To those driving manual cars

Vega

3 minutes ago, sake said:

Esp those manual cars without power steering and very stiff clutch pedal. 🙂

No power steering and stiff clutch pedal? Reminds me of those SAF land rover. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

47 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

That's what everyone says until they own one for a daily

Alot of ppl miss driving manual like me.

The ideal is having a manual to drive once in a while when i feel like it or going night driving

Then having an auto when i had to deal jam every morning n evening.

😅

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Eyke said:

i daily drive manual and it's fine, except for those irritating carparks with gantry set at top of steep slope 🤬

If u kenna mscp like the 1 in cause way point. If u stuck 1/2 in middle with a manual will vomit blood. 

Those that no skill type. Will burn their clutch  finish very very fast. Can smell the rubber burn type.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

No power steering and stiff clutch pedal? Reminds me of those SAF land rover. [sweatdrop]

Also reminds me of their Mitsubishi Lancer wagon. No power steering, heavy clutch and manual operating windows and side mirrors.

1 hour ago, Eyke said:

i daily drive manual and it's fine, except for those irritating carparks with gantry set at top of steep slope 🤬

Add got hump on the slope there also......

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

If u kenna mscp like the 1 in cause way point. If u stuck 1/2 in middle with a manual will vomit blood. 

Those that no skill type. Will burn their clutch  finish very very fast. Can smell the rubber burn type.

I think u meant civic centre... causeway point ok lei

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If no traffic jam everyday, i still ok to drive a manual daily. Lol.

Manual best for traffic jams. Need to learn how to control. Release clutch gradually and smoothly, right leg lightly on gas pedal, and your car will crawl very very smooth one....

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Manual indeed no good in carpark, esp those shopping mall. But that is part of the fun of driving a manual car la.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Also reminds me of their Mitsubishi Lancer wagon. No power steering, heavy clutch and manual operating windows and side mirrors.

Mitsubishi Lancer wagon? You mean those GP car?

So many caveats! Means cannot la!

End of a workday, all you want is a simple comfortable car to go home in. automatic, aircon cold. 
So far, all my cars have been stick shift, next one will have to be an automatic liao. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Beregond said:

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Manual indeed no good in carpark, esp those shopping mall. But that is part of the fun of driving a manual car la.

Actually u just need to get used to the car.I actually love climbing up 313 in my MT car.

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Actually u just need to get used to the car.I actually love climbing up 313 in my MT car.

climbing up any slope using manual is not issue.

the problem is jam and struck on a slope and  u come to a total stop.

then u need keep moving off from a parking position using manual on a slope, 😁

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Beregond said:

climbing up any slope using manual is not issue.

the problem is jam and struck on a slope and  u come to a total stop.

then u need keep moving off from a parking position using manual on a slope, 😁

In my old manual, used to just throw clutch and stay at biting point or go, depending on the changing situation in front. I dunno why I no confidence with my current manual, steep slopes prefer to guai guai use hand brake. Maybe I can feel the heavier weight and settings different. But I think use handbrake better for the clutch or transmission lah. 

And huh automatic cars can afford to tail very close, I dun dare 😅

27 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

I used to just throw clutch and stay at biting point or go, depending on the changing situation in front.

this 1 need alot of skill😁 and your clutch must be in  very good condition (soft), or your left knee gg.

if i drive manual lorry like dyna now, i avoid going up long slope in mscp. just wait at btm lol.

i seldom do this any more, like u say, now guai guai use handbrake.....  if really struck....

the last manual car i drive is a civic ( not mine) really si bei song when wacking 😁

Edited by Beregond

27 minutes ago, Beregond said:

this 1 need alot of skill😁 and your clutch must be in  very good condition (soft), or your left knee gg.

if i drive manual lorry like dyna now, i avoid going up long slope in mscp. just wait at btm lol.

i seldom do this any more, like u say, now guai guai use handbrake.....  if really struck....

the last manual car i drive is a civic ( not mine) really si bei song when wacking 😁

Maybe I or we old liao, weather change knee and groin pain sometimes.

I think I no confidence, lack of practice when I got my current car that time.

Civic ah...dwb suspension sibeh shiok ah... 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Phluvcat said:

In my old manual, used to just throw clutch and stay at biting point or go, depending on the changing situation in front. I dunno why I no confidence with my current manual, steep slopes prefer to guai guai use hand brake. Maybe I can feel the heavier weight and settings different. But I think use handbrake better for the clutch or transmission lah. 

And huh automatic cars can afford to tail very close, I dun dare 😅

I once stopped at the slope of civic centre.  Motorcycle stopped right behind me. Literally.  Moving off I was like 😱

Cos while I was confident not to roll back, I am not that confident on a steep slope with a motor cycle just at my back with almost no space in between..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I once stopped at the slope of civic centre.  Motorcycle stopped right behind me. Literally.  Moving off I was like 😱

Cos while I was confident not to roll back, I am not that confident on a steep slope with a motor cycle just at my back with almost no space in between..

Imagine just a bit of roll back before u move forward, the motorcyclist may be thinking "jid bai hong gan liao", or he no feel. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1