New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Sopskysalat said:

You can boost their sales by buying now.

So many years, the deals are usually (1) clearance due to new model launching (2) COE pricing drop. That's about it. The current price is good but at most another 10k off if COE goes down to 20k +/-. Other than that, do not wish for any. THeir base cost is always sticky and will only move by (1) & (2).

Indeed their current price is very attractive. Also hoping that the bank interest rate will drop too. That said, I saw on their website they partner with a few banks. Does it matter which of their partner bank we choose? Is it as straight-forward as choosing the one with the lowest rate?

↡ Advertisement

Guy, do you know what is this green icon? First time I m seeing it. I was just parking on a normal parking lot. No slope or anything

46690.jpg

43 minutes ago, Extremme said:

Guy, do you know what is this green icon? First time I m seeing it. I was just parking on a normal parking lot. No slope or anything

46690.jpg

It's the Hill descent control on your XV!

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

It's the Hill descent control on your XV!

I was just on parking mode...why would it be triggered. First time seeing it since March

1 hour ago, Extremme said:

I was just on parking mode...why would it be triggered. First time seeing it since March

sometimes on a slope at low speeds (below 30) it will activate to assist you in moving , try it next time at mount faber

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Try this telegram channel? Link removed by mod

They have all sorts of car photo inside and you can consult their dealer.. The dealer quite good also.. No harm take a look and getting more opinion/pricing. 

On 5/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, Roldy said:

Let us know if it really works, or its just a "placebo effect". haha

Tested and proven. Using Esso 95 now. Smooth!!!

On 6/18/2020 at 7:48 AM, Meemee said:

Yes, I think there is enough working space once the top cover and air duct is remove. 

Plan to do it in August. 

hope you succeed and can post your success story 🙂 

Neutral Newbie

oh man, just saw the price of XV went up to $95K. How does the COE work in these pricing? I'm a little confused. Been reading there are those that includes COE, but have to top-up, etc. Does it mean you *might* end-up paying more?

23 minutes ago, iamcoda said:

oh man, just saw the price of XV went up to $95K. How does the COE work in these pricing? I'm a little confused. Been reading there are those that includes COE, but have to top-up, etc. Does it mean you *might* end-up paying more?

Their margin is so bloody fat, dont even bother topping up at that price.

In fact, dont buy at that crazy price.

Look at other options.

It was mostly due to price that I bought the Impreza 3 years ago (Cheaper than Altis by 10k), and to a lesser extent, the love of it.

Neutral Newbie
5 minutes ago, Brass said:

Their margin is so bloody fat, dont even bother topping up at that price.

In fact, dont buy at that crazy price.

Look at other options.

It was mostly due to price that I bought the Impreza 3 years ago (Cheaper than Altis by 10k), and to a lesser extent, the love of it.

Now i'm actually considering used XV. I still want the Subaru because of their safety features (my main consideration) for the pricing. 

Which Impreza did you get?

I saw a few used 2018 XV 2.0 Eyesights on sgcartmarts, etc. anyone know if there are major issues with those models? Not sure if the car radio issue is on this model.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, iamcoda said:

Now i'm actually considering used XV. I still want the Subaru because of their safety features (my main consideration) for the pricing. 

Which Impreza did you get?

I saw a few used 2018 XV 2.0 Eyesights on sgcartmarts, etc. anyone know if there are major issues with those models? Not sure if the car radio issue is on this model.

Sadly the 1.6L.

But the headset is better than later versions imho.

I would say wait a while, if you can.

They were selling Impreza 2.0 for 82800 and XV another 3k at 37k COE in Sept last year.

Edited by Brass

Neutral Newbie
5 minutes ago, Brass said:

Sadly the 1.6L.

But the headset is better than later versions imho.

I would say wait a while, if you can.

They were selling Impreza 2.0 for 82800 and XV another 3k at 37k COE in Sept last year.

Cool thanks for the info. 

Regarding COE, is it baked into the listed price?

3 minutes ago, iamcoda said:

Cool thanks for the info. 

Regarding COE, is it baked into the listed price?

It is, unless you are buying an exotic car. No sane person will buy a Subaru XV or Impreza for 110k when COE is 30+k.

That price is nice when COE is at 50 to 60k.

Neutral Newbie
45 minutes ago, Brass said:

It is, unless you are buying an exotic car. No sane person will buy a Subaru XV or Impreza for 110k when COE is 30+k.

That price is nice when COE is at 50 to 60k.

Thank you 🙂

Yes, I can't get my coe during last bidding. Waiting for nxt bidding. I wat to top up also dun have and even if have will be very high as price went up 10k. Too much backlog of sales due to CB.

↡ Advertisement