New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

(edited)

auto-hold brake as in you step hard on brake and it hold itself like the Hyundai Tuscon one? 

else if need the button, then no that's not up to standard. there's no facelift yet so i won't expect MI to change unless it's in the GT version.

unless the GT version gets lots of different tech (M'sia report seems to at least show have the side mirror kerb camera), else i beg to differ, not MI style of doing things of adding things along the way.

just look at difference between Impreza and XV, Impreza has full suite of JDM features (sunroof, blind spot monitor, rear brake assist) and more (have the high-beam assist function with auto-dim rearview mirror), XV got nothing.

and Impreza only 1k more expensive then when i got my XV in Jan18.

i told SE, customer got $ to burn, why MI cannot bring in these as options during LTA homogenization then leave it to customer choice? what is $1k difference for all these items when car is ~$100k?

When you go for servicing, go in and take a look, comes with auto-hold now, yes like the tucson one. and specs wise a higher spec one will likely come soon, but then again price might be higher

Edited by SiLangKia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

(edited)

You don’t see korean cars equipped with active safety doesn’t mean they don’t have it. Literally all cars including Perodua is offering

thanks, i am not that ignorant. that's not for sillypore market though, AD's here don't view customers as humans. so safety is a 2nd thought.

see today's offering in this segment, now maybe Mazda have it (today's ad), Nissan also (can't remember which models). Toyota only in their higher spec Harrier, Honda nothing? Hyundai and Kia also nothing.

I was already quite specific in saying Authorized Dealers in last post...

sometimes when they advertised a model here as top safety pick in USA (IHHS?), it's not true for the same car available. 

cos 5star top safety pick only applies to cars with active safety features.

When you go for servicing, go in and take a look, comes with auto-hold now, yes like the tucson one. and specs wise a higher spec one will likely come soon, but then again price might be higher

thanks, will be interesting to know if can upgrade to this function haha...

Edited by Sarion
  • Praise 2

thanks, i am not that ignorant. that's not for sillypore market though, AD's here don't view customers as humans. so safety is a 2nd thought.

see today's offering in this segment, now maybe Mazda have it (today's ad), Nissan also (can't remember which models). Toyota only in their higher spec Harrier, Honda nothing? Hyundai and Kia also nothing.

I was already quite specific in saying Authorized Dealers in last post...

sometimes when they advertised a model here as top safety pick in USA (IHHS?), it's not true for the same car available. 

cos 5star top safety pick only applies to cars with active safety features.

thanks, will be interesting to know if can upgrade to this function haha...

Samw thought. I set the budget to under $100K when I got my rnew ride late last year. Subaru was the ONLY brand offering FCW/AEB/ACC under this price--Authorise dealer, don't want to deal with PI. Would have gone for Impreza as they offer even more safety features, but I like higher ground clearance and also, higher sitting position. Actually Forester was my no,1 choice with bigger interior space and true SUV upright sitting position. Remove forester because 2015 model didn't offer eyesight, 2019 model was >$15K more than XV.

Most car sold here have many safety features removed just so they can lower OMV, even the most important airbag were reduced to 2! The features that made XV one of the top recommendation on car models tested on IIHS 2019 Top Safety Pick+ for small car, Euro NCAP Best small car in 2017 and JNCAP list are intact in local model. 

As for Auto Vehicle Hold aka AVH, its present on 2018 model. I don't know how Tucson works, but AVH work the same as Auto Hold in Santa Fe. One need to activate for it to work, its one of the 2 buttons I will press when start the car--the other is to turn off Auto Start/Stop. Auto brake hold is essential to me when in traffic jam, don't have to touch hand brake or gear lever, it will also switch to electronic hand brake after 10 minutes stationary. 

c2dc34ba3ce88718e12fec216e0f96c9.jpg

I doubt MI will add more vehicle feature by customer request. I did ask for "Blind-spot Detection" and "Rear-cross Traffic Alert", they claimed vehicle was assemble in Japan, can not add or remove any features.

• Praise 3

Expected to be around 3rd quarter 2020, don't ask how I know  :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

auto-hold brake is standard for MY19 XV's. I'm pretty sure a higher spec XV with electric driver's seat, reverse auto braking, blindspot, sunroof etc (similar to what impreza has now) will come soon, to remain competitive as MI only has CAT B cars so they need to up spec to entice buyers

According to SGCARMART, XV have a higher spec variant which add 

- Power-Sliding Tilt-adjustable Glass sunroof

- 8-way Power-adjustable Driver's seat

- Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection (SRVD)

- High Beam Assist (HBA)

for $3K more. I wonder if this is the new GT Line? waiting for those front and rear lips and skirt to appear on OEM market. lol

• Praise 1

(edited)

- High Beam Assist (HBA)

for $3K more. I wonder if this is the new GT Line? waiting for those front and rear lips and skirt to appear on OEM market. lol

go for it. easily cost $10k in conti brands... sunroof is usually already a 2-3k difference for any car.

when u get used to sunroof u really don't wanna live without it (i had no choice then when getting XV, Forester SK version wasn't out when i needed to change car)

similarly for electronic seats versu manual seats....

but my biggest complaint about Subaru is still - rearview mirror!

c'mon, autodim mirror is standard lah! still got manual version one in a 2018/2019 car? (even for JDM)

my colleague's old Cerato already have it, a basic Fit/Vezel also have it. really something unexplainable...

I will probably just wait for the next Forester and hope for hybrid/turbo (or both? haha...) since Outback already pointed the next way forward with the 10" interface and turbo engine. Outback is seriously too long for many sillypore carparks unless someone needs that extra space.

and note the current audio in this XV isn't that bad, tune the DSP a little (try all different modes, actually my sounded good when at Rock but listening to pop). it's a 6x9 woofer by the way not a tiny 5".

else just upgrade to something better, usually can find below 1k price for a reasonably good 2way component.

those OEM copies of front/rear lips sometimes look so cheap that one shouldn't put it on. car value drops :P

get used authentic from Yahoo Japan better

Samw thought. I set the budget to under $100K when I got my rnew ride late last year. Subaru was the ONLY brand offering FCW/AEB/ACC under this price--Authorise dealer, don't want to deal with PI. Would have gone for Impreza as they offer even more safety features, but I like higher ground clearance and also, higher sitting position. Actually Forester was my no,1 choice with bigger interior space and true SUV upright sitting position. Remove forester because 2015 model didn't offer eyesight, 2019 model was >$15K more than XV.

Most car sold here have many safety features removed just so they can lower OMV, even the most important airbag were reduced to 2! The features that made XV one of the top recommendation on car models tested on IIHS 2019 Top Safety Pick+ for small car, Euro NCAP Best small car in 2017 and JNCAP list are intact in local model. 

As for Auto Vehicle Hold aka AVH, its present on 2018 model. I don't know how Tucson works, but AVH work the same as Auto Hold in Santa Fe. One need to activate for it to work, its one of the 2 buttons I will press when start the car--the other is to turn off Auto Start/Stop. Auto brake hold is essential to me when in traffic jam, don't have to touch hand brake or gear lever, it will also switch to electronic hand brake after 10 minutes stationary. 

c2dc34ba3ce88718e12fec216e0f96c9.jpg

I doubt MI will add more vehicle feature by customer request. I did ask for "Blind-spot Detection" and "Rear-cross Traffic Alert", they claimed vehicle was assemble in Japan, can not add or remove any features.

yes same way like the Tuscon then, good for you :) it's really annoying not to have it and have to manually activate lever. so so  stupid...

Edited by Sarion
  • Praise 1

- High Beam Assist (HBA)

I would have go for this options at 3k if available during back then.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I would have go for this options at 3k if available during back then.

Me too although only the SRVD is attractive for me.

Powered adjustable seat is nice to have but manual work just fine; Like wise, Sunroof--I believe its moonroof which can only slide off the shade and tilt open the front part,also, only half side for the front seat; HBA is only useful when no street light, then again, I prefer to manually adjust high/low beam, its better to stay at low beam then to blind the oncoming vehicle if the sensor doesn't work as intended.

Other than the SRVD, the front and rear lips are nice. The rear end not only looks weak plain, it actually is weak, that plastic fibre would not take any hit. I would like to have them reinforce. 

2017-subaru-xv.jpg

See how fragile it is. Picture borrow from uk.motor1.com

Edited by epos

Subaru is full sunroof, haven't seen moonroof from them. they call a sunroof a sunroof  [laugh]

and over 8.5years in my old Legacy, it did not fail and did not leak. good quality...

not sure what do you mean by fragile, bumper materials are meant to be soft to absorb impact.

that's why it's quite wrong to buy the stainless steel chiong bumper covers cos' then function of bumper is altered.

Powered adjustable seat is nice to have but manual work just fine; Like wise, Sunroof--I believe its moonroof which can only slide off the shade and tilt open the front part,also, only half side for the front seat; HBA is only useful when no street light, then again, I prefer to manually adjust high/low beam, its better to stay at low beam then to blind the oncoming vehicle if the sensor doesn't work as intended.

Other than the SRVD, the front and rear lips are nice. The rear end not only looks weak plain, it actually is weak, that plastic fibre would not take any hit. I would like to have them reinforce. 

2017-subaru-xv.jpg

• Praise 2

Subaru XV 2.0 EyeSight has achieved the highest safety ratings in Europe, Japan and US. Fragile weak rear lips??? Hmmm.....

2017-subaru-xv.jpg

• Praise 2

Subaru is full sunroof, haven't seen moonroof from them. they call a sunroof a sunroof  [laugh]

and over 8.5years in my old Legacy, it did not fail and did not leak. good quality...

not sure what do you mean by fragile, bumper materials are meant to be soft to absorb impact.

that's why it's quite wrong to buy the stainless steel chiong bumper covers cos' then function of bumper is altered.

2 diffrent things, a bumper to adsord impact but should be strong enough to with stand minor hit without crample. Not the case for most made today but that not what I was referring to. XV or most Subaru vehicle are more than just city SUV, they can go soft offroad with their full time all wheel drive and LSD. No comments for your so called "chiong" steel plate" on other 2WD SUV, stronger front and read bumper lips are useful when one do go offroad, or even engine skid plate.

I not gonna argue on what's sunroof and moonroof, all info are on the web. The glass roof that don't open fullly is a moonroof to me.

(edited)

2 diffrent things, a bumper to adsord impact but should be strong enough to with stand minor hit without crample. Not the case for most made today but that not what I was referring to. XV or most Subaru vehicle are more than just city SUV, they can go soft offroad with their full time all wheel drive and LSD. No comments for your so called "chiong" steel plate" on other 2WD SUV, stronger front and read bumper lips are useful when one do go offroad, or even engine skid plate.

I not gonna argue on what's sunroof and moonroof, all info are on the web. The glass roof that don't open fullly is a moonroof to me.

when i said chiong one, i meant those for the XV not other cars.

many folks in other countries have taken XV offroad. it's anyway not a full time offroader so don't compare with jeeps or rangies. If anyone wanna do hardcore for XV, just go buy skidplate and raise the suspension, they are available. or buy a Jimny (if you crash you probably have higher chance to die in it) or Prado or Landcruiser or Patrol pls...

search for Rick Hutton on youtube and you will see his offroad adventures with XV. don't remember bumper damage for his type of fun. only foglamp cover.

Subaru sunroof has always been able to tilt/slide full open. haven't seen the XV one for sillypore, but i would expect same function (unless some of you already have brochure that states moonroof).

else Australia website specifically list as electric sunroof under exterior https://www.subaru.com.au/xv/specs

I believe the current GT6 Impreza here is also electric sunroof? similar bodyshell, doesn't make sense to have moonroof for XV.

Edited by Sarion

seems like subaru is running a promo of 92k for their xv, hows the ownership so far?

comparing this with the vitara 1.4t which is going for 99k. 

• Praise 1

seems like subaru is running a promo of 92k for their xv, hows the ownership so far?

comparing this with the vitara 1.4t which is going for 99k. 

quite sure Vitara can't beat Subaru on features, especially when you add 3k more to the XV to get full suite of features still at 95k.

price difference of 3k more can last quite a while for the fuel consumption difference too....

quite sure Vitara can't beat Subaru on features, especially when you add 3k more to the XV to get full suite of features still at 95k.

price difference of 3k more can last quite a while for the fuel consumption difference too....

Road tax of xv is double of vitara though.

Road tax of xv is double of vitara though.

92k vs 99k

The difference can be offset for road tax. In additional, you are getting more out of XV

92k vs 99k

The difference can be offset for road tax. In additional, you are getting more out of XV

and Vitara feels smaller but needs specs to verify.

but seriously, once you go on to own a car with semi autonomous technology like EyeSight/Honda-sensing etc, i think there's no way back...

Eyesight ver3 was also deciding factor for me for XV over Forester XT.

How's the general fuel consumption?

Really tempting though if they can sell at 92k with 39k cat b coe.

Hopefully it goes lower when come drops further.

↡ Advertisement