not think it is a good decision for individual owner to take up such risk .. we neither has the legal power they have or engineering know-how.

Try to declare to your insurer that you installed solar film on windscreen under pretence of wanting coverage will be more prudent but had not heard any owner sharing such success.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Richard,

What do you have to claim against window screen film? During accident?? Insurer?

1. When you buy the XV, its already stating that the ES is not 100% avoiding accident..

2. My personal experience is that insurance still valid with or without the film..

I do not see any risk in installing windscreen film except one have to pay for it..

The owner has every rights to customize their car to suit ones need by not breaking any LTA laws but not being tight down by MI.

I dun blame the MI for having strict stands about their warranties... since Subaru is so famous about people modifying their products to rockets.

Next on my list is auto boot... LOL

Hi Zattan,

If Subaru Japan advised dun do it, MI heed their concern and dun installed for you, it is nothing to do with warranty nor LTA ... when you decides to do it.

The idea to declare to insurer is to avoid that they do not honour your claim under "undeclared modifications" clause that you should check on your car insurance policy .. insurers exists primarily not to protect owners but to make $ and any void is saving aka profit to them.

Please note that uninsurers do not have to prove that the solar film on windscreen led to the claim but can void claim based on such technicality.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

did eyesight gave error alarm?

just be aware guys.

The eyesight shown error and shutdown. 

Still yet to redo, likely next month, took too many days for last week holiday.  [:p]

will update here.

• Praise 1

Hi Zattan,

If Subaru Japan advised dun do it, MI heed their concern and dun installed for you, it is nothing to do with warranty nor LTA ... when you decides to do it.

The idea to declare to insurer is to avoid that they do not honour your claim under "undeclared modifications" clause that you should check on your car insurance policy .. insurers exists primarily not to protect owners but to make $ and any void is saving aka profit to them.

Please note that uninsurers do not have to prove that the solar film on windscreen led to the claim but can void claim based on such technicality.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard,

That’s too bad you think that way...

I respect your stand..

Anyway, I am enjoying my cool ride with the film...

It will be ashamed not enjoying the fruits from Subaru

And

Me paying hard earn money for it..

• Praise 4

Richard,

Thatâs too bad you think that way...

I respect your stand..

And

Hi Zattan,

Thanks and hence did not proceeded with the imprezza 5D after 4th test drive and only to find out this non solar film equipped windscreen .. got mazda 6 executive for my wife instead with no such concern with cool hud display on bsm, lane departure, nav etc.

Hope bros do not end up with my experience of such void of claim by insurers based on technicality for non declaration on solar film installed especially w.r.t. rightfully mentioned hard earned money.

Meanwhile, double layers of 3M ceramic and Zen solar film on my forester xt indeed keeps it cool without same concern.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard,

That’s too bad you think that way...

I respect your stand..

And

Me too, been enjoying my new XV with the solar film and the Eyesight is working fine.

• Praise 1

Let's all move on from this useless and boring solar film/insurance discussion and never to bring it up again, even if we have nothing else to discuss on Subie. [smash]

• Praise 1

I am driving the metallic grey colour. I find the xv has a magic carpet ride, thanks to the new Subaru global platform. The biggest weakness is the fuel consumption is not great.