New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Potential New SV

Front and sides not too different.

Biggest change is back because of new lights - now more like Outback.

Also change of inside much better.

Of course, size bigger and more comfortable.

Some say look a bit like Lexus 200H - esp. the back

02-lexus-ct200h.jpg

lexus-ct-premium-08.jpg

Edited by jg2000
↡ Advertisement

Hello XV owner, just want to ask at a height of 1570mm is it a chore for elderly to get in or out of the XV? Thanks.

It is actually easier.

E.g. when they get up from the seat, they don't need to get up and use effort to push themselves upwards.  They just swing their legs out and they are almost in standing position - basically, they only need to get out from the seat; not get up from the seat (if you know what I mean).

Same thing with sitting down, they do not need their leg muscle to lower themselves downwards to the chair position, their backside is almost at the right position and they just need to lower themselves a little bit into the seat - basically, just sit onto the seat rather than sit down on the seat.

My father who needs help to get up from a low sofa finds it very easy to sit onto and get out from an XV seat.

If they are still active enough to go to the showroom, can ask them to try first.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

It is actually easier.

E.g. when they get up from the seat, they don't need to get up and use effort to push themselves upwards.  They just swing their legs out and they are almost in standing position - basically, they only need to get out from the seat; not get up from the seat (if you know what I mean).

Same thing with sitting down, they do not need their leg muscle to lower themselves downwards to the chair position, their backside is almost at the right position and they just need to lower themselves a little bit into the seat - basically, just sit onto the seat rather than sit down on the seat.

My father who needs help to get up from a low sofa finds it very easy to sit onto and get out from an XV seat.

If they are still active enough to go to the showroom, can ask them to try first.

Thanks bro  [;)]

Quite tempted to get the XV now but it seem like not a popular ride here, hardly see it on the road.

When to see XV today at LK and was quoted $96800, calculated ard $8820 yearly depreciation sound like not a bad deal.

But I forgot to ask abt the free servicing, freebie and etc, anyone know?   [laugh]

Btw, what is XV FC for 50/50 road condition? And what are the standard freebie and "bargained" freebie? Thanks! 

Hello XV owner, just want to ask at a height of 1570mm is it a chore for elderly to get in or out of the XV? Thanks.

$96,800, a very price to get a XV now if u don't need the newer soon-to be launch model. Bet its after some discount for NG and trade-in etc. 50/50 FC 10-12km/l. Freebies, window visors/solar film/floor mat/pedal set but i still prefer cash or more years of free servicing. Hello!! my in-law love my ride height cos they need not bend to enter n exit. definitely not a chore but a lowered sedan or sport car is for elderly

$96,800, a very price to get a XV now if u don't need the newer soon-to be launch model. Bet its after some discount for NG and trade-in etc. 50/50 FC 10-12km/l. Freebies, window visors/solar film/floor mat/pedal set but i still prefer cash or more years of free servicing. Hello!! my in-law love my ride height cos they need not bend to enter n exit. definitely not a chore but a lowered sedan or sport car is for elderly

XV nice design but i find the back seat not say very comfortable to sit on le.

Thanks s1nner!  [;)]

Yes, it is with trade in and over trade discount (Dun quite understand what is over trade) when i asked at LK MI. Is there any recommended Sales person?

Wow! 10km/l  [shocked]  Quite jialat leh, current ride is around 13km/l.  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Titanium

Thanks bro  [;)]

Quite tempted to get the XV now but it seem like not a popular ride here, hardly see it on the road.

Advantage in the sense that it will not be mistaken as a Uber ride like a very common SUV found in Singapore. [:p]

Edited by jg2000

XV nice design but i find the back seat not say very comfortable to sit on le.

Felt the same way initially but when really ride as a back passenger after owning it, found it to be very comfortable - so much so that can fall asleep in it since car's engine has very little vibration and with the CVT, it is very smooth on the road and suspension is very comfortable (if you pump tire to correct pressure as recommended in the owner manual).

Best when you bring down the centre armrest and raise the headrest to support your head just nice - then can sit like a king very comfortably.

It is actually more comftable than 

Vezel back seat - Vezel has a u shape cut outs in the back seat to accomodate the head rests when they are not extended up.  Once head rest extended up, the cut out in the back result in missing support for that part of your back/shoulder - so quite uncomfortable.

QQ back seat - angle of the back seat found it to be too straight.

Thanks s1nner!  [;)]

Yes, it is with trade in and over trade discount (Dun quite understand what is over trade) when i asked at LK MI. Is there any recommended Sales person?

Wow! 10km/l  [shocked]  Quite jialat leh, current ride is around 13km/l.  [sweatdrop]

I usually get at least 12km/l. 70% on highway.

Thanks Hobbes187, so I guess 10km/l 50% highway are realistic then. :mellow:

I used to drive lots of highway from punggol to tuas. Was getting 14+. Then I changed job twice, first one saw more of 50-60% highway commute and was getting 12+. Current commute no highway at all, 100% city and I'm getting 11+, sometimes 12km/L. No start-stop function.

10km/L seems low, is what my friends driving forester get.

• Praise 1

11-12km+ level is definitely achievable in local conditions. My case, about 60-70% highway. On NSHW, easily 14+km or better.

11-12km+ level is definitely achievable in local conditions. My case, about 60-70% highway. On NSHW, easily 14+km or better.

It depends driver to driver.  Some are naturally heavy footed or always stick too close to car in front (and have to brake and accelerate often) and never get good FC.

Also even for same driver, it depends on how fast you get the hang of the CVT and how fast the engine lossens up with usage and servicing.

Hi Bro,

Any bro keen to share how is the process of selling a 5 years old car and get a new car? Sell the car, get the money, clear the loan, then take new loan for the new car?
When is the best time to change old car to new? which year? Thanks thanks! Any agent to recommend?

5 YO is very young.

Hi Bro,

Any bro keen to share how is the process of selling a 5 years old car and get a new car? Sell the car, get the money, clear the loan, then take new loan for the new car?
When is the best time to change old car to new? which year? Thanks thanks! Any agent to recommend?

Supersonic
(edited)

5 YO is very young.

Actually 5 year old car not consider very young la. Last time people change car every 3-5 year de. Lol. I have one uncle he changes car 4-5 year de, cause he said car 5 year is old liao, many problems start to surface.

Edited by 13177

Actually 5 year old car not consider very young la. Last time people change car every 3-5 year de. Lol. I have one uncle he changes car 4-5 year de, cause he said car 5 year is old liao, many problems start to surface.

uncle no total wrong, cos by then about 100k km, need to replace belts, shocks, batt (2nd-5th time), tires (2nd-3rd time), ac components, control arms, bushing, coils, sparkies and maybe some cars start to squeak more.. not everything but perhaps most stuffs mentioned here

↡ Advertisement