New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

The new panasonic HU has better sound quality and integrated GPS but no Apple Carplay. I would prefer to have Carplay instead of GPS, not sure if changing back to the old HU is a good option.

was told by MI the new Panasonic HU has apps for Carplay and Android Auto too.

Anyone can verify?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

definitely no Carplay

what about Android Auto? can advise what model is this Panasonic unit?

Edited by Sarion
  • Praise 1

car delivered with HU that has no GPS function only Carplay and Android Auto.

MI will replace with a Panasonic unit that has GPS function during my 1k servicing this weekend so let's see how that one performs...

hopefully with better audio capability but not sure if it will be flush fit like current factory Starlink HU.

Maybe the later batches come with the integrated GPS?  I was told specifically the car will come with integrated GPS from iGo navigation (not Garmin, Galactio etc) which will have a dedicated button on the HU.  Not sure about the brand though. 

Maybe the later batches come with the integrated GPS?  I was told specifically the car will come with integrated GPS from iGo navigation (not Garmin, Galactio etc) which will have a dedicated button on the HU.  Not sure about the brand though. 

I have posted this new HU in Impreza and should be the same for XV.

There will be onboard navigation and even HDMI input.

But will be disappointed if no Carplay......

post-2857-0-39840600-1516751942.jpg

post-2857-0-82962900-1516751933.jpg

what about Android Auto? can advise what model is this Panasonic unit?

There's an option for Android Auto, but not sure if it works since I haven't tested it.

No model since it's supposed to be an OEM unit.

I have posted this new HU in Impreza and should be the same for XV.

There will be onboard navigation and even HDMI input.

But will be disappointed if no Carplay......

attachicon.gifIMG_4808.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4817.jpg

Yes, that looks to be the new HU.

Has anyone else called MI and asked about Carplay?

• Praise 1

popped by MI yesterday around noon, saw the XV in flesh & checked out the interior, instantly felt like a raised sedan. closing of boot cover is difficult as its quite high. not impressed.

swung over to the forester & instantly felt more spacious interior, love the big sunroof!!!

There's an option for Android Auto, but not sure if it works since I haven't tested it.

No model since it's supposed to be an OEM unit.

Yes, that looks to be the new HU.

Has anyone else called MI and asked about Carplay?

if there's option for Android Auto at least that's ok for me cos my phone's on Android, and find it quite useful for now especially using WAZE/GoogleMaps.

just haven't figure out if i can ever read the Whatsapp messages yet or maybe because my phone setting is not to display message.

(Android Auto installation file easily found on the web and direct install cos Singapore not on Playstore approved country list...)

this Panasonic unit can have SD media is also a plus point since no longer have to depend on phone (i use Pulsar and playlist always restarts for each time driving), so i guess let's hope Android Auto really works on this new HU. will know on Sat for me...

XV comes with 18 inch Bridgestone tires. Is it noisy? Is it wise to trade in the new bridgestone tires? But what tires will be quiet and good?

Thks

XV comes with 18 inch Bridgestone tires. Is it noisy? Is it wise to trade in the new bridgestone tires? But what tires will be quiet and good?

Thks

it is quite enuf as cabin NVH is also good. Dry grip is sufficient (i had to e-break to avoid a stupid heavy vehicle this week), while wet grip has always not been good according to reviews.

i didn't dare to drive fast in heavy rain with these tyres, normal is ok, not sure about aquaplaning yet.

had Goodyear AS3 on my last car and it wasn't really too good for aquaplanning as well especially thru big puddles.

and XV with stock tyres is much quieter than my Legacy with AS3, so car NVH certainly affects not just tyres, since AS3 is supposed to be quiet and it really has low rolling resistance.

suggest drive the HP sport at least 10k-20k to get $ worth before deciding whether to change, unless you really want great wet performance.

popped by MI yesterday around noon, saw the XV in flesh & checked out the interior, instantly felt like a raised sedan. closing of boot cover is difficult as its quite high. not impressed.

swung over to the forester & instantly felt more spacious interior, love the big sunroof!!!

Forester NA also had high boot right? it's not motorized too.

unless you pay 40k more for XT...

@6GHZ @edwinbjong secured your COE? When is your car collection?

Hi Tim, yes, got it.  Car collection should likely be after CNY.

Hi Tim, yes, got it. Car collection should likely be after CNY.

Congrats! Me too after CNY. Listed price drop 5k for next round bidding!

Congrats! Me too after CNY. Listed price drop 5k for next round bidding!

Congrats too!  :a-good:  Yup, probably see you at MI after CNY!