New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Neutral Newbie
On 2/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, ferrytales said:

2015 jazz means ur coe is relatively on the high side right? You can either sell it off your  own or trade it in. MI trade in price will be quite low too. 

Yeap my old folks paid a handsome price for the coe back then all i remembered was thinking why are you guys shelling out so much for a small hatchback 😭 but they were quite infatuated with the functionality of the jazz. Noted, will look around for dealers before approaching MI as a last resort. Thank you for your reply! 🙂

Neutral Newbie
5 hours ago, Sarion said:

mine is one of the earliest 2L latest gen XV here. no major issue so far after 60k km. only passenger side mirror motor getting noisy.

your starter motor fail in a Jazz seems to be even worst failure compared to a noisy mirror motor...

😅 yes it horrid few days as sometimes it would start then sometimes fail to do so. after narrowing down the issues i sent it to workshop which confirmed the starter motor issue. That's nice to hear the XV still going strong! (and that too at 60K KMs!) Reassuring to here that, thanks for your response! 🙂

46 minutes ago, sasidc said:

Yeap my old folks paid a handsome price for the coe back then all i remembered was thinking why are you guys shelling out so much for a small hatchback 😭 but they were quite infatuated with the functionality of the jazz. Noted, will look around for dealers before approaching MI as a last resort. Thank you for your reply! 🙂

try sgquotz else u can use the price as reference in sgcarmart. will be quite a hard sell at 9k/10k depre but partly due to the higher coe too so it will be paper + a few k if you are lucky. 

jazz.JPG

Edited by ferrytales

On 2/18/2021 at 11:07 PM, sasidc said:

Hi guys,

I am looking to switch to a new XV am currently driving a '15 jazz. 
I am a fresh out of school and the vehicle is primarily to ferry my old folks around.

The reason im keen on an XV is the excellent all round visibility of it (esp. being able to see the end of the hood). I would like to ask if its a reliable vehicle? As the jazz, about 5 years in no issues, except starter motor gone kaput - cost ~$300 to replace. Also how does one go about switching cars, is it as clear as going down to MotorImage and telling them i wanna trade in the current vehicle and top up for an XV? 

I'd appreciate any input, am enjoying the discussions here so far, drive safe all!

Kind Regards

Firstly, are u ready to commit for a new car since u are just fresh out of school? If you already sorted out the financials then the xv is quite vfm. I do like subaru's awd system which is probably their greatest selling point. The deal breaker on the other hand is probably their cvt. My forester has some issues but nothing major really. You may need to go back to mi to change a couple of things during the warranty period. But I guess it's normal regardless which marque you go for.

I traded in my car as they have a 2k discount back then. I checked and a similar one on sgcarmart is selling for 15 to 16k and I negotiated to 12+2k with mi. I think is pretty reasonable since all the paper work is settled for u. I know quite a few people say MI low ball trade in. So I used the "cheque book" technique. Take out check book and say "if u agree to take my car at xxx value, I will sign". 😂

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, sasidc said:

😅 yes it horrid few days as sometimes it would start then sometimes fail to do so. after narrowing down the issues i sent it to workshop which confirmed the starter motor issue. That's nice to hear the XV still going strong! (and that too at 60K KMs!) Reassuring to here that, thanks for your response! 🙂

anyway my previous Legacy GT lasted over 200k km in 8.5yr without major failure. only radiator leak like close to 160k and some issue with a PCB also around then that affects N gear. the rest wear and tear. and no issue even with the turbo 

4 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Firstly, are u ready to commit for a new car since u are just fresh out of school? If you already sorted out the financials then the xv is quite vfm. I do like subaru's awd system which is probably their greatest selling point. The deal breaker on the other hand is probably their cvt. My forester has some issues but nothing major really. You may need to go back to mi to change a couple of things during the warranty period. But I guess it's normal regardless which marque you go for.

I traded in my car as they have a 2k discount back then. I checked and a similar one on sgcarmart is selling for 15 to 16k and I negotiated to 12+2k with mi. I think is pretty reasonable since all the paper work is settled for u. I know quite a few people say MI low ball trade in. So I used the "cheque book" technique. Take out check book and say "if u agree to take my car at xxx value, I will sign". 😂

Nice technique.

Too bad for me when I get my FXT, my trade in car is going to scrap yard in 3 months time. So they only offer $200 above scrap.

1 hour ago, Sarion said:

anyway my previous Legacy GT lasted over 200k km in 8.5yr without major failure. only radiator leak like close to 160k and some issue with a PCB also around then that affects N gear. the rest wear and tear. and no issue even with the turbo 

Radiator if plastic material harden after 8.5yrs quite common lah.

Neutral Newbie
On 2/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, Stratovarius said:

Yeap! I have actually started serving my bond with a local firm here and not much else to pay for as of now, so taking on the vehicle payment isnt an issue although, i am npt willing to exceed the 180K price range for one. An XV became the choice due to my need for good visibility and high ride height as at work i have been spoiled by driving a bashed up Forester and a Mit. L200, both of which have excellent visibility and traction. Outside of work hours, switching back to the Jazz, i grew very appreciative of just how impt. hood visibility was (albeit i am driving the latter 2 vehicles in a large construction site 😆)  The XV offered that plus its not too big as i dont really need the space a Forester/Outback offers tbh. 

That's new  😂

On 2/20/2021 at 7:22 PM, Sarion said:

That's nice to know! 8 years with no major issues is fantastic. Seems like Subbies are alright after all 😅 All the feedback has been reassuring! 🙂 

Edited by sasidc

Neutral Newbie
On 2/20/2021 at 1:31 PM, ferrytales said:

try sgquotz else u can use the price as reference in sgcarmart. will be quite a hard sell at 9k/10k depre but partly due to the higher coe too so it will be paper + a few k if you are lucky. 

jazz.JPG

Yeap!!! Thank you for the heads up 🙂 i have been scouting this page to get a rough range of prices! Yeap i am hoping for something respectable (maybe a bit more after factoring in the paper value😆 )Thanks for the tips!!

Worth every penny for the bilstien shock absorber. 

Ride is much smoother. 

No  addition oscillation feedback during moving off and stopping. 

Car move edger to move off when step on the accleretor....ho hesitation.. 

Comparing this to a Suzuki Vitara. The XV OMV is around 15-16k and the Vitara is 23k. It seems like Vitara has a $10k paper value at the end of 10years. Just curious about the value of the XV

On 3/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, Meemee said:

Worth every penny for the bilstien shock absorber

Ride is much smoother. 

No  addition oscillation feedback during moving off and stopping. 

Car move edger to move off when step on the accleretor....ho hesitation.. 

this is B6? can advise source?

On 3/18/2021 at 9:00 PM, Spiderhandroll said:

Comparing this to a Suzuki Vitara. The XV OMV is around 15-16k and the Vitara is 23k. It seems like Vitara has a $10k paper value at the end of 10years. Just curious about the value of the XV

Compare the features is probably more important. especially for safety.... it's just 2-3k at the end of 10years, if you drive it that far.... else doesn't really make a difference.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2