New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

9 minutes ago, Extremme said:

the car cam? I seldom see car cam on the driver side though..will it obstruct the driver's view? 

No it doesnt, at least on the BV, its quite slim. Better camera visibility when raining, as wipers will wipe water away from that part of the windscreen. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Magfocus said:

No it doesnt, at least on the BV, its quite slim. Better camera visibility when raining, as wipers will wipe water away from that part of the windscreen. 

Yeah am most likely getting Blackvue too. Do you mind taking photo of where you place it ? 

1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

Assuming 50% city and 50% expressway, what’s the typical fuel consumption like for this car? Thanks. 

The SE told me on paper is abt 14 but actual its about 10-11.

My friend driving outlander is achieving abt 10+ with the same capacity

Edited by Extremme

14 hours ago, Extremme said:

The SE told me on paper is abt 14 but actual its about 10-11.

My friend driving outlander is achieving abt 10+ with the same capacity

Thanks for the reply, Extremme. 

On 2/19/2020 at 9:03 AM, firefly20 said:

Assuming 50% city and 50% expressway, what’s the typical fuel consumption like for this car? Thanks. 

So far I have travelled 650km. The fuel indicator is left with 2 bars till empty. Average about 7.8l/100km

12 hours ago, Roldy said:

So far I have travelled 650km. The fuel indicator is left with 2 bars till empty. Average about 7.8l/100km

I must say that's very good. I think there is a perception sometimes that AWD cars gulps petrol.

20 hours ago, Roldy said:

thats 12ish / km? That's really good 😮

On 2/28/2020 at 11:14 PM, Extremme said:

Just got my car. I noticed the fuel consumption display is always in units of litre/100km. Is there a way to show the usual km/litre?

06CE481C-5B49-42A6-AAC7-4C345A324AC9.jpeg

dun think can. just get used to it.

but wondering why you only travelled 41.5km (or at most 69km) and yet left with 490km range?

14 hours ago, Sarion said:

dun think can. just get used to it.

but wondering why you only travelled 41.5km (or at most 69km) and yet left with 490km range?

Took it the day I collected the car and went for a refuel...

Neutral Newbie

I have driven the 2019 Nov XV 2500 kms now,  Mileage BEST 9.1 liters per 100 km and worst 10.4 liters per 100 km. It guzzles fuel when starting, going up car park ramps and in heavy traffic. On expressways at 90km per hour it does 5 litres per 100km (I topped the tank and took it to ECP immediately). I guess this is expected  for a car with this engine capacity.

Neutral Newbie

IF YOU HAVE OR ARE PLANNING TO BUY A SUBARU XV OR FORESTER WATCH THIS

PROBLEMS WITH HEADSET WHILE USING USB STICK TO PLAY MUSIC

My recent purchased Subaru XV has defects which the Distributor in Singapore (M)I is AWARE OF for a long time but is refusing to acknowledge. This is a SAFETY hazard as it distracts the driver If you own a Subaru bought in 2019/2020 or are planning to buy one, watch this video. The first part of the video shows very poor Headset USB media functionality. The second part shows the USB Not recognised issue
1) Movement between one song to another is very very slow (EVEN WHEN controlled from steering) See first part of video
2) It takes a minute or more to even view the playlist...every time the vehicle is started (See 2nd part of video)
3) Sometimes the USB is not recognised (of course I tried several USBs)
4) The remote control is defective and the folder change buttons do not work Motor Image executives are well aware and I have spoken with 3 people over the last 1.5 months.
They changed the headset after acknowledging the issues but still the same problem persists.
The same headset is in XV and Forester and I Tested a Forester  in the Service centre also
The headset is PANASONIC BRAND

Incidentally I have filed a complaint with CASE SINGAPORE yesterday for a resolution.

Apologies I had to change the audio as my comments in original recording were not uploadable. I have also sped up the video a little.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, Xtrah said:

Today met an idiot Subaru XV, was travelling happily on right lane in kpe and I kept a one car distance in front to avoid unnecessary brake with slow moving traffic. The idiot put right signal and cut straight right in without checking blind spot. Thought Subaru have blind spot assist? i have to jam brake for him to enter. Should remove these kuku drivers off the road. Happen to be driven by young chap with dark complexion. Maybe inexperience driver. really spolit my morning drive mood.

Problem is Singaporean drivers put on the signal for show only... they think putting on the signal gives them the right to change lanes instantly without checking the blind spot... they also think they can take into the lane at whatever speed they deem fit without looking at the general speed of the vehicles in that lane causing other drivers to step on the brakes to allow their royal Highness in and creating a red wave down the highway... waste fuel and create possible multi-car pile ups...

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Problem is Singaporean drivers put on the signal for show only... they think putting on the signal gives them the right to change lanes instantly without checking the blind spot... they also think they can take into the lane at whatever speed they deem fit without looking at the general speed of the vehicles in that lane causing other drivers to step on the brakes to allow their royal Highness in and creating a red wave down the highway... waste fuel and create possible multi-car pile ups...

base version don't have blind spot assist. for such driver even have also no use one... just keep driving and hope ur car is harder than his if accident ever occur...

3 hours ago, sveswar said:

IF YOU HAVE OR ARE PLANNING TO BUY A SUBARU XV OR FORESTER WATCH THIS

PROBLEMS WITH HEADSET WHILE USING USB STICK TO PLAY MUSIC

My recent purchased Subaru XV has defects which the Distributor in Singapore (M)I is AWARE OF for a long time but is refusing to acknowledge. This is a SAFETY hazard as it distracts the driver If you own a Subaru bought in 2019/2020 or are planning to buy one, watch this video. The first part of the video shows very poor Headset USB media functionality. The second part shows the USB Not recognised issue
1) Movement between one song to another is very very slow (EVEN WHEN controlled from steering) See first part of video
2) It takes a minute or more to even view the playlist...every time the vehicle is started (See 2nd part of video)
3) Sometimes the USB is not recognised (of course I tried several USBs)
4) The remote control is defective and the folder change buttons do not work Motor Image executives are well aware and I have spoken with 3 people over the last 1.5 months.
They changed the headset after acknowledging the issues but still the same problem persists.
The same headset is in XV and Forester and I Tested a Forester  in the Service centre also
The headset is PANASONIC BRAND

Incidentally I have filed a complaint with CASE SINGAPORE yesterday for a resolution.

Apologies I had to change the audio as my comments in original recording were not uploadable. I have also sped up the video a little.

do u have an IPOD/IPHONE? this unit controls IPOD/IPHONE iTunes quite well through USB, works for me with a 4th Gen (or was it 5th, can't remember...) IPOD no issue. or maybe you should consider trying a faster memory stick? cos might be due to speed of memory transfer?

I've never bothered with the remote control anyway...

5 hours ago, sveswar said:

I have driven the 2019 Nov XV 2500 kms now,  Mileage BEST 9.1 liters per 100 km and worst 10.4 liters per 100 km. It guzzles fuel when starting, going up car park ramps and in heavy traffic. On expressways at 90km per hour it does 5 litres per 100km (I topped the tank and took it to ECP immediately). I guess this is expected  for a car with this engine capacity.

it's about there 11.1 is the best I ever have. I use Eyesight once on highway, so it might contribute to the lower consumption figure (as sometimes it revs up alot to catch the speed gap). e-boxer won't help much, have to wait for PHEV...

↡ Advertisement