New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

23 hours ago, Hamburger said:

For those like me who ever  owned a 3,5,7er,  

BMW parts are cheap and readily available. It's easy to fix and repair.

I bought my 7er and changed out all gaskets, mountings etc. I need to feel how a Beemer should feel and drive like one.

Cost? 2 engines mount + 2 transmission mount a total of 150. I doubt not many jap car can match that price.

So before throwing any smoke bombs, listen to owners and not hearsay.

can be so cheap, assuming you get from stockist?

↡ Advertisement

16 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Yes of course.

Yes these parts may be cheap (the famous wear out very fast bmw brake pads) but not the main components like gearbox and engine which may exceed ur bmw car value when not under warranty (mind you just a entry model not 7 series). I also quite fed up with the sabotage over the past 4 yrs owning a luxury brand. How many times my run flat tyred kena punctured by ppl. Plus throw rubbish at my car. Plus kena scolded for just touching other car door with mine. Maybe I stay in a low class area where there are jealous ppl around. I owned vw and other jap makes so such issue. The engine replacement bill is the final straw. I foresee I will spend more on.maintenance if I continue to drive the bmw for another 6 yrs once warranty over and may exceed a cheap new car price. 

17 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Yes of course.

w once warranty is over and the repair cost may even exceed a cheap new car value.

Those of u considering the forester eboxer can consider the mazda cx30 highest spec.as.cost cheaper (119k vs 115k) and more luxurious with many safety features (higher resale.value). More power too. However I dun wat to spend more than 100k.for.a car at this time. I wanna say new mazda models are.game changers as interior look like bmw and.lexus combined but much cheaper. But since their.active safety tech is 1st gen compared to subaru 3rd gen eyesight may not be so.accurate as use radar.instead.of.cam.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:52 PM, Hamburger said:

Yes of course.

So then it's the labour charges are higher. But drivetrain components won't be cheap.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:54 AM, Kuku_monster said:

Lol, IKR! So we all wanted to know more clarity since the poster kindly “shared” but after a few bros/sis asked further info, he kindly wanna “close chapter” and move on.

the more that is being dug up, the more all these sounds iffy and dodgy. Doesn’t matter whether it’s from the poster or from the firm.

the manner the poster is demonising the firm without even going and providing any clarity when asked by others and try to “close chapter” is so totally ........ {CAPTIONS PLEASE}.

I applaud him! 

AC6A36B1-67C3-42C7-B419-54A01773245A.gif

Why you not giving up on this when the fella already moved on.. lol...

On 4/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, firefly20 said:

The min loan amt to qualify for financial rebate is $30K over 1 yr, meaning interest payable is less than a thousand which is good. 

Edited by Extremme

22 hours ago, Munhua said:

Plus kena scolded for just touching other car door with mine. Maybe I stay in a low class area where there are jealous ppl around. I owned vw and other jap makes so such issue.

This action is already asking other ppls to scold you liao, not every car owners like your car doors edge to lean onto their cars. You may have already created dents on their car doors with notice it.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 4/12/2020 at 12:08 PM, Roldy said:

Why you not giving up on this when the fella already moved on.. lol...

Anything wrong to clarify and find out more even if the fella moved on? Did he or I owe you anything?? .. ROFL 

On 4/11/2020 at 3:56 PM, Munhua said:

I also quite fed up with the sabotage over the past 4 yrs owning a luxury brand. How many times my run flat tyred kena punctured by ppl. Plus throw rubbish at my car. Plus kena scolded for just touching other car door with mine. Maybe I stay in a low class area where there are jealous ppl around. I owned vw and other jap makes so such issue.

Brudder brudder, i don't think u r the only conti owner in the whole entire carpark unless you live in a landed with your own car porch (hence, this isn't an issue).

Maybe u shd be asking urself, why ppl 'many times' sabo ur ride and not other ppl's CONTI car since u say regular merc, veedub, beems, audi are seen as luxury brand.

Take a hard look in the mirror and do abit of self-reflection; answers are sometimes just right in front of u 😉

On 4/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, Munhua said:

Those of u considering the forester eboxer can consider the mazda cx30 highest spec.as.cost cheaper (119k vs 115k) and more luxurious with many safety features (higher resale.value). More power too. However I dun wat to spend more than 100k.for.a car at this time. I wanna say new mazda models are.game changers as interior look like bmw and.lexus combined but much cheaper. But since their.active safety tech is 1st gen compared to subaru 3rd gen eyesight may not be so.accurate as use radar.instead.of.cam.

have u ever sat in the rear seat of the CX30? it's quite a joke seriously... even my XV is bigger in rear seat space...

and if I remember correctly, it's not SkyActiv-X but G here in Singapore. so not paying for the best deal...

11 hours ago, Sarion said:

have u ever sat in the rear seat of the CX30? it's quite a joke seriously... even my XV is bigger in rear seat space...

and if I remember correctly, it's not SkyActiv-X but G here in Singapore. so not paying for the best deal...

I wouldn't mind the skyactiv-G 2.0 litre as long as it is not the 1.5 litre model. I am impressed with the skyactiv-X innovation and performance BUT when maintenance and long term reliablity factor sets in, it puts me off because I believe, not many workshops know how to service/ repair it.

As impress as it is, skyactiv-X is a complicated engine. I will give it a few more years before it gets mature and flaws iron out, then it will be a good consideration over the skyactiv-G. And if skyactiv-X is to be on sale here, it will be at a higher price and by then, how many will really consider?

The current promo for XV makes it very attractive. They price it the same level as CX-3 Standard model. No way CX-3 can match XV. I am curious about Subaru maintenance. I have heard about higher cost in maintaining Subaru due to boxer engine and layout. Higher labor cost for oil change, transmission fluid change, etc. Any comment on that?

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Kuku_monster said:

Anything wrong to clarify and find out more even if the fella moved on? Did he or I owe you anything?? .. ROFL 

Lol.nope, nothing wrong, i also just clarifying only. 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Roh96 said:

The current promo for XV makes it very attractive. They price it the same level as CX-3 Standard model. No way CX-3 can match XV. I am curious about Subaru maintenance. I have heard about higher cost in maintaining Subaru due to boxer engine and layout. Higher labor cost for oil change, transmission fluid change, etc. Any comment on that?

Not true. In fact, it is one of the more reliable cars in market and maintenance is low too less those isolated cases. I drove impreza 1.6 (no issue) and my friend has outback (150k km) without a failure except oil change only. Go google USA and UK ranking on reliability standing, it is in top 5 last i checked. For the package it offers, no other brand can compete except the stigma of Subaru brand itself. MI is not doing a good job to promote Subaru brand further.

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Sarion said:

Oh really? I did not know rear space in cx30 smaller. Transeurokars also nvr let me test drive their safety features so I have no idea how accurate it is. I sit in the forester before so airy and spacious and bright with the sunroof. I agree xv is quite spacious except the middle rear part blocked by awd gb. Since only family of four and good price I close the deal. Somemore the eyesight is quite accurate as it comes to a slow stop behind another vehicle. Very smooth. Only acceleration soso as cannot be compared with cx30 but I know I will use adaptive cruise control often so can ignore this. Cx30 interior is really luxurious like lexus but at lower price.   

Edited by Munhua
↡ Advertisement