New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

(edited)
8 hours ago, Hamburger said:

warning system already alerted not to drive but to stop immediately. Still want to try his luck and when the engine kaput, blame conti lousy. 

blame everything but own's choice. :omg:

Lol, IKR! So we all wanted to know more clarity since the poster kindly “shared” but after a few bros/sis asked further info, he kindly wanna “close chapter” and move on.

the more that is being dug up, the more all these sounds iffy and dodgy. Doesn’t matter whether it’s from the poster or from the firm.

the manner the poster is demonising the firm without even going and providing any clarity when asked by others and try to “close chapter” is so totally ........ {CAPTIONS PLEASE}.

I applaud him! 

AC6A36B1-67C3-42C7-B419-54A01773245A.gif

Edited by Kuku_monster
Typo
↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Paper value should be about $50K.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=891759&DL=2975

It can still fetch about $70K in the resale market. So effectively you only need to top up $12K for the brand Subaru XV. Good buy!!! Did you have to top up to redeem your existing loan?

U can't sell a car that cannot move right? If he wants to sell, he needs to fork out a sum to repair the engine. 

7 hours ago, Roh96 said:

U can't sell a car that cannot move right? If he wants to sell, he needs to fork out a sum to repair the engine. 

Motor image is kind enough to trade in my car with spoilt engine. It is now waiting in my hdb carpark rotting due to 1 month shutdown. 

• Praise 1

On 2/18/2020 at 11:17 AM, Extremme said:

For the benefits of others, this is the brand they used for Solar film and specs

https://ibb.co/2ScKYn2

Is it decent? I am still contemplating if I should totally change it. 

Just read this post. Do you mean by default the XV already comes with solar film? I tot I read somewhere that solar films are discouraged due to Eyesight?

On 2/10/2020 at 9:16 AM, Extremme said:

Anyone upgrade their HU to P2 generation? Hows the performance ?

Do you mean there's a newer HU that we have to pay to upgrade?

On 4/7/2020 at 10:24 PM, Munhua said:

At 30k+ mileage, the VW/Seat/Audi/Skoda famous 7spd dry dual clutch gearbox will be kaput so folks don't buy this continental brand (I put many here because all come under the same VW umbrella which also owns Lambo and Porsche). I remember a Hertz car rental staff told me BMW cannot last more than 5 years on average as after that many parts will spoil. Mine is already very high mileage after 4 years. Got spoil aircon compressor and coolant pump before but replace foc under warranty. Now cannot claim 20k engine replacement under warranty so how to continue???

I'm unsure how high your mileage was, but compressor change is not rare. Water pump also. Of course, being BMW, parts n labor charges will be premium compared to BnB cars. As for engine, again I'm unsure what transpired. Hence, I'm half hearted about Audi Q3. Whatever the case, I'm quite certain I'll let go of my ride during its warranty years. I just need to come to terms about managing expectations and premium contis being the toys of the well heeled.

For those like me who ever  owned a 3,5,7er,  

BMW parts are cheap and readily available. It's easy to fix and repair.

I bought my 7er and changed out all gaskets, mountings etc. I need to feel how a Beemer should feel and drive like one.

Cost? 2 engines mount + 2 transmission mount a total of 150. I doubt not many jap car can match that price.

So before throwing any smoke bombs, listen to owners and not hearsay.

• Praise 4

On 4/8/2020 at 11:06 PM, firefly20 said:

Just read this post. Do you mean by default the XV already comes with solar film? I tot I read somewhere that solar films are discouraged due to Eyesight?

yes they do have their own in-house solar film already fitted that suits eye sight but its not great. 

Edited by Extremme

On 4/8/2020 at 11:16 PM, firefly20 said:

Do you mean there's a newer HU that we have to pay to upgrade?

yes you need to pay to upgrade to a newer version that has ApplePlay

2 hours ago, Extremme said:

yes they do have their own in-house solar film already fitted that suits eye sight but its not great. 

Thanks for sharing, Extremme. I guess some kind of solar film is better than none.

Btw is this car noisy? If you did any soundproofing, can also share workshop and cost?

The thing that attracted me to MI is that their conditions for financial rebate is low compared to other competitors.

Seriously looking at the Forester and XV, but I usually go for the cheaper option if I find it acceptable.

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

Thanks for sharing, Extremme. I guess some kind of solar film is better than none.

Btw is this car noisy? If you did any soundproofing, can also share workshop and cost?

The thing that attracted me to MI is that their conditions for financial rebate is low compared to other competitors.

Seriously looking at the Forester and XV, but I usually go for the cheaper option if I find it acceptable.

What is the condition for low financial rebate?

Supercharged
On 4/6/2020 at 8:38 PM, Munhua said:

I have just ordered a Subaru Xv gt edition for only 82k. Really good bargain with so many safety features. Wanna ask where to install tailgate and keyless access (already have). Any WhatsApp grp to join pls add me?

share my bad experience with my previous bmw car 216 diesel active tourer. Bis bmw authorised workshop in Teban gardens spoil my engine after basic svc with a replacement cost of 20k as cannot claim warranty although under 5 yr warranty or 200k. I got no choice to buy this Subaru because the bmw repair cost is half of my car value to cut loss. 

How much did they take in your 216at d?

7 hours ago, iamcoda said:

What is the condition for low financial rebate?

The min loan amt to qualify for financial rebate is $30K over 1 yr, meaning interest payable is less than a thousand which is good. 

Neutral Newbie
2 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

The min loan amt to qualify for financial rebate is $30K over 1 yr, meaning interest payable is less than a thousand which is good. 

Sorry, i don't quite understand 😞. Do you mind explaining a little more?

To give you an example of what I meant, MI requires a min of $30K loan spread over a 1 yr period to qualify for the financial rebate.  For simplicity, assume interest rate to be 2%. This means buyers pay $600 as interest. 

Now the MI financial rebate is $2,500 so it makes sense to go for it  

Some other car brands require a min $50K loan spread over a 5 yr period to qualify for the financial rebate. Again, assuming 2% interest rate, this means buyers pay $5,000 as interest. 

Of course some of us don’t really care about interest, as long as we are comfortable paying the monthly installments, especially for double-income families. No right or wrong, to each his own. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2