New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

On 9/14/2019 at 10:55 PM, Extremme said:

looking to buy a SUV for myself..XV seems like a pretty good car to have but am only looking at the most basic model - 2.0i-S EyeSight (A)...does it make a lot of difference from the other model with High Specs?

Time for you to survey for your needs..

I would say for a 2.0L, XV is value for money with the current COE.

↡ Advertisement

On 9/14/2019 at 10:55 PM, Extremme said:

looking to buy a SUV for myself..XV seems like a pretty good car to have but am only looking at the most basic model - 2.0i-S EyeSight (A)...does it make a lot of difference from the other model with High Specs?

This is what you get extra:

Power-sliding, Tilt-adjustable Glass Sunroof

High Beam Assist (HBA)

8-way Power-adjustable Driver’s Seat

Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection (SRVD)

Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB)

for a 4K difference. So I booked the high spec one.

my personal experience with RAB - during test ride when I tried reversing, the temp number plate they hang at the back was blocking the sensor and the system thought it was an obstacle and automatically slammed the brake. I had barely moved so I was impressed by the responsiveness.

Gurus, can you please help with some of my questions:

does MI provide Floor Mats or do we need to buy. If buy, which ones and from where please? I did not ask MI, but don't know if it comes default with the car.

Are these any must buy accessories for XV?

Is it necessary to get a coating done to protect the paint? which shop/brand?

Which brands of car wash soaps are good?

And finally i'm a first time buyer, so is there a checklist of things I should review when taking delivery of the car? I'm picking it up next Sunday.

Thanks all.

5 hours ago, intelormental said:

Gurus, can you please help with some of my questions:

does MI provide Floor Mats or do we need to buy. If buy, which ones and from where please? I did not ask MI, but don't know if it comes default with the car.

Are these any must buy accessories for XV?

Is it necessary to get a coating done to protect the paint? which shop/brand?

Which brands of car wash soaps are good?

And finally i'm a first time buyer, so is there a checklist of things I should review when taking delivery of the car? I'm picking it up next Sunday.

Thanks all.

Join the subby imp/xv chat grouo

On 8/19/2019 at 5:41 PM, epos said:

The eyesight shown error and shutdown. 

Still yet to redo, likely next month, took too many days for last week holiday.  [:p]

will update here.

Finally redo the VEP. Shown them the eyesight manual which forbid anything on the center portion of the windscreen. 

dEAaSD5.jpg

From outside

n0KLcAs.jpg

• Praise 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:39 PM, epos said:

Finally redo the VEP. Shown them the eyesight manual which forbid anything on the center portion of the windscreen. 

dEAaSD5.jpg

From outside

n0KLcAs.jpg

Please tidy up your front cam wires 😊

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

hi, does the XV use timing chain or timing belt? any owner here knows?

I dun own one but during test drive I ask the SE and he says timing chain.

3 hours ago, Dark said:

I dun own one but during test drive I ask the SE and he says timing chain.

i guess all the newer makes are using timing chain. Timing belt is pharsing out.

The good thing about timing chain if you're those drive  from point A to point B type...almost need not change it. ( theoretically  ) 

or you track alot on your car..it should be replace at every 100000km still it will stretch  

HI all.

Wonder if anyone can address my concern. Just test drove XV. I am considering XV high spec with GT line.   Everything is perfect. However what drive me nuts is that the brake pedal. It is so stiff . A slight push is like causing a emergency brake. Anyone knows if this can be adjusted? 

Also how is the road noise when driving up north? Singapore road is too smooth to try

1 hour ago, james_zc said:

HI all.

Wonder if anyone can address my concern. Just test drove XV. I am considering XV high spec with GT line.   Everything is perfect. However what drive me nuts is that the brake pedal. It is so stiff . A slight push is like causing a emergency brake. Anyone knows if this can be adjusted? 

Also how is the road noise when driving up north? Singapore road is too smooth to try

Just picked up my XV High Specs today and there were no issues with the brake. Seems normal. 

Btw did not know there was a high spec GT Line. It was either high spec or GT Line. Btw the next batch of XVs will include the 360 degree camera. The AD installed for me because it was only a few weeks away from the new stock with 360 as default.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, intelormental said:

Just picked up my XV High Specs today and there were no issues with the brake. Seems normal. 

Btw did not know there was a high spec GT Line. It was either high spec or GT Line. Btw the next batch of XVs will include the 360 degree camera. The AD installed for me because it was only a few weeks away from the new stock with 360 as default.

I test drive twice at different showroom thinking it may be the car issue. But both seems too stiff. I have to basically do a slight tap on the brake, anything more it become E-brake.

I drove Toyota/outlander/Mazda 6/CX 5 no such issue. It is really a waste. This car is full spec but I just cant get over this brake issue. unless it can be adjusted.

14 hours ago, james_zc said:

I test drive twice at different showroom thinking it may be the car issue. But both seems too stiff. I have to basically do a slight tap on the brake, anything more it become E-brake.

I drove Toyota/outlander/Mazda 6/CX 5 no such issue. It is really a waste. This car is full spec but I just cant get over this brake issue. unless it can be adjusted.

The brake are more conti feel. Like the car itself. Just need to get use.

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, james_zc said:

HI all.

May I ask what's the pricing of the GT compared to the high specs version? The difference is mainly cosmetic, I presume? 

3 hours ago, Rkankc said:

May I ask what's the pricing of the GT compared to the high specs version? The difference is mainly cosmetic, I presume? 

Yes. Gt is just body kit and different wheels.

2 hours ago, james_zc said:

Yes. Gt is just body kit and different wheels.

GT does not have:

Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection (SRVD)

Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB)

8-way Power-adjustable Driver’s Seat

High Beam Assist (HBA)

Power-sliding, Tilt-adjustable Glass Sunroof

But GT has GT Edition Dual Side View Monitor. If this is the 360 degree camera then it is available in XV High Specs in the new batch of cars coming in Nov.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all the XV bros, I should be collecting my XV at the end of Oct. Can any bro point me to any whatsapp group or other channels to share lobang, answer some Q&A or maybe gathering? Looking to install the front windscreen solar film (ok i know the "risks" so yea, let's not start the discussion ☺️ ) and maybe ceramic coating. Any recommendations? Thanks! 

↡ Advertisement