New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

1 hour ago, iamcoda said:

Just jumping back to this post - is the reason to choose 2.0 over 1.6 due to overall power, or something else between the variants?

I"m shortlisting used Impreza and XV. For Impreza hatchback (2017), should I also go for 2.0? The price of 1.6 is quite attractive to me, but I'm aware that Subaru cars can be quite heavy and slow pickup. I do want the Eyesight version too, but more bucks of course.

Need some thoughts 🙂

Thanks again!

You answered your own question!

There is a reason why they stopped selling the 1.6 cause the pickup is absolutely horrendous. 

Personally i will get the impreza 2.0 or the forester 2.0 instead of XV. XV is neither here nor there and the boot is pretty small and useless esp if the price diff between XV and Forester ain't too big.

Previously they were clearing the older forester 2.0 model (without eyesight) for less than 90k which was a steal during then. 

Edited by ferrytales
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
23 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

There is a reason why they stopped selling the 1.6 cause the pickup is absolutely horrendous. 

Personally i will get the impreza 2.0 or the forester 2.0 instead of XV. XV is neither here nor there and the boot is pretty small and useless esp if the price diff between XV and Forester ain't too big.

Previously they were clearing the older forester 2.0 model (without eyesight) for less than 90k which was a steal during then. 

haha, I wasn't particular sure - I thought the lower spec model has issues or something. 

I think the forester look is too mature for me. Initially was really only considering the XV, but added Impreza into the list since it's a little bit cheaper. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a used car checked, or any reliable workshop I can engage? Not sure if the STA/VIA is enough?

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

The 1.6 stopped selling due to VES banding, as at C1 it would incur a 10K surcharge and make it more expensive then the 2.0 (barring COE category differences)

• Praise 5

Hi everyone, newbie here, just got a resale XV 2.0i-S EyeSight manufactured in 2018.

May I ask the laojiao who are driving the same version if DIY "installing" a rearview mirror eg Akaso, will affect the EyeSight or not?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, 

May I check if any Subaru XV owner here face with engine jerking issue when you accelerate in slow speed? It does not happen all the time. Checked with service center but they said nothing wrong with the car. Thanks for sharing your experience. 

On 8/26/2020 at 1:35 PM, Meemee said:

2 horn 

1 near the air intake the other is behind the dog light (driver side) 

question, how did you reach the horn at the fog light side?

i am thinking of direct plug in my 2 PIAA horns instead of relay.

just to check for relay, did you have to plug in to fuse box? seems like most on Lazada is with separate fuse box plug. 

thanks.....

On 11/6/2020 at 9:39 AM, Meemee said:

I keep that horn intact 

Better to have a fuse for the horn. 

Which most circuits does

thanks, was thinking of direct plug n play... 😔

Mine was when I pick up speed after I stopped at a traffic light. I changed petrol to Esso and Shell. Dont have this issue afterthat. I used to be on SPC

On 11/10/2020 at 10:03 PM, Sarion said:

thanks, was thinking of direct plug n play... 😔

if you are replacing the stock horn using the stock harness then pnp.

Fuse recommended if you run extra wire to new horn.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I am looking to switch to a new XV am currently driving a '15 jazz. 
I am a fresh out of school and the vehicle is primarily to ferry my old folks around.

The reason im keen on an XV is the excellent all round visibility of it (esp. being able to see the end of the hood). I would like to ask if its a reliable vehicle? As the jazz, about 5 years in no issues, except starter motor gone kaput - cost ~$300 to replace. Also how does one go about switching cars, is it as clear as going down to MotorImage and telling them i wanna trade in the current vehicle and top up for an XV? 

I'd appreciate any input, am enjoying the discussions here so far, drive safe all!

Kind Regards

12 hours ago, sasidc said:

Hi guys,

I am a fresh out of school and the vehicle is primarily to ferry my old folks around.

The reason im keen on an XV is the excellent all round visibility of it (esp. being able to see the end of the hood). I would like to ask if its a reliable vehicle? As the jazz, about 5 years in no issues, except starter motor gone kaput - cost ~$300 to replace. Also how does one go about switching cars, is it as clear as going down to MotorImage and telling them i wanna trade in the current vehicle and top up for an XV? 

I'd appreciate any input, am enjoying the discussions here so far, drive safe all!

Kind Regards

2015 jazz means ur coe is relatively on the high side right? You can either sell it off your  own or trade it in. MI trade in price will be quite low too. 

On 2/18/2021 at 11:07 PM, sasidc said:

Hi guys,

Kind Regards

mine is one of the earliest 2L latest gen XV here. no major issue so far after 60k km. only passenger side mirror motor getting noisy.

your starter motor fail in a Jazz seems to be even worst failure compared to a noisy mirror motor...