New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Hi, my current XV there is a rattling/vibrating sound whenever I drive over uneven road - does you guys feel it ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

"welcome to ah seng aquarium.. we have dolphins, sharks and killer whales.."

their radio advertisement quite catchy..

Neutral Newbie

XV selling for 119k currently. But it's 1,6l with bare minimum spec only.

Any bros driving this model? Good buy? Any comment?

• Praise 1

I am driving this spec - pretty good.

believe current promo is 114K - if you need contact, I can always provide you.

Hi - I test drove this model and (no disrespect to the bros who bought this car and like it), I found it unacceptable for the price quoted. I think the car looks great and has a really good size. However, it really disappointed me. It drove like a truck and was really, really slow. When my wife was test driving it, I told her to speed up on a straight. She hissed at me "I am already flooring it!" You should have seen the SE's face! But the final nail in the coffin was the nasty PVC covering the seats that looks like it comes from a taxi (I have been in taxis that have better PVC!) For a car costing more than $110K, this level of fit is unacceptable to me. That's my view anyway and I am sure other people have a different experience of this car.

• Praise 1

Hi - I test drove this model and (no disrespect to the bros who bought this car and like it), I found it unacceptable for the price quoted. I think the car looks great and has a really good size. However, it really disappointed me. It drove like a truck and was really, really slow. When my wife was test driving it, I told her to speed up on a straight. She hissed at me "I am already flooring it!" You should have seen the SE's face! But the final nail in the coffin was the nasty PVC covering the seats that looks like it comes from a taxi (I have been in taxis that have better PVC!) For a car costing more than $110K, this level of fit is unacceptable to me. That's my view anyway and I am sure other people have a different experience of this car.

with power and torque of 114bhp and 150Nm respectively....what do you expect in term of acceleration and speed?

The problem is with the CVT. Under normal acceleration, pick up, the CVT unit on Subaru is very much acceptable. It is when mid range overtaking, CVT shows their disadvantage, weak... At least for a geared auto or manual, with decent horsepower and torque figures like impreza will at least feel much responsive than CVT.

and coupled to a AWD. [bigcry]

with power and torque of 114bhp and 150Nm respectively....what do you expect in term of acceleration and speed?

and coupled to a AWD. [bigcry]

with those power and torque...barely enough to drive the front two wheels...they still want to drive all four wheels.... :wacko:

It is time to do some shopping to replace my 2,0I 2005 Legacy.

Went to MI and tested the Impreza 1.6 4D and XV 1.6L.

First, took the Impreza for test, for some reason the Impreza not very appealing and sound insulation is not that good. Perhaps it is due to the tyres that used. Very normal point A to Point B sedan I would say, nothing much excite me so far.

SA suggest me to try out XV. Took the same route as Impreza, the XV perform much much better in terms of sound insulation, eventhough same engine and gearbox as Impreza, XV is more responsive and balance, any idea?

XV also provide better road visibility due to higher ground clearance. Of course I have big grin after the test drive.

My heart pretty much goes to the XV, but it come with 11k more for the price compare with Impreza.

Impreza come with better equipments but only 2 airbags and no iStop.

So if settle down with XV 1.6L for the same price, there is another option here which is Honda Vezel (PI).

I know if I go Honda, I will miss the AWD :)

It is time to do some shopping to replace my 2,0I 2005 Legacy.

Went to MI and tested the Impreza 1.6 4D and XV 1.6L.

First, took the Impreza for test, for some reason the Impreza not very appealing and sound insulation is not that good. Perhaps it is due to the tyres that used. Very normal point A to Point B sedan I would say, nothing much excite me so far.

SA suggest me to try out XV. Took the same route as Impreza, the XV perform much much better in terms of sound insulation, eventhough same engine and gearbox as Impreza, XV is more responsive and balance, any idea?

XV also provide better road visibility due to higher ground clearance. Of course I have big grin after the test drive.

My heart pretty much goes to the XV, but it come with 11k more for the price compare with Impreza.

Impreza come with better equipments but only 2 airbags and no iStop.

So if settle down with XV 1.6L for the same price, there is another option here which is Honda Vezel (PI).

I know if I go Honda, I will miss the AWD :)

from TC Legacy down grade to NA Impreza is a huge contrast, heard Subaru NA engine sluggish and bad FC,

can try Mz3, not much power compromise compare to your old Legacy, IMO AWD is not so important function in Singapore, in nowadays such high COE era, you have to truncate

Well, I'm not comparing my existing my 2.0 NA with the 1.6L XV nor Impreza, so underpower is not my concern here :)

In fact the 2.0 EJ is not as bad as what you heard about the FC. As the owner, I generally can get 9-10km/L which I think it is quite acceptable.

Whether the AWD is important or not, this question is really depend on individual needs. If not, the Subaru should have remove this feature, it exist for reason, don's you think so?

By the way, the XV is probably my next car, hope to know more from this thread and group of the owners, cheers...

This ride I heard is assembled in boleh land.

Malaysia does assemble XV but the units here in Singapore are all from Japan.

The XV come with tyre repair kit, Are the fix reliable? Read that tyre shop will not fix your tyre once you use that.

Repair kits meant for temporary, it is foam base and safe to use as long as follow right instruction.

Edited by Rainyday
  • Praise 2

Hi welcome - I am 1 of the owner of 1.6 xv. Not much to complain on this car except some chattering noice from the dashboard - went in MI for a couple of times and manage to minimise the noise level. The pick-up is ave rageas any other 1.6cc car without the turbo. is stable up to 130km/h and the all wheels drive is a good. FC don't expect too much (10-11km/l) for myself and understand the 2.0cc also has the same fc - could be the tonnage and all wheels drive.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1